Who is better athlete? Jon Jones or Forrest Griffin?

TS, are you colorblind? Jon jones is obviously more athletic and explosive than Forrest.

Okay

I guess they could run races, jump sticks, and throw a javelin, or football, or whatever to figure out who the better "athlete" is

As they are both sportsman, and their sport is mma,

you have to go with Jones, as he seems a sure pick for being better at the sport in which they are each best at.

My sport career is ironic and sad.

I allways excelled in athletics even though I never trained for it. I actually loathed it. And I always, except 1x (when I was competing vs 1 year older boys in 2 classes competition) got injured in athletic competitions. I never warmed up. Stupid, but I was young and stupid.

I stopped my soccer career at 14 (I was awesome. The best defender in the country no doubt), because my dad told me his story about his knee. Which he injured in the same club and the knee f*cked his health up. So I chose classic gymnasium (I was also an A student for all 8 years of the elementary school). People were coming to my home asking, begging me to come back.

I also played basketball and I got offered to play in Slovenian 1. league, but couldn't because I came home from school too late and it wouldn't have worked out. I was a monster at basketball and me and my buddies destroyed guys who now play in 1st league. I used to own a guy who played for the national team:) I trained him well:)

I even got offered to play hand ball even though I never played it, but the teached who trained it was all over me because I kicked insane as* at dodgeball. I have an Al Bundy "4 touchdowns" story about the sport, but I won't tell it here now:)

I played tenis and table tenis for fun and I kicked as*.

In short. I excelled in any sport that I ever tried except for skiing and rollerskating and ice skating. Well I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I really haven't spent enough time at these things.

Fighting comes natural to me and I'm also training how to fight since I was 7. But I don't want to fight for money because of my brain and overal health concerns.

I don't have regrets for my decisions not to persue a sporting career, because I had an awesome life anyway. And I wouldn't change it.

But the IRONIC thing is, that the biggest reason I didn't persue sports career, was the fear of injures. I am also injury prone, because I always push myself to the limits. I'm too competetive for my own health. AND what did I do to make this IRONIC as f*ck? I go and get myself injured by severely overexerting myself by lifting heavy timber. If I could travel back in time I'd kick my as* for doing the stupid sh*t that I was doing with those heavy motherf*ckers.

For every great athlete, there are a bunch of us, who for one reason or another haven't decided to persue a sports career.

I have huge respect for pro athletes. Their bodies go trough a lot.

You asked for it:)

What I learned from this post: Married With Children is popular in Slovenia.

F4WsD70.gif

method_get_s_jon-jones-shogun-gif.gif

/thread

Anybody can jump like that

Forrest is better at dunking, Jones is the better athlete.

I feel like this is a stupid question unless you specify how we are measuring it. You can be athletic in all different sorts of ways.

Is a distance runner any less athletic than a sprinter? I don't think so but they clearly have different strengths.

I allways excelled in athletics even though I never trained for it. I actually loathed it. And I always, except 1x (when I was competing vs 1 year older boys in 2 classes competition) got injured in athletic competitions. I never warmed up. Stupid, but I was young and stupid.

I stopped my soccer career at 14 (I was awesome. The best defender in the country no doubt), because my dad told me his story about his knee. Which he injured in the same club and the knee f*cked his health up. So I chose classic gymnasium (I was also an A student for all 8 years of the elementary school). People were coming to my home asking, begging me to come back.

I also played basketball and I got offered to play in Slovenian 1. league, but couldn't because I came home from school too late and it wouldn't have worked out. I was a monster at basketball and me and my buddies destroyed guys who now play in 1st league. I used to own a guy who played for the national team:) I trained him well:)

I even got offered to play hand ball even though I never played it, but the teached who trained it was all over me because I kicked insane as* at dodgeball. I have an Al Bundy "4 touchdowns" story about the sport, but I won't tell it here now:)

In short. I excelled in any sport that I ever tried except for skiing and rollerskating and ice skating. Well I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I really haven't spent enough time at these things.

Fighting comes natural to me and I'm also training how to fight since I was 7. But I don't want to fight for money because of my brain and overal health concerns.

I don't have regrets for my decisions not to persue a sporting career, because I had an awesome life anyway. And I wouldn't change it.

But the IRONIC thing is, that the biggest reason I didn't persue sports career, was the fear of injures. I am also injury prone, because I always push myself to the limits. I'm too competetive for my own health. AND what did I do to make this IRONIC as f*ck? I go and get myself injured by severely overexerting myself by lifting heavy timber. If I could travel back in time I'd kick my as* for doing the stupid sh*t that I was doing with those heavy motherf*ckers.

For every great athlete, there are a bunch of us, who for one reason or another haven't decided to persue a sports career.

Did you sprain a finger typing that?

what kinda poop question is this?

Jones is definitely better at fighting, and that is what they are both best at, so I would have to say that Jones is a better athlete.

In terms of how their raw athletic ability matches up, it's impossible to know. There is a video of Jones failing to dunk a basketball; however, according to his little brother the video is a troll job and Jon can easily dunk a basketball.

Also, since when is dunking a basketball the end all indicator of athletic ability. I would say that Jones running a 4 and a half minute mile is far more impressive than basically any guy over 5'-10" dunking a basketball

On paper, I don't doubt that Jones has the physical requirements (height, reach, vertical leap) to dunk a basketball. Actually coordinating the movement is a different thing entirely, though. There's sport-specific movement, coordination and body control that you can only get by playing a sport regularly or practicing the movement regularly. Same goes for any sport or athletic movement or test. The actual motion of a dunk is pretty unnatural and a unique movement to the sport of basketball. I'm sure if Jones practiced it, he'd get it down pat easily, but just throwing an athlete a basketball and saying "Dunk it!" is easier said than done.

Jumping high is not an important attribute in MMA. I'm sure plenty of world class soccer or football players can't jump worth anything but they don't need to

Back