• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who had the worst downfall from grace?

Who fell the hardest when they fell?

• Anderson Silva

• Chris Weidman

• BJ Penn

• Tony Ferguson

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
did anyone really have faith in tyron, a couple great wins but ..

Barao, he was #2 P4P.

Only newbies say McGregor.

BJ then Tony. Outside of professional fighting the rest seem to be pretty mentally sound and healthy, Chuck shows signs of brain damage but he doesn't behave erratically like Tony or BJ who live in their own reality.

Rockhold, except for his gritty performance against Costa.

other - the sherdog forum confirm like button.

Penn by far. Was my favourite fighter once. He went from future GOAT and HOF brawler with god given natural talent to looking like an undisciplined fool. No excuses like age or injuries. The prodigy who didn’t bother to keep up with the demands of the sport at the highest level. Once known for having a legendary hard dome and fast hands now a bum KO meme. He’s been at the very top and the very bottom.

Last edited:
Fall from Grace I would tend to exclude those who aged out and more those at/near the top of their game but plummeted seeming overnight.

<Neil01>

Under that criteria, Barao would be #1 for me. Otherwise would of said BJ Penn.

It’s Penn or Ferguson imo. Not only did they fall off a cliff athletic performance wise but their personal lives seemed to be in shambles as well.

Guys like Twood, teh Chris etc while losing their athletic prowess still had stable personal lives

Karo Parisyan: He was my boy and still is but fuck, he was on a streak, lost to Alvarez, had a panic attack and got kicked out of the UFC despite not having the worse record.

Joe Riggs: He is my boy and I talked to him on the phone and this dude has had the shittiest luck. He was a gym legend but could not put it together. Told me that he had to take the Hughes fight on short notice or else...

How could you not even think to put the most obvious person: CONOR MCGREGOR?? :rolleyes:
I was gonna ask the same! I suppose BJ via lack of options. Silva shouldn't even be on there. He was competitive against killers even in his 40s and and went on to be somewhat successful in boxing.

A 'fall from grace' should exclude fighters who are at the tail ends of their careers.
If we look at peak fighters at a prime age who collapsed, that would be Rory MacDonald.

Back