Who here thinks the fox deal was a mistake?

My friends know way less about the UFC now compared to when it was on spike. And I'm betting there is a correlation to declining PPV numbers too. I'd still say its hard to make a call as I've no idea the UFC financial situation. But in terms of overall exposure and brand recognition the move was negative IMO.

If it was just stuff aired on Fox and Fox sports 1, its a great deal, but then you have cards buried on fox sports 2, which half of the cable providers around the US don't carry, and who knows what they can get over in europe. Fox Sports 2 events need to go. most people can't watch them.
That was true back on spike as well. There was Versus and other channels I didn't get.

Imo the fox deal brought out the worse in Dana and the UFC.

MMA went from: you never know whats gonna happen! This is MMA!!

to: every match is the best match you will ever gonna see..... oh it wasnt? we cut that guy then! problem solved.

It was way easier to follow back then. Free cards on Spike, others on PPV. Now there are FB prelims, fightpass cards, fox sports one, fox sports two, Fx, regular fox...whatever those translate to up here in Canada, is versus still a thing? I never know if I'm going to be able to watch an event until I actually find it scrolling through channels or if its PPV.

Its a mess, and its too much of a pain in the ass for me to work out to watch these thin ass cards.

I've had to go Facebook, illegal stream, tv in order to watch an event before. And for me those are three different screens. It's crazy and not worth the effort And I'm sure as heck not inviting anyone else over to go through that.

I've had to go Facebook, illegal stream, tv in order to watch an event before. And for me those are three different screens. It's crazy and not worth the effort And I'm sure as heck not inviting anyone else over to go through that.
No one wants you to. I've found that people don't give a shit about anything but the PPV and maybe the FS1 prelims. Even that gets too long for a lot of people. If you find switching between FS1 and PPV too laborious...

The FOX gives us better cards, more cards, gives the UFC a shitload more money, and gives FOX a lot of content for their new 24/7 sports network. Everybody wins, but from some reason people dream of the glory days:

511px-Ufcfightnight15.PNG

No one wants you to. I've found that people don't give a shit about anything but the PPV and maybe the FS1 prelims. Even that gets too long for a lot of people. If you find switching between FS1 and PPV too laborious...

This past weekend I could have watched it on fight pass in my office. There's me computer chair. I don't want to sit there myself for like 3 hours.

Well since the Fox deal their PPV numbers are down and their ratings are in a nose dive. Now there are other factors, but these are the numbers.

I think they have lost a lot of casual viewership and it is in no small part because they are no longer on basic cable, and you have to have a Ouija board to know where to watch fights these days.

Speaking personally, I used to buy PPVs all the time and now I basically never do. It really chaps my ass that they moved their "free" cards to a premium sports channel and pay streaming service. That is except for the once in a blue moon when they are on network TV. Like they weren't into my wallet enough as is when I was buying a PPV every month.

They had a formula that was working great and they had to go fuck with it. I think the Fox deal is a total flop.

Could care less what channel its on really, the fight is the fight but I actually enjoy the fox post fight show

money wise it was great for the ufc, but not great for the fans. remember when countdown shows, ufc unleashed, events, event replays, tuf where on spike? now if the ufc manages to get a fan from watching a free event on fox, its harder to keep them as fans than it was before. especially since those free on fox events have been having some boring events.

I think spike was a much better platform for the ufc. Remember when they had fights on tv more than once every six months? huge business mistake

I agree with you. The more popular it gets the more it's changed to appease the pussies that are scared of violence.

Mostly everyone I know still thinks UFC is on Spike and when Bellator's on, they think it's UFC.

I would say this is most common. The average person is like Jackie Moon from Semi-Pro yelling "Somebody hit somebody!"

Mostly everyone I know still thinks UFC is on Spike and when Bellator's on, they think it's UFC.

That is so awesome, UFC builds up Spike viewership. Bellator now making their name off UFC castoff station that helped build UFC by partnering for TUF with Fertitta's.

HAhah...My dad does this. He told me that Tito was still fighting in the UFC and I thought he was watching old fights.

money wise it was great for the ufc, but not great for the fans. remember when count down shows, ufc unleashed, events, event replays, tuf where on spike? now if the ufc manages to get a fan from watching a free event on fox, its harder to keep them as fans than it was before. especially since those free on fox events have been having some boring events.

......We've got fight like Werdum vs. Browne, Henderson vs. Melendez, Shogun vs. Sonnen, Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson and Benevidez II.

The main events we're getting now are on average a lot better than the ones we got on SPIKE. Go back and look it up if you don't believe me. We're getting more cards and better cards than we did before.

They do a billion more free shows now. What are you talking about? Spike did 6 UFNs that usually sucked and 2 TUF finales that were usually worse. We didn't get get free live main events like Vitor vs. Hendo, Bigfoot vs. Hunt, Shogun vs. Hendo and Mousasi vs Machida on Spike. And those are minor FS1 shows and not even the Fox stuff and only over the last couple of months.

......We've got fight like Werdum vs. Browne, Henderson vs. Melendez, Shogun vs. Sonnen, Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson and Benevidez II.

The main events we're getting now are on average a lot better than the ones we got on SPIKE. Go back and look it up if you don't believe me. We're getting more cards and better cards than we did before.

by free on fox i meant the events they been showing on network television. shogun vs sonnen was on fs1

Back