Who has Khabib even beat to be #2....Be honest..

Khabib is a kick-ass name. That is all. (I actually find him kinda boring)

I don't have time to address this post, partially because you have a tendency to write five times more than necessary and partially because I'm a busy guy - so I'll just address the bold. Pettis is currently on a five fight win streak and, of the five, the only debatable win was against Stephens but that 'win' also immediately follows his embarrassing loss to Guida. On the other hand, Cerrone is on a 7 fight win streak and his only debatable win is against Bendo in that same time frame. I'm not saying that Cerrone > Pettis by any means, that's clearly been dealt with decisively. What I am saying is that your Pettis hard-on is unjustifiable given that he's far less 'special' than you would have us believe.

OK, I'll try to be more succinct this time for your pleasure:

Recently = last 2-3 years or so

Pettis vs. Stephens - Oct/'11

Cerrone like you said should have lost to Bendo IN HIS MOST RECENT FIGHT, and has been facing inferior competition. We saw what happened when he stepped up.

You know who else has a "hard-on" for Pettis? Most of the MMA media.

Jordan Breen: Pettis is the most gifted offensive fighter in MMA history and one of the very best defensive fighters in the sport today.

Luke Thomas: This is why we watch MMA, people like Anthony Pettis.

I could go on with examples, but you're giving me flack for that so I won't.

He is special according to the neutral, knowledgeable population in the sport. Don't let your axe to grind with me now because I sassed you or whatever hurt your enjoyment and impartiality on this or any subject. Hard-on...more like nearly dead-on almost from the beginning on this one.

Thats right; I do remember seeing you mentioned quite a few times. Mazel tov!

But me not being nominated is certainly not odd - I'm well aware that my high level of trolling is far too advanced for the average Sherdogger to appreciate. But I'm ok with that.

It's not trolling if you admit to it.

mazel-tov-cocktail.jpg

Many of you have this bad habit of discussing a fighter's wins as just a figure. It's not just the quantity of wins, it's the quality behind how they're achieved. Khabib is right now the scariest dude in the division with Pettis being a close second. Everyone else is just resume fodder for these two.

I dont agree taking that into consideration like that.....RDA was not the #1 contender at the time they fought......what he did afterwards going 3-0 is what gets RDA the shot. Just cause he beat RDA doesn't mean he should be credited with the run that he went on...indirectly that's what that means.

I like to see Khabib in a #1 contender fight.....TBH I would actually rather see Cerrone get the next shot and have Khabib fight someone else for title opportunity. Cerrone IMO is the clear #1 contender.

RDA was top 5 at the time. I believe he was ranked #3 and only ranked behind Melendez and Henderson. The RDA Khabib beat is the exact same RDA who is ranked #1.

OK, I'll try to be more succinct this time for your pleasure:

Recently = last 2-3 years or so

Pettis vs. Stephens - Oct/'11

Cerrone like you said should have lost to Bendo IN HIS MOST RECENT FIGHT, and has been facing inferior competition. We saw what happened when he stepped up.

You know who else has a "hard-on" for Pettis? Most of the MMA media.

Jordan Breen: Pettis is the most gifted offensive fighter in MMA history and one of the very best defensive fighters in the sport today.

Luke Thomas: This is why we watch MMA, people like Anthony Pettis.

I could go on with examples, but you're giving me flack for that so I won't.

He is special according to the neutral, knowledgeable population in the sport. Don't let your axe to grind with me now because I sassed you or whatever hurt your enjoyment and impartiality on this or any subject. Hard-on...more like nearly dead-on almost from the beginning on this one.

I don't have any axe to grind with you. I do think that it's debatable to delineate 'recently' in terms of years, as opposed to fights. Sure, Pettis has a more impressive streak over a period that you arbitrarily define but that has more to do with your definition than it does the streak. I fully agree that Pettis is hands-down the best fighter in the lightweight division, I just think that your argument is facetious and shitty, given how unproven he is as a top fighter.

Khabib is more overrated then what Chael was. It's ridiculous. Cowboy will show the world come May.

Rda got guida'd and ktfo by lil heathen. People have definitely done to him what the eagle did.

Dos anjos was winning the fight vs Guida when his jaw broke, and he got ko'd 6 years ago in an even fight. Khabib shut him down completely and made him look terrible during the best stretch of Dos anjos' career. Not all wins are created equal.

RDA was top 5 at the time. I believe he was ranked #3 and only ranked behind Melendez and Henderson. The RDA Khabib beat is the exact same RDA who is ranked #1.

Depends on the rankings

Outside of Pettis probably nobody can beat Khabib in that division so he should be #1 in division.

Stop hating, start respecting.

Outside of Pettis probably nobody can beat Khabib in that division so he should be #1 in division.

Stop hating, start respecting.

Top fighters are based on performance and beating top competition

Besides beating the current number 1 contender soundly most of his other wins are dominant performances over tough guys. He also matches up really well with Pettis, as the only guy to beat Pettis in the UFC so far wrestled the crap out of him. His resume stacks up just as well as McGregor's.

Back