Who is the 2nd greatest Middleweight ever?

Just so people are aware, the answer is Chris Weidman.
Rank Fighter Record All-Time Points
BR.png
Anderson Silva 34-10-0
US.png
Chris Weidman 14-5-0
NL.png
Gegard Mousasi
Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

He’s fun to watch yeah. But we gotta be objective and base it off real life accomplishments.
Anderson raped the division for so long number 2 is close. So close that i think giving it to Izzy on the Eye test is understandable. I would still put him behind Rob, Luke, Chris, Gegard and Jacere but he is RIGHT there already.

Henderson for sure, But if Adesanya wins this he may be undisputed # 2.
What, his close win over a fat WW, and one defense will make you think he's #2?

Talk about a low bar.

It's either Franklin or Hendo. I'll take Hendo.

Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia
Chris has tarnished his legacy with this crazy losing streak he has been on. You cant lose this many times and hold your spot.

Hendo for legacy, Yoel by who he beat and how he got beat.

Many other fighters fought either out of prime people like Weidman did with deflated Vitor, or only have couple strong names.

Chris has tarnished his legacy with this crazy losing streak he has been on. You cant lose this many times and hold your spot.
Anderson has a 0.772 overall winning percentage and a 0.783 winning percentage at MW.
Weidman has a 0.736 overall winning percentage and a 0.777 winning percentage at MW.
Hendo has a 0.680 overall winning percentage and a 0.625 winning percentage at MW.

You people get caught up in the moment so damn easily it's actually comical. Weidman still has one of the best winning percentages at MW with 4 UFC MW championships on his mantle and the most career ranked MW victories behind Anderson Silva.

Last edited:
1. Anderson Silva
2. Israel Adesanya
3. Chris Weidman

Adesanya is arguably the greatest middleweight, given that he is the current undefeated champion who beat Anderson Silva. Two or three more title defenses will make Adesanya the clear favorite for greatest middleweight.

Anderson Silva is obviously either 1 or 2 right now, after Adesanya.

Weidman is 3.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Israel Adesanya
3. Chris Weidman

Adesanya is arguably the greatest middleweight, given that he is the current undefeated champion who beat Anderson Silva. Two or three more title defenses will make Adesanya the clear favorite for greatest middleweight.

Weidman is 3.
What the actual fuck.

Please for the love of god shut this thread down

Adesanya is on the right track to #2, but as of right now, Henderson.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Israel Adesanya
3. Chris Weidman

Weidman is 3.
7E079267-D17C-41B5-B330-84531D39204A.gif

185 is tricky because a lot of the names you think of are guys who have been in multiple weight classes.

Belfort, Hendo, Machida, Mousasi, Franklin, Maia, Bisping, etc.

Personally, I would still give it to Hendo as being #2 guy and Mousasi being #3. Not sure why people have Weidman as the second best when he's been KO'd in 4 of his last 5 MW fights......

The gap people Anderson and the rest is pretty significant though

Anderson raped the division for so long number 2 is close. So close that i think giving it to Izzy on the Eye test is understandable. I would still put him behind Rob, Luke, Chris, Gegard and Jacere but he is RIGHT there already.
Your post below this one is very instructive for your line of thinking (counting losses as subtracting from someone’s career accomplishments). If you want that position then cool, but know that almost no one takes that position. If you DID then you’d have to take a crazy stance that Anderson may lose his #1 spot with recent losses. Nah though, it doesn’t erase his past accomplishments. Same for Chris.

Your post below this one is very instructive for your line of thinking (counting losses as subtracting from someone’s career accomplishments). If you want that position then cool, but know that almost no one takes that position. If you DID then you’d have to take a crazy stance that Anderson may lose his #1 spot with recent losses. Nah though, it doesn’t erase his past accomplishments. Same for Chris.
Anderson's peak was SO much higher then the chris tho bro..... Chris's resume is built entirely on Beating a WAY past his prime, still somehow champion Silva.

As a MMA fan i will NEVER forget Silva's reign of destruction. Calling what Chris had a reign is laughable in comparison and thats my point.

Number 2 is so impossibly far from number 1 they all are very close to each other after Silva

Sadly these Sherdoggers haven't worked out basic math yet. Eventually they'll learn that giving value to a loss means that a fighter losing has double the value of a win.

0+1 = 1 (win)
0 (fight hasn't happened yet)
0-1 = -1 (loss)

The difference between +1 and -1 is 2. The equation for this is (1 - [-1] = 2)

Sherdoggers take value from a fighter losing (-1) as well as take value from a fighter not winning (-1) without even being aware they're doing it, which means a single fight impacts your resume twice if you lose... It's an absurd methodology and I laugh every time I see somebody bringing up a fighters losses in these conversations lol

Last edited:
Hendo or Mousasi, but both of these moved up and down weight classes they could have achieved more.

Back