Who has Khabib even beat to be #2....Be honest..

His striking is horrid. I do not see him beating the top guys. He has two out of the three disciplines of MMA down very well, but I jut think that guys today need all three to really be effective......

I agree with ts. If he faces pettis he will get highlight reeled quickly.

I like that you call Khabib overrated, then compare him to the most overrated fighter in MMA right now.

Beating RDA > Cerrones entire win streak. Not to mention Cerrone 100% should of lost his last fight, to a guy RDA knocked out.

Yea Khabibs resume is full of Journeymen, unlike real killers like Miles Jury and Jim miller lol.

He does have a pretty weak resume, but the lone good, legit UFC win (he lost to Tibau in reality) against RDA is carrying him a long way. RDA beat other contenders like Bendo and Cerrone, so for linear purposes, have to put him up there, and Khabib above him.

But everybody toward the top at 155 is tenuous right now except for Pettis. Pettis is the only guy who has beaten multiple contenders in decisive fashion without a recent loss. Everybody else recently has only beaten one guy, or lost to another, or should have lost to another. It's not that 155 is weak. It's just deep, and you have to be a special fighter like Pettis to create separation from the other guys. Right now he appears to be the only one in the division.

And yes, it is kind of ridiculous for so many to want Khabib to win the title. He had his own major injury and prior to that wasn't in the title limbo that Pettis was almost always in since coming into the UFC which was the real reason for his relative inactivity. I guess it's because he's a troll idol, Russian, didn't make a bad impression to them in his first UFC fight; or some great reason like that. Because it certainly ain't rational given the guy's style.

And yes, that style where you're predictable will get you hurt by elite fighters sooner rather than later. The comparisons to Cain are from simpletons just because they share the same camp. Khabib doesn't have near the same fluidity of movement, technical boxing game, or effectiveness offensively in the clinch; and anyways this isn't some weak ass division like heavyweight where you can have major success while being one-dimensional (Hunt was #4 at 40 years old)

He does have a pretty weak resume, but the lone good, legit UFC win (he lost to Tibau in reality) against RDA is carrying him a long way. RDA beat other contenders like Bendo and Cerrone, so for linear purposes, have to put him up there, and Khabib above him.

But everybody toward the top at 155 is tenuous right now except for Pettis. Pettis is the only guy who has beaten multiple contenders in decisive fashion without a recent loss. Everybody else recently has only beaten one guy, or lost to another, or should have lost to another. It's not that 155 is weak. It's just deep, and you have to be a special fighter like Pettis to create separation from the other guys. Right now he appears to be the only one in the division.

And yes, it is kind of ridiculous for so many to want Khabib to win the title. He had his own major injury and prior to that wasn't in the title limbo that Pettis was almost always in since coming into the UFC which was the real reason for his relative inactivity. I guess it's because he's a troll idol, Russian, didn't make a bad impression to them in his first UFC fight; or some great reason like that. Because it certainly ain't rational given the guy's style.

And yes, that style where you're predictable will get you hurt by elite fighters sooner rather than later. The comparisons to Cain are from simpletons just because they share the same camp. Khabib doesn't have near the same fluidity of movement, technical boxing game, or effectiveness offensively in the clinch; and anyways this isn't some weak ass division like heavyweight where you can have major success while being one-dimensional (Hunt was #4 at 40 years old)

I don't have time to address this post, partially because you have a tendency to write five times more than necessary and partially because I'm a busy guy - so I'll just address the bold. Pettis is currently on a five fight win streak and, of the five, the only debatable win was against Stephens but that 'win' also immediately follows his embarrassing loss to Guida. On the other hand, Cerrone is on a 7 fight win streak and his only debatable win is against Bendo in that same time frame. I'm not saying that Cerrone > Pettis by any means, that's clearly been dealt with decisively. What I am saying is that your Pettis hard-on is unjustifiable given that he's far less 'special' than you would have us believe.

I agree. He should be #1 contender, since you know, he just beat the #1 contender in his last fight.

Khabib's win over RDA > Any of Cerrone's wins

Guy is the most overhyped fighter right now in the division.

His best win is Dos Anjos, and decisioned bunch of journey men LW's.

At this point Donald Cerrone's record >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Habib.

Hell, i'd even give Eddie Alvarez a slight edge over him.

idk man, hes 22-0 with a 6 fight win streak in the UFC, and 1 of those wins being over the challenger for the title right now. Plus just the dominance in which hes done it with adds to it all.

Aside from RDA....his resume isn't overly impressive name wise...RDA is the only ranked guy he's beaten. He's been impressive in performance wise......but would like to see him vs other contenders.

idk man, hes 22-0 with a 6 fight win streak in the UFC, and 1 of those wins being over the challenger for the title right now. Plus just the dominance in which hes done it with adds to it all.

I wouldn't call half of his wins dominant even.

- A high majority of the media had him losing to Tibau, many 27-30.
- Healy landed numerous solid shots....good thing for Khabib it was Healy.
- He took some damage against RDA and didn't deliver much of his own.

I don't know why MMA fans love to over-use the term dominate so much.

His win style detracts from the impressiveness if anything. Mediocre win style and opposition. The RDA win and technical record are really the things carrying him. His claim to being a challenger is really paper thin at this point. So you could say he's a paper challenger.

I agree. He should be #1 contender, since you know, he just beat the #1 contender in his last fight.

I dont agree taking that into consideration like that.....RDA was not the #1 contender at the time they fought......what he did afterwards going 3-0 is what gets RDA the shot. Just cause he beat RDA doesn't mean he should be credited with the run that he went on...indirectly that's what that means.

I like to see Khabib in a #1 contender fight.....TBH I would actually rather see Cerrone get the next shot and have Khabib fight someone else for title opportunity. Cerrone IMO is the clear #1 contender.

I like that you call Khabib overrated, then compare him to the most overrated fighter in MMA right now.

Beating RDA > Cerrones entire win streak. Not to mention Cerrone 100% should of lost his last fight, to a guy RDA knocked out.

Yea Khabibs resume is full of Journeymen, unlike real killers like Miles Jury and Jim miller lol.

That's insane.....Khabibs streak of beating five 16-30 ranked guys and one top 5 win is better then Cerrone beating 4 top 10 guys in a row (5 of his last wins are guys that are currently top 11) ?? That includes the last champ Bendo.....(regardless of what you come up with....Cerrone won his fight cause the judges said so...end of story).

Khabibs resume aside from RDA is over rated...im sorry...he's got some solid wins with Tibau and a very good win over RDA...but the rest is average.

Jury was impressive with some solid wins over Gomi, Johnnson and Diego and Miller is always solid consistent top 10 guy

Last edited:

Cerrone did NOT lose the fight with Bendo. It wasn't even slightly controversial to me. I was listening to Rogan thinking to myself "what fight is this guy watching?" But hey that's just my opinion

Cerrone did NOT lose the fight with Bendo. It wasn't even slightly controversial to me. I was listening to Rogan thinking to myself "what fight is this guy watching?" But hey that's just my opinion

You're correct here...

I find if funny that in a very close fight like Bendo vs Cerrone.....that could have gone either way......the critics are screaming robbery awarding Bendo a "internet win" or what I call the "shogun win" as a result of SHogun/Machida 1...as if it was clear cut win for Bendo.

It's so ridiculous, bro. Plenty of dudes get hated on for the exact same style, yet everyone over hypes the shit out of this guy and loves him basically because he's Russian.

This so much. Sherdog has always had a weird homoerotic fascination with Russians.

I agree he hasn't justified a title shot just like over-rated TJ Grant.

hopefully he gets healthy and, you know, fights

Back