Who else doesn’t need “bad blood” and trash talk before a fight?

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
”these guys really hate each other”..

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo. I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.

Edit: I thought you meant fighters.

I sure as hell don't need it. My favorite fighters never engage in it.

Last edited:
The biggest ppv in MMA history was built off a goat being slapped and a Dolley being thrown
Anyway most people don’t want to see to guys who are licking each other’s asses fight
Doesn’t mean you have to shit talk but being like Hernandez and spitting facts is fine
I’ll watch either way

Depends on the fighter. Not getting hyped for a Colby fight with no trash talk. Guys like Cerrone, Barboza, Gaethje, Santos, Romero don't need trash talk because the fights are guarunteed fireworks.

I dont need bad blood but some trash talk can be appreciated... Even if i wasnt a chael fan or a bisping fan god damn they were hillarious.

I don't need it but it makes the build up more fun.

It's part of the business model of selling a "combat" sport. Anything to help sell the fight more.

Depends on the fighter. Not getting hyped for a Colby fight with no trash talk. Guys like Cerrone, Barboza, Gaethje, Santos, Romero don't need trash talk because the fights are guarunteed fireworks.
If you don’t get hyped for a Colby fight without trash talk you simply don’t like Colby’s fighting style. For me it depends on the opponents fighting style. I like the matchups or I don’t.

It's part of the business model of selling a "combat" sport. Anything to help sell the fight more.
That was not the answer to this threads question.. obviously it’s part of the business model...

UFC made a mess out of rankings and title shots.

I could very well do without the entertaining aspect if it was structured more as a real sport.

But otherwise I need a reminder that it's just a circus.

Who cares? I don’t need beef and especially not fake beef like cowboy and Alex started at the press con. I’d be the same level of excited about that fight if they just showed real respect instead of fake beef.

I think the Conor era of screaming at each other at press conferences is over for me. When guys started copying Conor it really got dull to me. Now I just want to see exciting match ups, I don’t care about their trash talk.
Don't need it at all. None of Frankie's fights have trash talk and there great. That being said, it does help.

Edit: Case in point. I was already excited to see Alex and Cowboy. But now Alex has gone FULL heel. It's kinda forced and even corny, but DAYUMM, it just made the fight SO much more interesting.

Last edited:
It's for the marks. I can still enjoy it if it's artful, but I'm never going to really buy it.

I am also not a “fan” of any fighter, sure I have favorite fighters, but I am not crushed if they got Ktfo.
I'd say most of could probably care less about the drama, though it can be entertaining in small doses totally not necessary

”I remember when I was younger and saw wanderlei knocked out against hendo or fedor getting subbed by werdum, I felt bad. I was sad and shit. Now I really don’t care anymore, I just want to see exciting fights because I’m a fight fan.
Bless your heart, young man.

I don't mind trash talk when it is genuine. Shogun vs Machida 1 was a great fight and I was rooting for Shogun as I found Machida to be boring with his "Elusiveness". The rematch was one which I was extremely hyped up to see but there was not Fake sh!t talking between the two. I don't care about the PPV sales numbers. I actually thought Conor vs Diaz 2 to be a pretty lame fight with nothing real on the line. I have heard it referred to as a great fight but I don't think it was.

I don’t but I’ll admit it makes some fights more interesting when there’s a genuine dislike between two fighters. That’s how rivalries are made.
Chuck vs Tito
Mir vs Lesnar
Jones vs DC
TJ vs Garbrandt
Nate vs Conor
Silva vs Chael
These were all huge because there was bad blood between the fighters. The manufactured hate fake pushing and shoving is the stuff I can do without.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back