Who is Backing Frankie Edgar?

No doubt it's a personal favor from Dana, but yea he doesnt deserve it. He got his ass whupped by Aldo, I fully expect an even worse beating handed out from Maximus

Well, they should do something for wasting a year of frankie's prime by asking him to do TUF with Penn for a useless trillogy, not to mention the multiple short notice main event fights that Edgar accepted for them.

But honestly I have a hard time believing that the UFC actually returns favors, so maybe Ali just got some dirt on dana.

Last edited:
Bro Neal/Price is the best fight on the card and its not close.

Max should roll Frankie
I tend to agree with you. Says a lot about the quality of a PPV card where Neal/Price is the best fight. PPV numbers for this card could be historically low, not that we'll ever know of course. Maybe Frankie can turn back father time once more and make it a good fight though I have my doubts.

I agree with your assessment of the main event. It's not a great card but I am interested in how Araujo & Neal look, outside of the top 2 fights. Nobody else screams future contender except maybe the kid OAM is fighting.

Rooting for Frankie.

If were betting, moneys on Max.

As my title asks...

I, for one, am not. Edgar is older, slower, his cardio probably isn't as great as it once was and he hasn't been very active as of late: has only fought twice in the last two years (July, 2017-July, 2019) - one time he got knocked out by Brian Ortega and the other, where he won a decision over Cub Swanson.

Holloway has also been somewhat inactive; however, he has fought three times since July, 2017 and has even fought and went the 25-minute distance vs. Dustin Poirier in a losing effort. But it was quite close in some of the rounds.

I honestly think Holloway will have a somewhat-easy time picking Edgar apart here, or even getting a late stoppage. Holloway has shown that he gets better in every fight, even after his long layoff before fighting Ortega.

Thoughts?

This fight and Tsarukyan vs. Mercier are the only interesting fights on this whole PPV card...
I wonder if Aldo will go back to being FW GOAT since thats how MMA works.
Youre only the GOAT until you lose

Frankie .. that new Holly Holm of 145 lb...

Frankie pretty much beats everyone except the top of the line. The exception being Ortega, I suppose.

He's more of a live dog than he's getting credit for and one of the few guys at 145 who can keep up with Max's pace.

Its a nonsense title shot in the first place. Its absurd to get KTFO by a contender, win a single fight, then fight for the title again. He was only on a two fight win streak after getting dominated by Aldo to begin with.

Volk should have fought for the title and he'll be next now, but this isn't a fight that needed to take place.

So long as Holloway can still make 145lbs without killing himself now that he's done a fight at lightweight, he should get the job done and move along.

Hey at least Frankie won a fight this time before being gifted a title shot.

I'm guessing you're going to site Aldo one which he got coming off a loss for the Title a division above which 90% of people felt he was robbed in.

He was coming off of two straight losses.

My boy Arman Tsarukyan going to make a name for himself

watch out
I am interested to see how Tsarukyan looks now, because I believe this is his first training camp outside of Russia/Thailand and he seems to have trained full-time at ATT - possibly helping Poirier for Khabib. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully his boxing and overall punching technique has improved. I think he should get a clear decision over Mercier - Mercier has been very difficult to damage/finish.

He got pieced up by Brian Ortega. I don't give him much of a chance against Holloway.

hJgpUTQ.gif

hcHI9C6.gif

<========This guy
I always cheer for Frankie, oddly enough though he wins decisions I thought he lost and has lost fights on decisions I thought he won, hopefully a clear cut winner emerges this next Saturday

Frankie will win. Those that know that the 23 Enigma is real (like myself) will know this. The signs and patters are there that Edgar is destined to win

I am interested to see how Tsarukyan looks now, because I believe this is his first training camp outside of Russia/Thailand and he seems to have trained full-time at ATT - possibly helping Poirier for Khabib. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully his boxing and overall punching technique has improved. I think he should get a clear decision over Mercier - Mercier has been very difficult to damage/finish.

Yes , he’s at att — will stay there to help Dustin prepare

Well, they should do something for wasting a year of frankie's prime by asking him to do TUF with Penn for a useless trillogy, not to mention the multiple short notice main event fights that Edgar accepted for them.

But honestly I have a hard time believing that the UFC actually returns favors, so maybe Ali just got some dirt on dana.

Seems like Ali has some pull with the UFC, and I'm sure Edgar got compensation for doing TUF and taking a short notice fight. He made the bad decision to take on Ortega and that cost him his TS

Seems like Ali has some pull with the UFC, and I'm sure Edgar got compensation for doing TUF and taking a short notice fight. He made the bad decision to take on Ortega and that cost him his TS

He accepted to fight aldo on short notice for them, too. He's done a lot of favors for the UFC,but again, I don't think that's why they gave him this shot

Me.

He's one of my all-time favorite fighters, and I hope that he pulls this off.

I am, but that's no slight on Max. I just want Frankie to get another title.

I think Max is the favourite, but if anyone can beat the odds, it's Max. I just want to see a good scrap

Back