• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who had the worst downfall from grace?

Who fell the hardest when they fell?

• Anderson Silva

• Chris Weidman

• BJ Penn

• Tony Ferguson

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
i may be alone with this one but I think Jon Jones. yes he's operating at the top of the food chain but
-running over pregnant mothers
-doing cociaine
-popping for PEDS
-hiding under cages
-beating wife
-drunk driving
- fake Christian persona
-ducking francis

i feel he had all the tools and opportunity to be a mystical character that's bigger than the sport such as a Michael Jordan or Cristiano Ronaldo. now there are so many asterisks by his name that even if he goes undefeated, that whole record is overshadowed by everything...especially the PEDS.

and in second place, a similar case can be made for Connor Mcgregor.

How could you not even think to put the most obvious one: LUCIFER?? :rolleyes:

Falling from Grace was his thing

Sherdog.

The "new" forum layout looks like a boxing forum I used to post at in 2003.
Was called "Wetside boxing" (Or maybe it was "East" I can't remeber chit)?

Tj dillashaw

Tyron's pretty bad though. Seemed as much mental as it was physical

Out of those I would vote for Anderson.

But voted for other, Renan Barão.

BJ went from being ranked number one in 2 weight classes simultaneously to being knocked out by some bum in the streets.

I think this probably goes to Silva, went from being GOAT contender to unable to beat anyone.

Penn had a pretty brutal down fall too.

Ferguson (although not done yet), Liddell, Weidman, Woodley, and I’m sure I’m missing some others.

Who do you think had the worst downfall from grace in mma?

Your poll is missing Conor and Ronda lmfao...

None of these people crashed and fell harder than those two ...

Everyone gets old... Those two lost while young and spiraled into madness lol

BJ he was a two division champ.

@Wong_Irish

OP is douche.

1 - it's "fall" from grace, not downfall. Stupid illiterate cunt.

2 - Martial artists develop graceful defense and graceful attacks, but do not seek to achieve grace from a god or a people through combat. If you can't fight to grace by winning contests, then you can't fall from grace by losing them. Competitive losses are lessons, not failures.

Sherdoggie needs a stupid filter. There are way too many stupid posts on this forum.

OP: shutup douche.

Nah, they definitely fight for grace and losses are failures that destroy lives rather than lessons.

Your poll is missing Conor and Ronda lmfao...

None of these people crashed and fell harder than those two ...

Everyone gets old... Those two lost while young and spiraled into madness lol
Everyone gets old but not all old people go on 7 fight losing skids before calling it quits.

Dc was old, GSP was old, both retired gracefully.

Ronda had 2 losses and called it quits before racking up more, could have turned into BJ Penn but was able to walk away from the sport.

Conor’s story ain’t finished but 2 losses to Poirier is hardly a fall into oblivion.

No "Cro Cop" in the poll? Really?

That guy went from killer to easy prey, who looked terrified in every fight he had after Gonzaga(half of which he got brutally KO'd). That was tough to watch. I was riding that guy's nuts so hard, I could smell his pubic hair. Talkin' mad shit to all my work buddies about how he could easily destroy the entire UFC. He did no favors to my Monday mornings...

Penn looked like a bum in the end. Silva was always competitive, even against Izzy, Bisping, Brunson... The only time he was soundly dominated was a short notice fight with DC.
DC was a legit HW, who had never lost round at HW at that point.

Silva was a MW in the twilight of his career that took the fight on short notice and went to a decision.

This seems to be more of an example than the others to me.
Cody Garbrandt is another good example. His chin expired when he was still young and hasn’t been remotely the same since.

Reactions: Yep
Back