Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight?

I don't like trash talk at all. My favourite fighters are Fedor, Shogun, Maia, guys like that. Who never talk trash.

If you don't watch the build up to fights, such as press conferences, media scrums, interviews, documentaries, twitter talk and the small drama details, that's alright. I just think you get more out of it all when you do. An emotional connection to a fighter through their personality, genuine or fake, makes the experience more enjoyable, in my opinion. You might see cocky arrogant fighters humbled, or the respectful fighters have a long way to the belt, such as Khabib. It's truly part show and part sport for me, and it's just one of the reasons why MMA is the greatest sport in the world and i don't care about other sports, like Football.

I just like the fights and have always loved the respectful and stoic approach of martial arts. Definitely don’t care about the bad blood and drama - particularly the manufactured horseshit.

That was not the answer to this threads question.. obviously it’s part of the business model...

You asked "Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight? The answer is...relatively very few people.

It's obvious why a lot of people do care if fighters hate each other...because it builds the excitement of the match/sport. TV execs know this and it definitely isn't discouraged to have some type of narrative/story-line leading up to fights. People will never not watch UFC because of too much trash talk/bad blood.

”these guys really hate each other”..

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo. I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.

the best fights for me are where i like both guys, cos then whoever wins i dont have to feel butthurt. iaquinta vs lee was like that for me and i really enjoyed it

dc is probably my favourite fighter and it just means i hate watching him fight, worrying he'll get fucked up by rumble or stipe or whatever mythical beast they put him in there against

Most trash talk is pure cringe. Boxers used to be masterful at it but then it died and I've yet to see a mma fighter do it well.

The trash talk at the pre fight presser got me very hyped for Cowby vs Hernandez, it works.

don't need it, but if it's real like Tj vs Cody 2 then it makes it all the better

Gsp sold fights based on his skill. Its hilarious how fighters have to jump through hoops to sell fights and he just has to show up and win. Dude sold close to a million with struve and mccorckle as the co main.
GOAT

Agreed. If you need help getting hyped to watch two guys fight in a cage, then maybe pro wrestling is more your thing, go listen to their lines.

Fights are way better when the two guys hate each other

After the letdown of Rampage vs Rashad, I think the appeal of fake "grudge matches" fully died for me. Fighters should also realize that "trash talking" doesn't equal personality. Personality sells tickets... trash talk only does on special occasions.

I don’t need it. I enjoy it when there is legitimately bad blood there. Not so much the fake nonsense. I did think Chael was funny though

its the fight game mentality.

its overdone for sure.

there was no bad blood between romero and bobby knucklez or ortega and holloway and those were the two best fights last year.

I don’t need it. I enjoy it when there is legitimately bad blood there. Not so much the fake nonsense. I did think Chael was funny though
but these days its so hard to tell what is legit and what is scripted.

so it just seems a moot point.

Not at all hence my favs are Fedor and Whittaker. But I will say when it comes around as genuine like Jones/DC it does add excitement because you can tell its real.

I’m not a huge liker of the drama some people are such fans of. If guys honestly hate eachother then fine. But I’m not into manufactured beefs designed to sell a fight. If I needed that I’d just watch the WWE instead.

ok one fight that had awesome thrash talk was brock vs mir 2 and ufc 100.

that had a epic leadup and the fight was beautiful to watch!

Back