Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight?

But it made things more interesting seeing how pissed Fedor was. Don't pretend to be above liking trash talk and drama

Read the thread title. I don't need trash talking and drama. If it's there and it's genuine then sure that can help, but it's not needed.

Q- Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight?

A- MMA fans

If it's real like DC/Jones or just witty banter a la Chael and Bisping then it's fine but most of the time I dislike it.

”these guys really hate each other”..

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo. I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.
I have it the same. TBH, I wish there were no press coferences before the fight. I'm interested in the fighting skills, not who can scream loudest or can insult someone with low class shit. I like post fight conference to hear about the fighters view of the fights. Also to me, there is no such thing as a "great" trash talker. All you have to do is talk as nasty as possible about the other fighter, his country, family...etc and many idiots will love you and call you smart..

I don't now but I matured a lot during my tenure as a fan. I must admit that bad blood and hype was the kind of shit that attracted me to this originally. I can't deny bad blood is an amazing marketing gimmick, at least here in the US.

Basically I don't need it, but I understand why the company does it, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it.

Please - there are more fighters than not that don't need any xtra things said or done. It's the fight game and should be expected .
Silly

Im fine with no beef as long as they aren't dry humping and high fiving between rounds and during the fight.

It makes the stakes go higher, so of course it's a huge deal.

Only if it's real like DC and Jones for instance

Rivalries are always fun to watch.... but you either need to be clever and quick with it (Chael/Conor) and not cringe worthy (Colby) or it needs to be a genuine dislike of eachother like (Lesnar/Mir or Jones/DC) ...every situation is different, but I also appreciate more humble/quieter fighters, too like GSP, Fedor or Cro Cop

maybe if its funny. but i don't like it when it gets to dark.

The only thing it does for me is, i start routing against arsehole trash talkers .. I wanna see them get ko'd horribly ..

Ala Conor, Jones, Colby etc etc

Back