• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the greatest heavyweight since Muhammad Ali?

Best Heavyweight since Ali? It depends on the criteria. The video did a half decent job of discussing it but I don't necessarily agree with his list at the end. I'd love to say Tyson because for me he was the most exciting Heavyweight of all time and one of the most skilled. The boxing purists respect him and the casuals love him which is a good point that was mentioned by another poster in this thread.

If we're going with no criteria and just answering the question in general then I'll say Lewis. If Wlad and Vitali did fight then maybe things could've been different for either of them. But, they didn't, and I completely understand why. If they absolutely hated each other and were estranged brothers then I would've loved to see the fight. Two close brothers fighting would've likely made for a boring fight with both showing too much respect to each other.

You're comparing gold to silver man, but that doesn't make silver , bronze...After Ali are the key words here. As for Vitali, he turned pro in 96! and waited for all the top dogs to retire! As for feeling/old or having enough in just one fight, that does happen. It has happend to alot of folks.

"Waiting for the top dogs to retire" is a very skewed way to look at it. There's another equally presentable possibility: he was a large, dangerous man, so there's just as much to say that certain fighters might not want to gamble on what would not have been as a high a payday compared to one against an American, or more established heavyweight.

You're comparing gold to silver man, but that doesn't make silver , bronze...After Ali are the key words here. As for Vitali, he turned pro in 96! and waited for all the top dogs to retire! As for feeling/old or having enough in just one fight, that does happen. It has happend to alot of folks.

Right, Vitali who took the Lewis fight on 10 days notice was scared of other hws....<45>

To end up telling you where it is, in order to help you know this place better. You really should use it.

Akinwande and Bowe provide examples of how Lewis was feared. But yeah, his record alone is more than enough.

You did more than just tell me about the search function. You participated in the discussion, as did many others. There's evidently a demand for this, so use your head and get over it.

Bowe-Lewis never took place. No Boxer is remembered for fights that didn't happen.
George Foreman also never wanted to box Holmes. He wanted to fight Lennox though and was willing to come out of retirement in 2003 to fight Vitali if Vitali had won the fight.

But this is nonsense, because it never happened. Lets discuss what happened: Lennox played it safe against David Tua and elected to make it a 12 round borefest, because he didn't want to take the chance with David.
This provides an example of how feared Tua was.

He avenged his losses, he did to Holyfield what people weren’t doing to Holyfield

Have you ever heard about the Bowe-Holyfield fights? Even Michael Moorer beat Holyfield.

You're by far the worst poster in here, providing wrong information constantly. Go take a cold shower.

I'd still put Lewis over Holmes. I guess, it could be argued for either guy... and yes Lennox was stopped twice during his reign. Still, he came back and avenged both losses, he also was more dominate over what I think was a better caliber of fighter. Holmes struggled with guys he should not have struggled against.

Lewis, rather clearly IMO. after him probably Wlad, Holmes, and holyfield

Bowe may have been the best though.

You did more than just tell me about the search function. You participated in the discussion, as did many others. There's evidently a demand for this, so use your head and get over it.

Bowe-Lewis never took place. No Boxer is remembered for fights that didn't happen.
George Foreman also never wanted to box Holmes. He wanted to fight Lennox though and was willing to come out of retirement in 2003 to fight Vitali if Vitali had won the fight.

But this is nonsense, because it never happened. Lets discuss what happened: Lennox played it safe against David Tua and elected to make it a 12 round borefest, because he didn't want to take the chance with David.
This provides an example of how feared Tua was.

You are the one one that focuses on the Bowe and Akinwande cases, that provide sound evidence of how feared was Lewis, as they come in handy to avoid talking about Lewis's superior HW record. In this record, Lewis did fight Tua and handled him with ease. Comparing his 120-108ish victory to Akinwande's playing possum is irrelevant. Because he won. Once again : it's not all that complicated.

Better discussions on the same topic happened before. I just happened to briefly point out an incorrect statement. Then explain why it is incorrect, because you seem to have trouble understanding it.

Last edited:
You are the one one that focuses on the Bowe and Akinwande cases, that provide sound evidence of how feared was Lewis, as they come in handy to avoid talking about Lewis's superior HW record.

Better discussions on the same topic happened before. I just happened to briefly point out an incorrect statement. Then explain why it was incorrect, because you seem to have trouble understanding why.

Now you're trying to be an asshole because you know you talked shit.

Now you're trying to be an asshole because you know you talked shit.

I'm not the one starting shit with people and getting bitch slapped around his own threads after 278 posts. You keep going with an opinion that hardly anybody agrees with. I said multiple times it was OK to go with Holmes over Lewis even if most people will disagree. That's not "talking shit". Drop it, dude. You can still be a decent poster.

Last edited:
I'm not the one starting shit with people and getting bitch slapped around his own threads after 278 posts. You keep going with an opinion that hardly anybody agrees with. I said multiple times it was OK to go with Holmes over Lewis even if most people will disagree. That's not "talking shit". Drop it, dude. You can still be a decent poster.

Thanks for giving me credit, I see you figured out by now that I know boxing quite ok.
Unfortunately you don't do Marvin Hagler's name credit. Maybe change it to toilet attendant.

Thanks for giving me credit, I see you figured out by now that I know boxing quite ok.
Unfortunately you don't do Marvin Hagler's name credit. Maybe change it to toilet attendant.

You know a bit about boxing and you can't discuss about it. Or make jokes. That's about it.

You know a bit about boxing and you can't discuss about it. Or make jokes. That's about it.
This asshat seems to just like spewin random information hoping people ignore the fact that he’s cherry picking. On the one hand look Riddick Bowe and Michael Moorer beat evander. So fucking what. You aren’t the knowledgable poster you think you are, you’re throwing insults around and pretending you want a debate.

You want to insult people and pretend you know more than everyone else. If you know lore than hagler why are your threads re hashed old threads about sugar ray Leonard Floyd mayweather and Muhammad Ali?

This asshat seems to just like spewin random information hoping people ignore the fact that he’s cherry picking. On the one hand look Riddick Bowe and Michael Moorer beat evander. So fucking what. You aren’t the knowledgable poster you think you are, you’re throwing insults around and pretending you want a debate.

You want to insult people and pretend you know more than everyone else. If you know lore than hagler why are your threads re hashed old threads about sugar ray Leonard Floyd mayweather and Muhammad Ali?

Why do you quote the toilet attendant? Trying to get help from others? Not able to defend yourself?

Why do you quote the toilet attendant? Trying to get help from others? Not able to defend yourself?

Still unfunny, son. But your dodging arguments you can't argue with is improving by leaps and bounds, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
Still unfunny, son. But your dodging arguments you can't argue with is improving by leaps and bounds, I'll give you that.

What argument? We already agreed to disagree. You say Lennox is clearly more accomplished...I proved he isn't.
We could go on and discuss who would win between them prime for prime - Larry Holmes (around 1978-1980) vs. Lennox Lewis (1998-2000).

I'd feel confident betting on Larry...the mobility would be too much for Lennox, and at times it would look like a mismatch.

What argument? We already agreed to disagree. You say Lennox is clearly more accomplished...I proved he isn't.
We could go on and discuss who would win between them prime for prime - Larry Holmes (around 1978-1980) vs. Lennox Lewis (1998-2000).

I'd feel confident betting on Larry...the mobility would be too much for Lennox, and at times it would look like a mismatch.

You didn't prove shit and most knowlegeable people happen to pick Lewis. That being said, betting on the underdog would be interesting in this case. Holmes does have some tools.

You didn't prove shit and most people happen to pick Lewis. That being said, betting on the underdog would be interesting in this case.

I proved it, sweetheart. Now you're dodging another discussion.
And which people are you talking about? The 3-4 guys in here who said Lennox? Now that's some good scientific evidence.

I proved it, sweetheart. Now you're dodging another discussion.
And which people are you talking about? The 3-4 guys in here who said Lennox? Now that's some good scientific evidence.

Lennox's superior record weights more, I'll give you that, son.

Back