• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who had the worst downfall from grace?

Who fell the hardest when they fell?

• Anderson Silva

• Chris Weidman

• BJ Penn

• Tony Ferguson

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Toss up between BJ and Tony, but BJ is definitely in the lead.

I think Silva just because of how high he fell from, but guys like Penn and Liddell fell harder in terms of rock bottom getting beaten.

Edit: so really I guess I should change my vote to Penn. Most others were still competitive to some degree.

Penn looked like a bum in the end. Silva was always competitive, even against Izzy, Bisping, Brunson... The only time he was soundly dominated was a short notice fight with DC.
He even fucked DC up pretty badly with a body kick. There's no reason to believe it couldn't have been more competitive with a full camp.

"Sherdog Forums" needs to be a choice for this poll. It would win going away.

Last edited:
If you're gonna take into account how far they fell, you have to take into account how high they were artificially celebrated
People treated BJ penn and Rhonda Rowzee like God's

Tony while an interim champion was never treated the same way

BJ penn was the first champ champ
Went up and beat Matt Hughes, and had a great fight against George St. Pierre the first time

They were talking about Ronda Rousey beating Floyd Mayweather, and they put that bitch on the cover of ring magazine, even though she's a terrible boxer

The point is, they were looked at as gods

And then the whole world saw that they were just normal people

Rhonda crying into a pillow
bJ penn getting knocked out by some random fat Hawaiian guy

Anyway, BJ got my vote
For me, it's either him or Rhonda

War Machine, nothing beats life in prison

Barao fell off so hard, people even forget he existed or was ever good. TJ stole his career and erased his legacy.

At least with guys like BJ, it’s accepted they were once good. People don’t even remember Barao despite being a dominant champion.

Fall from Grace I would tend to exclude those who aged out and more those at/near the top of their game but plummeted seeming overnight.

<Neil01>

Big Rigg Hendricks.

He always had disciple issues with how massive he blew up inbetween fights.

But I think once he became Champ he lost all motivation. So he went from arguably beating GSP to getting KOd in bare Knuckle.

Motivated Hendricks doesn't lose to Magny or Boetsch.

There's no way it's Silva, call me bias but he aged, snapped his leg and his losses include going the distance with DC, Izzy and argurably beats the count (though it wasn't a robbery) He should have retired earlier but UFC was paying to good not to.

His bad losses were against the Chris via Taunting and leg snap and his last two. Other losses were respectable imo

DATEOPPONENTRES.DECISIONRNDTIMEEVENT
Nov 1, 2020Uriah HallLKO/TKO41:24UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva
May 12, 2019Jared CannonierLKO/TKO14:47UFC 237: Namajunas vs. Andrade
Feb 10, 2019Israel AdesanyaLDecision - Unanimous35:00UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva
Feb 12, 2017Derek BrunsonWDecision - Unanimous35:00UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie
Jul 10, 2016Daniel CormierLDecision - Unanimous35:00UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes
Feb 27, 2016Michael BispingLDecision - Unanimous55:00UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Bisping
Feb 1, 2015Nick DiazDNo Contest55:00UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz
Dec 29, 2013Chris WeidmanChampionship BeltLKO/TKO21:16UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2
Jul 7, 2013Chris WeidmanChampionship BeltLKO/TKO

I guess i don’t understand the question. What is fell the hardest when they fell? Ronda is an example of fell the hardest to me. Maybe Tyron. The others stuck around too long. Maybe it’s me who differentiates the two. I think aging and the skills just not being there anymore isn’t a fall. It is what it is. I think getting whooped while supposedly at your best and then running away is more of a fall from grace than a person who just can’t hang it up.

My thoughts exactly

Reactions: Yep
No "Cro Cop" in the poll? Really?

That guy went from killer to easy prey, who looked terrified in every fight he had after Gonzaga(half of which he got brutally KO'd). That was tough to watch. I was riding that guy's nuts so hard, I could smell his pubic hair. Talkin' mad shit to all my work buddies about how he could easily destroy the entire UFC. He did no favors to my Monday mornings...
CroCop went 12-1 or something like that in an org with a ring and no USADA after his UFC stint.

Barao will be back, he’s bulking up Jones style

Back