Who is Backing Frankie Edgar?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As my title asks...

I, for one, am not. Edgar is older, slower, his cardio probably isn't as great as it once was and he hasn't been very active as of late: has only fought twice in the last two years (July, 2017-July, 2019) - one time he got knocked out by Brian Ortega and the other, where he won a decision over Cub Swanson.

Holloway has also been somewhat inactive; however, he has fought three times since July, 2017 and has even fought and went the 25-minute distance vs. Dustin Poirier in a losing effort. But it was quite close in some of the rounds.

I honestly think Holloway will have a somewhat-easy time picking Edgar apart here, or even getting a late stoppage. Holloway has shown that he gets better in every fight, even after his long layoff before fighting Ortega.

Thoughts?

This fight and Tsarukyan vs. Mercier are the only interesting fights on this whole PPV card...

giphy.gif

I hope Frankie gets knocked the fuck out, I doubt max got the power to do it clean, but a brutal tko finish will be my second preference.

Um, I’m cheering for him

Soooooo, sure ....he’s going to win

I’m backing him to be put on any top 10 list of people who have had the most undeserved title shots

Holloway has good get up game. Will he v Frankie?

Not me. I think Holloway puts on a boxing clinic and finishes him.

I am, he’s one of my favourites. Don’t think he’ll win but it would be sweet if he did.

Not me dawg, going Blessed all day.

Me. This is a great legacy fight for Edgar. My cousin already made a mini breakdown on Sherdog...

Edit:Edgar by third round submission or TKO due to ground and pound.

Edgar's my boy, but Holloway is a 180lb dude so it's hard to get him down, and I see it as a UD for Holloway because I doubt he has the power to TKO him unless he throws a head kick or something.

He will win then challenge triple C at Bantamweight.

Count me in. I have absolutely nothing against Max but I'm an Edgar fan and I want to see him finally take the FW title.

Frankie is giving up wayyyy too much size and reach in this matchup.

When Max decides not to use his face to block punches, his movement is super slick. I dunno how Frankie's gonna manage to close distance to land anything on him. I wreckon he's gonna get hit 5 or 6 times before he closes in to land his 1 or 2 shots.

I didn't really want this fight personally.
Max Holloway Vs Volkanovski is what I thought would've made more sense.
Anyways, it'd be a nice story for Frankie to win the title again. Also, it'd be a good time for Holloway to go up a weight class and lose his FW title rather than vacate it.
So, I suppose I'm rooting for Frankie Edgar, even though I'm not really much of a fan.

I love Frankie and am a huge fan. That being said, he is taking another undeserved title shot and holding back more deserving fighters from getting their shots

For that reason I’m rooting for Max. Max vs Volk is the real champ vs #1 contender fight and it’s not close

Bro Neal/Price is the best fight on the card and its not close.

Max should roll Frankie

Back