Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight?

Knowing it's fake most of the time TS, indeed we don't need that shit

Real rivalries where 2 guys genuinely hate each other are very rare.

Leave the fake bullshit to the WWE

Don't need it at all. Made the build up fun, sure but ever since the leprechaun came in I've grown tired of it.

”these guys really hate each other”..

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo. I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.

I agree.

Totally sick of it.
The preference to it hampers the best fights from happening.

I am a realist. I dont "need" there to be heat,but its going to happen,wether i like it or not,and sometimes the hate is absolutley exhilirating,and makes for high stakes emotional fight watching,spilled beers,and screaming at the tv. If you aint ALL IN with MMA like that,I cant fuck with youse.

Its for the casuals tho. Hardcore fans will still tune in. Fury and Wilder are good buddies in real life but they just acted like they had beef.

The mere presence of truly great fighters makes words unnecessary.

117869693.0.jpg

I find it more impressive when two respectful competitors enter the cage and then proceed to smash each other faces off. I can enjoy the shittalk as a performance on its own sometimes, but I'd much rather do without it completely then suffer through the inferior wannabeconna stuff.

Bro I'm so sick of drama thats why Im on sherdog posting thousands of times and watch every press conference then comment on every little thing.

I do not need fake beef. But true mental warfare makes things really intresting, like what Conor did to Aldo.

”these guys really hate each other”..

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo. I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.

I agree I want to see my favorite cage fighters hug and give eachother compliments at weigh ins and the press conferences. - This Message Brought to You by Gillette

images

Chris Lytle made a comment recently in an interview:

Q. What do you make of modern day MMA? It’s kind of like the Conor McGregor era with a lot of guys being over the top with the trash talk. Does that feel like a change to you?

A. It wasn’t like that, especially early. Nobody really had the foresight to try and do that because there [were] no media outlets. Nobody would have known what you were talking about. You wouldn’t have gotten paid all this money to do it; you just would have been a prick. I understand why people do it now because it does pay off to do it. At the same time, I'm glad I wasn’t around when that was going on because it would have bothered me...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...ern-day-mma-bare-knuckle-boxing-cancun-mexico

What. I love it and connie and chael's antice were almost better than their fights. How can personal dislike for someone your going to fight not be more interesting.

I don't need bad blood, but when I feel it's legitimate (usually not) it does add some excitement.

it's boring and there's too many fights, imagine every fight with trashtalk, lol;
UFC is circus now, more than real sport. It's not real sport when fighters don't fight even once per year.
Cejudo went full retard.

Don't try telling me you didn't get pumped hearing Fedor cursing out Cro Cop as he watched him kick his brothers ass

Cro cop beating Aleks added an interesting dimension to the fight but I definitely didn't need that to be excited for it.

I like the smug attitude, the "whatever dude I'm better than you, I have better looks, fck better girls, just whatever" You know, the kinda feeling you get with AO and cockhold

Back