** Who Loses their Belt NEXT??? **

Gotta go with Aldo, he's facing the toughest test of his career by a mile. If he wins against Edgar, I'd say Barao or DJ

his is only one I can see oo
hey all look like they won't get upset for the first quarter of the year except for aldo who despite being able to beat Edgar, could viably lose.

Cruz wont be back for a year, so won't lose. I can't see Renan losing. MM is the biggest variable as 135 is such a new and exciting division. anything could happen

Cain wont fight for title for a little while. If he loses to Overeem it will be half way through the year

Cruz is at the greatest risk, despite (or because of) not being able to fight. Who knows how the knee injury will heal, especially after a second surgery because the first didn't work. Chances of a complete recovery are going to be low. Even if he returns, he may never be his usual "mobile" self. Who knows how that'll affect his performance.

Of the ones that can defend their belts, Aldo seems the most likely. Yeah, he's on a 5-defense streak (counting the WEC and UFC defenses), but he's also going against the former champion of a higher weight class who lost the title in a very close decision (and should've won the rematch, according to many) against a guy who was much larger.

Benson and Anderson aren't anywhere near the top of this list, since Benson just defended and doesn't have an opponent scheduled (or even strongly rumored), and Anderson seems to be doing whatever he wants (not to mention three potential challengers were just thrown out of the mix, with Wiedman injured, and Boetsch and Belcher losing unimpressively).

Cain just fought and is waiting for an opponent to declare himself (Overeem, should he win, but if he loses, Werdum?).

GSP is GSP. I don't think Diaz has anything more than a slight puncher's chance, and even that's slight.

I'm too unfamiliar with Barao and his opponent (Michael MacDonald?) to comment, same with Johnson and Dodson.

And Ronda's Ronda.

Play the odds and say Aldo. Tough match up and he fight in Jan.

I'mma bump this when Magicman wears that flyweight strap

I personally think it's either Cruz or Cain... Cain's got two other guys to fight in HW that can beat him in Cormier and Reem. Should be good fights but Cain can win both... Cruz is the question because he's coming off his ACL tear, his whole game was movement and he's fighting a guy with strong kicks... It's a question, he can definitely win, he's a sick fighter but I guess we'll see

Dodson vs. Mighty Mouse is going to be an epic battle, and both guys are great and nice and even. However, I give Mighty Mouse the slight edge. If Dodson won, I would not be surprised.

Aldo is facing Edgar, who we all know is about as good of a challenger any champion in the UFC can face. That fight is an absolute toss up IMO. If Aldo gets past that fight, he still has a few tough contenders left to fight in the next year or two.

Barao fights McDonald next. I gotta give Barao an edge. However, I think McDonald does stand a decent chance.

Velasquez could definitely lose to JDS or Overeem, with both of those fights likely not going to happen until summer. I seem Cain facing someone else first, and winning in dominating fashion.

Bendo has beaten two of the clear 5 best contenders at 155. The only opponents I could see taking his belt (aside from prospects that could develop) are Maynard (who is out with an injury) and Pettis. Against Maynard I give Bendo a pretty significant edge. Against Pettis... well, I don't know. I'll have to see Pettis fight Cerrone first before I am able to judge where Pettis is at physically, mentally, and whatnot.

Rousey isn't losing her next fight. She might lose to Cyborg perhaps, but that fight is probably going to happen in Fall this year, if it happens at all. Aside from Cyborg, I don't think any female fighter stands a chance against her.

Jones and GSP both have easy gimme fights against far inferior competition next, so their titles are safe, barring an insane turn of events. Jones will probably run through Henderson or Gus next. As for GSP, we all know Hendricks is just one hook away from victory.

Silva doesn't have any legitimate competition in Bisping, who is likely his next challenger. Weidman looks to be out for quite a while, and he's the only guy IMO who has any realistic shot at taking Silva's title.

The only way Cruz will lose his title in the near future is if the UFC takes it from him for being out too long. As for whether he will be able to defend his belt successfully, I'll have to see how he is physically first before I can make a proper guess on how well he'll do in a title unification fight.

Reem will be the most dangerous challenger, so I'd say Cain is at the most risk at losing his belt.

I just wish Rhonda was fighting Cyborg now. That way she'd fade away quicker than she showed up after she got smashed...

But I'll have to wait.

I'd say Cruz but who knows when he'll be back and what they're going to do with that title but nonetheless I think his day in the sun is coming to a close.

So since we don't know what's going on with the men's BW title I'm going to say cain. The HW title gets passed around quite a bit and I think the trend will continue. Seems like anyone in the top 5 could be the champ in that division any given day. It doesn't do much for building a "legacy" but I don't mind having a title picture that's a little unpredictable.

Jones.

CHAEL P. SONNEN!!!!.....

.......Has joined the light heavy weight division.

I believe a few of them will lose their belts, but Mighty Mouse will be the first.

Back