Who is Backing Frankie Edgar?

Max's legs and body are there to be hit all day. He does a good job at sliding out of the way of punches, but he leaves his legs exposed for kicks. He also does a great job of leaning forward and making himself seem closer to his opponent than he really is, but again, the body and legs are there and those don't lie.

Meh it's not like edgar is a vicious leg kicker plus I fully expect Maximus to walk through Edgar's punches. I doubt Max will bite on any of Edgar's feints, Poirier was more effective with them only because Maximus respected his power shots.

As my title asks...

I, for one, am not. Edgar is older, slower, his cardio probably isn't as great as it once was and he hasn't been very active as of late: has only fought twice in the last two years (July, 2017-July, 2019) - one time he got knocked out by Brian Ortega and the other, where he won a decision over Cub Swanson.

Holloway has also been somewhat inactive; however, he has fought three times since July, 2017 and has even fought and went the 25-minute distance vs. Dustin Poirier in a losing effort. But it was quite close in some of the rounds.

I honestly think Holloway will have a somewhat-easy time picking Edgar apart here, or even getting a late stoppage. Holloway has shown that he gets better in every fight, even after his long layoff before fighting Ortega.

Thoughts?

This fight and Tsarukyan vs. Mercier are the only interesting fights on this whole PPV card...

Styles make matchups. Aldo dominated Edgar twice, Holloway dominated Aldo twice, Edgard might very well have a style of fighting to beat Max. However, if he does, I don't see it being on the feet.

One more try frankie, wouldn't like it if it was any one else. Except I'm good with it being Frankie 1FB207B3-7915-4FC6-84CA-C841F6CA56C7.jpeg

As my title asks...

I, for one, am not. Edgar is older, slower, his cardio probably isn't as great as it once was and he hasn't been very active as of late: has only fought twice in the last two years (July, 2017-July, 2019) - one time he got knocked out by Brian Ortega and the other, where he won a decision over Cub Swanson.

Holloway has also been somewhat inactive; however, he has fought three times since July, 2017 and has even fought and went the 25-minute distance vs. Dustin Poirier in a losing effort. But it was quite close in some of the rounds.

I honestly think Holloway will have a somewhat-easy time picking Edgar apart here, or even getting a late stoppage. Holloway has shown that he gets better in every fight, even after his long layoff before fighting Ortega.

Thoughts?

This fight and Tsarukyan vs. Mercier are the only interesting fights on this whole PPV card...
Hoping? Sure.

Would I bet him even money? No.

I'm backing Frankie as a fan but I'm not backing him to beat Max.

I predicted Max would lose to Poirier and he may derail his career at FW by fighting him. Remember, Max is a big weight cutter and that does not help you take shots. Here is my analysis:

Max should win but I think he is the type of fighter to look like shit within his next few fights. He takes a ton of damage and that typically changes over night for some guys. Legendary chin that withers away over the years.

Max probably stops him in the 3rd or 4th but a dynamic shot by Frankie would not be shocking given the fact that Max eats 100 punches to the dome per fight.

I think it will be a close fight but Max will still win.

I misread the title as "Who is Banging Frankie Edgar?" and was subsequently disturbed as fuck.

Frankie by Carbo-loading.

And if he looses, he already has a day job lined up is appears.

Prime Edgar has what it takes to give Max a hard time... Movement and takedowns.

What Frankie has left vs what's left of Max after Dustin damage and another weight cut is really what this one is about.

upload_2019-7-22_11-6-2.png

Not even sure why Edgar is getting a title shot to be honest with you......

Back