Who here thinks the fox deal was a mistake?

I guess they used to have NO free events then.

a lot of people have to pay extra for fs1. when ufc showed their events and tuf on fx that was more on par with spike. i'm not sure but fx is prob more available than spike is. but their not on fx anymore its all scattered all over the place. i know a few people who have to watch the fs1 events on fox deportes cause they don't get the channel.

a lot of people have to pay extra for fs1. when ufc showed their events and tuf on fx that was more on par with spike. i'm not sure but fx is prob more available than spike is. but their not on fx anymore its all scattered all over the place. i know a few people who have to watch the fs1 events on fox deportes cause they don't get the channel.

I'll actually agree with this. I preferred the FX + FUEL combo more than I do FS1. FUEL was essentially a 24/7 UFC network and between the two we were getting everything we're getting now. We also got the foreign cards actually televised live. It was pretty cool.

FS1 is in 87 million homes (in less than a year). Spike is 98. That is a considerable difference though it doesn't suggest to me the channel is that inaccessible. It's far more accessible than NBC Sports for instance.

I don't see it as too hard to follow. FS1 is pretty much what FX was, just on a sports channel and with way more content. FS2 is really just extra stuff with very very limited live anything besides weigh ins. Then they have four shows on Fox and they still do pay per views. So it's really just mostly FS1 and Pay Per View with four Fox shows. They have shows not meant for the US market but those are only going to be stuff the most hardcore fans are going to want to watch. They used to put some of them on FS2 (though none that were localized for the Asian market) but those were little watched shows,

I think you are asking the wrong people. I'm sure more than a few within Fox's corporate headquarters are asking the same question

We don't know what kind of dosh Fox is paying them, so we can't make an informed opinion

Ufc on Fox is great. And the frequency of events is off the chart.

I think you are asking the wrong people. I'm sure more than a few within Fox's corporate headquarters are asking the same question

I doubt it. If you look at the amount of programming FOX is getting for it's $100 million a year they're coming out ahead:

-The four FOX cards
-All of the FS1 Fight Nights
-Prelims for all of the PPV cards
-TUF (seems like three seasons a year now)
-Pre and post fight shows
-Countdown
-Stock footage shows like Reloaded and Unleashed

If it was just stuff aired on Fox and Fox sports 1, its a great deal, but then you have cards buried on fox sports 2, which half of the cable providers around the US don't carry, and who knows what they can get over in europe. Fox Sports 2 events need to go. most people can't watch them.

In England we get every single event on one channel, including most prelims. Some of the TUF's are not available but I don't watch that shit anyway.

Pulling in 100 million a year doesn't seem to be a mistake.

In England we get every single event on one channel, including most prelims. Some of the TUF's are not available but I don't watch that shit anyway.

Yes but you have to live in England, not worth the tradeoff IMO.
:icon_lol:

Yes but you have to live in England, not worth the tradeoff IMO.
:icon_lol:

LOL, apart from the rain and the millions of extremist Muslims trying to turn it into Islamabad it's not a bad place to live. :)

A better question is "WHY do people feel it was a mistake?" if they feel it was a mistake.

It's one thing to take the negative position (as is usually the case on Sherdog), it's a different thing to EXPLAIN why you're taking that position.

My beef is that almost every card is split between FS1 and FS2..

Have to get 2 packages with my provider and still dont get the PPVs or the Fight Pass stuff.

I dont understand broadcasting economics I guess. One would think there is plenty of money to be had putting your top fighters on TV where the most possible people could see it (for free with commercials) but I must be wrong.

I think Fox sucks at MMA production. I liked spike better

It was way easier to follow back then. Free cards on Spike, others on PPV. Now there are FB prelims, fightpass cards, fox sports one, fox sports two, Fx, regular fox...whatever those translate to up here in Canada, is versus still a thing? I never know if I'm going to be able to watch an event until I actually find it scrolling through channels or if its PPV.

Its a mess, and its too much of a pain in the ass for me to work out to watch these thin ass cards.
Spike didn't air the prelims. Their fight cards were only four fights long. That's why it seemed easier to follow. If you wanted to watch the other fights, you had to wait 2-3 weeks after an event for some dude to upload them to the internet from UFC.com.

Does your government give them free housing, healthcare, cars, zero interest mortgages and ban you from putting your countries flag up incase you offend them? :)

Why yes, as a matter of fact it does. (I dunno about the cars)

And if you dont like you must be a bigot or an islamaphobe or some shyt.

Back