Who is the 2nd greatest Middleweight ever?

Mmas paradox. I dont know who's 3 and down but pretty confident on those 2.
Michael bisping, single handily, changed the career trajectory of Gegard Mousasi ON TWO different occasions. He wanted no part of the dutchman otherwise THERES ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that Gegard Mousasi would of won UFC gold ( to add to every other place he fought and was chsmpioned). He may of turned around and defended it once and then lost or even lost it after winning it but it was flat out criminal how mooses contract negotiations went over the course of 90 days. He finished out his contract at 7-1 and only fighter in UFC history to leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak and in his prime ??????????
????????????????

?

In fact the debate wouldve turned out to be which one is/ was #1 and which one was/is #2 between AS and GM.

I have a feeling prime Hendo would destroy every MW not named (Prime) Anderson Silva.
So he is clearly second best.

Funny that you imply others put too much emphasis on being a UFC champion while you mention Franklin instead of Luke Rockhold.
Franklin is fringe top10 of all time at best, regarding his 8-3 MW record alone, probably not even that.
I guess there are more than 5 who can claim a spot over Weidman but he is up there. I'd say Romero or Jacare for their record at MW, and Machida, Belfort or Mousasi just as Hendo is #2 for battling bigger men, have the stronger for a top5 spot instead of Weidman.

I'm not saying they don't count, they're pretty similar really. Franklin has more fights, wins. Rockhold has slight edge in names and title defenses ( counting both UFC & title defenses ) he could be a good contender for that 5 spot as well. I think it's a bit fuzzy after Hendo & Moose.

Michael bisping, single handily, changed the career trajectory of Gegard Mousasi ON TWO different occasions. He wanted no part of the dutchman otherwise THERES ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that Gegard Mousasi would of won UFC gold ( to add to every other place he fought and was chsmpioned). He may of turned around and defended it once and then lost or even lost it after winning it but it was flat out criminal how mooses contract negotiations went over the course of 90 days. He finished out his contract at 7-1 and only fighter in UFC history to leave on a 5 fight stoppage streak and in his prime ??????????
????????????????

?

In fact the debate wouldve turned out to be which one is/ was #1 and which one was/is #2 between AS and GM.

Love Gegard and I agree he has a strong case for top5 MW ever but saying "would" dispute Silva his #1 status is pure fantasy. Mousasi's fights with Machida, Lovato, Shlemenko or Jacare doesnt justify that, regardless of judges veredict.
He doesnt hold wins over all time greats neither, for lack of opportunities or whatever, except maybe Weidman and Jacare early in his career that was avenged emphatically.

I'm not saying they don't count, they're pretty similar really. Franklin has more fights, wins. Rockhold has slight edge in names and title defenses ( counting both UFC & title defenses ) he could be a good contender for that 5 spot as well. I think it's a bit fuzzy after Hendo & Moose.

Man, Rockhold's run in Strikeforce alone is arguably better than Franklin's run as UFC MW champion.
Rockhold's championship run in UFC is in another league.
Overall, Rockhold was a greater MW than Franklin and not by "slight edge" really

In my opinion, Franklin is in the discussion for the #10 spot, along with Bisping, Sonnen and some others, but no way a top5 all-time

Last edited:
Love Gegard and I agree he has a strong case for top5 MW ever but saying "would" dispute Silva his #1 status is pure fantasy. Mousasi's fights with Machida, Lovato, Shlemenko or Jacare doesnt justify that, regardless of judges veredict.
He doesnt hold wins over all time greats neither, for lack of opportunities or whatever, except maybe Weidman and Jacare early in his career that was avenged emphatically.
There is no " pure fantasy" especially when I'm attaching hypotheticals ( hypotheticals that I 100% believe in but that's me ) and youd be surprised if you ASKED ACTUAL colleagues like Demetrius Johnson, Matty Hume and Lee Murray ( just a few off the top of my head).
Jacare (1-1) is another important figure in the career of Mousasi. After the second fight ( and the accusations), Mousasi finally built a team around the already elite fighter just like the plethora of eventual UFC champs who start their UFC tenure at 2-2. Goat( one of them) Mousasi was born.
Coming on 18 years as a pro cage [ CLEAN]fighter and hes only 34 and wears little to no mma damage. Wow.
Since the age of " around 20" - almost 15 years and running as champ - top 5 - top 10 .....again, still running.

Nobody in the history of the sport can make that claim.....and , wow, as a complete clean fighter.

We'll never see anything like it again ( and hes not done yet).

So take it easy with this " pure fantasy" stuff. I also said that with the notion that he wouldve added a UFC title to his resume.
As usual- pank, you're entitled to your opinion.

There is no " pure fantasy" especially when I'm attaching hypotheticals ( hypotheticals that I 100% believe in but that's me ) and youd be surprised if you ASKED ACTUAL colleagues like Demetrius Johnson, Matty Hume and Lee Murray ( just a few off the top of my head).
Jacare (1-1) is another important figure in the career of Mousasi. After the second fight ( and the accusations), Mousasi finally built a team around the already elite fighter just like the plethora of eventual UFC champs who start their UFC tenure at 2-2. Goat( one of them) Mousasi was born.
Coming on 18 years as a pro cage [ CLEAN]fighter and hes only 34 and wears little to no mma damage. Wow.
Since the age of " around 20" - almost 15 years and running as champ - top 5 - top 10 .....again, still running.

Nobody in the history of the sport can make that claim.....and , wow, as a complete clean fighter.

We'll never see anything like it again ( and hes not done yet).

So take it easy with this " pure fantasy" stuff. I also said that with the notion that he wouldve added a UFC title to his resume.
As usual- pank, you're entitled to your opinion.

Post-Jacare GOAT Mousasi has arguably lost to Lovato, Storn and Machida in lackluster performances and got caught by Hall, not to mention 2014 Jacare would certainly be favoured against this GOAT Mousasi that you imagine. Adesanya and Romero would be favoued as well most likely.

Unpopular opinion

Take the top ten/fifteen best middleweights ever. Make them all fight eachother in their "primes". I say Romero has the most wins. I don't think he's the second best middleweight as far as his resume goes. But as far as matchup wise I think he can beat any middleweight ever.

Unpopular opinion

Take the top ten/fifteen best middleweights ever. Make them all fight eachother in their "primes". I say Romero has the most wins. I don't think he's the second best middleweight as far as his resume goes. But as far as matchup wise I think he can beat any middleweight ever.

Except Whitaker (and those with the same or better skillset as Whitaker)

Rich Franklin remained a clear #2 for 2-3 years after Silva beat him. For me, it's Rich.

BTW, going by your retarded crtieria, Rich Franklin doesnt really have the right to be considered a top10 MW ever, let alone 2nd as some people in this thread claim, probably not even top20 with his 8-3 record at 185lbs best wins Tanner and Okami by narrow decission. A guy as Derek Brunson has better "factual data" in the weightclass.....
But Franklin still has a strong case for top10 MW ever, because people for the most part have brain instead of being uber simpleton as you are with your approach
Franklin is definitely not within the top 10 greatest MWs ever. He has beaten almost zero quality competition within that division. Fighters like Sonnen absolutely demolish his resume.

I have a feeling prime Hendo would destroy every MW not named (Prime) Anderson Silva.
So he is clearly second best.

Prime Weidman and Yoel would easily out wrestler him.

Gegard and Rockhold would give him a run for his money.

Post-Jacare GOAT Mousasi has arguably lost to Lovato, Storn and Machida in lackluster performances and got caught by Hall, not to mention 2014 Jacare would certainly be favoured against this GOAT Mousasi that you imagine. Adesanya and Romero would be favoued as well most likely.
2014 jacked up Souza was favored over " elite" mousasi....and for good reason .At that point , Mousasi " had enough " and did what he was supposed to do. The second machida fight was uneventful but ONE SIDED. The sheep see that Mike bell was listening to big John's scoring and only reason why,lol, there was a split.John didnt even comment on second round ( mousasi clearly won all 3) and said OUT OF NOWHERE, I have it 1-1 after 2 without explaining and watch Josh Thomson face.

Just for the record, the mousasi who fought weidman would be a -240 favorite over the jacare who fought whitaker.

Franklin is definitely not within the top 10 greatest MWs ever. He has beaten almost zero quality competition within that division. Fighters like Sonnen absolutely demolish his resume.

lol you are even more clueless than im thought. Go check any ranking on the web or threadon here. Absolutely nobody with a clue would agree with your statement but jerk off to your "factual data".

????????????????

?

Yes Bisping is 2. I do think Moose would have won if they bought but no guarantees. Bisping was no pushover for anyone.

2014 jacked up Souza was favored over " elite" mousasi....and for good reason .At that point , Mousasi " had enough " and did what he was supposed to do. The second machida fight was uneventful but ONE SIDED. The sheep see that Mike bell was listening to big John's scoring and only reason why,lol, there was a split.John didnt even comment on second round ( mousasi clearly won all 3) and said OUT OF NOWHERE, I have it 1-1 after 2 without explaining and watch Josh Thomson face.

Just for the record, the mousasi who fought weidman would be a -240 favorite over the jacare who fought whitaker.

Souza finished him, and also finished the best win in Gegard's career which is most likely Weidman.
Jacare beat better MWs than Mousasi and when has gone to close decisions, it has been vs better competition in better fights.
Souza never got any favours, earned his opportunities or had less demands but the fact is he earned his standing above Mousasi in the all-time MW rankings imo. Mousasi is not done yet though.

Yes Bisping is 2. I do think Moose would have won if they bought but no guarantees. Bisping was no pushover for anyone.[/QUOT
Mmas paradox is Gegard Mousasi. There is nothing NOTHING PARADOXICAL, lol. ,about Mike Bisping.
Bisping doesn't own a spot in the top 10 or maybe even 15. A good / solid fighter.

Your post was a bit confusing so dont know if u had freudian slip.

Anderson has a 0.772 overall winning percentage and a 0.783 winning percentage at MW.
Weidman has a 0.736 overall winning percentage and a 0.777 winning percentage at MW.
Hendo has a 0.680 overall winning percentage and a 0.625 winning percentage at MW.

You people get caught up in the moment so damn easily it's actually comical. Weidman still has one of the best winning percentages at MW with 4 UFC MW championships on his mantle and the most career ranked MW victories behind Anderson Silva.

how cringe is this shit Taric?

What, his close win over a fat WW, and one defense will make you think he's #2?

Talk about a low bar.

It's either Franklin or Hendo. I'll take Hendo.
hater-ade is all you drink my man? If he beats Costa after beating AYoel, who else does he have to beat to be 2nd? tell me that then.

Back