Who has Khabib even beat to be #2....Be honest..

As being one of the funniest and best posters?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

so what? when they fight, one will go down in rankings and the other won't.

most likely.

Let's not act like RDA destroyed Cerrone either. Cerrone turned the tides, and easily won the 3rd round

Deeerp, he tooled current #1 guy in the division like he was nothing. Khabib clowned RDA for 3 rounds. But he beat just one top 10 guy, too bad its #1 top 10 guy. He needs to beat some top 8 or top 6 guy so I can believe in him :rolleyes:

Come on

RDA is ranked #1 as result of him beating Diaz, Bendo and who ever else

I don't have any axe to grind with you. I do think that it's debatable to delineate 'recently' in terms of years, as opposed to fights. Sure, Pettis has a more impressive streak over a period that you arbitrarily define but that has more to do with your definition than it does the streak. I fully agree that Pettis is hands-down the best fighter in the lightweight division, I just think that your argument is facetious and shitty, given how unproven he is as a top fighter.

The criteria of time over number of fights isn't arbitrary. You improve in the gym and with physical maturation. Cerrone ripped off 7 fights in just over a year. At the end of it, when he jumped back up in competition, he had 3 straight decisions, the last of which he should have lost. The reality is he's not much different of a guy than he used to be.

Is the time frame I chose to constitute "recent" arbitrary? It's hard to measure. But something like 4 years is a long time in MMA, especially when you're 23-24 at the beginning of it, and were making your octagon debut. Pettis has only had 4 fights in 3-4 years, but has won them all dominantly, against elite comp, in ways other fighters weren't beating them. That means he's creating separation w/ the division and is special.

You think Pettis is unproven as a top fighter, what does that make a guy like Khabib? One legit good UFC win, a more or less controlling decision over RDA. Then he should have lost to Tibau a year more recent than Pettis officially lost. This is the #2 fighter in the division. RDA lost to him. Pettis dominantly beat the other 3 of the top 5 contenders.

I think it's fair what I said. The hopes at lightweight for other special fighters come from move ups via fw like Aldo, maybe McGregor, and maybe Edgar; as well as prospects like Magomedov and Felder.

Kahbib is right up there with anyone for skill and matching up with pettis, has some great wins, and when you look at who is left not having a loss with pettis or a recent title shot already, Kahbib is the man!

Kahbib will beat pettis too. Kahbib's fighting style might not be showtime pretty, but that's what fighting is sometimes.

Last edited:
The criteria of time over number of fights isn't arbitrary. You improve in the gym and with physical maturation. Cerrone ripped off 7 fights in just over a year. At the end of it, when he jumped back up in competition, he had 3 straight decisions, the last of which he should have lost. The reality is he's not much different of a guy than he used to be.

Is the time frame I chose to constitute "recent" arbitrary? It's hard to measure. But something like 4 years is a long time in MMA, especially when you're 23-24 at the beginning of it, and were making your octagon debut. Pettis has only had 4 fights in 3-4 years, but has won them all dominantly, against elite comp, in ways other fighters weren't beating them. That means he's creating separation w/ the division and is special.

You think Pettis is unproven as a top fighter, what does that make a guy like Khabib? One legit good UFC win, a more or less controlling decision over RDA. Then he should have lost to Tibau a year more recent than Pettis officially lost. This is the #2 fighter in the division. RDA lost to him. Pettis dominantly beat the other 3 of the top 5 contenders.

I think it's fair what I said. The hopes at lightweight for other special fighters come from move ups via fw like Aldo, maybe McGregor, and maybe Edgar; as well as prospects like Magomedov and Felder.

The converse to that argument is equally true though, i.e. that Pettis has been able to look so impressive partially due to how few fights he

Back