Who do you want to see Jon Jones fight next? Gusta or DC?

Please articulate why having a rematch which took place less than a year ago for a 29 year old Gustafsson makes more sense than a fight with a undefeated 35 year old Cormier?

1)

50223_547031_369207576544627_2013445558_n.png

2)

Jon himself wants DC which tells you all you need to know.

3)

DC is too slow.

And if you want Jones to face a wrestler who can toss a guy why not dust off Randleman or Rampage and let them have a go? I could find you a bunch of gifs of Alex and Jon ragdolling guys just as effortlessly but most wont do this in a fight since it burns a ton of energy.

And even if DC closes the distance Jon will get the underhooks and now you've got a slow, short guy with a shorter reach than Rashad trying to get a TD on the divs best greco with Jon's arms firmly planted in his armpits; manipulating his short body as he sees fit with his height and leverage. Alex was able to nullify much of this thanks to his own speed and height but we've seen what Jon has done to other guys that he's got this advantage on.

So I'm sorry, but no. Alex is our only hope and if he can't do it we're stuck with Jon for a long long time. I know I'm off the hate train and waving the white flag when or if Alex loses anyways.

I want to see THIS happenning again but with the PROPER Judge Scorecard THIS time :

810466736.gif

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

I wanna see a new challenger. Gus can wait he got a gift title shot with his best win being shogun and is being gifted a rematch after beating a guy not in the top ten. DC throttled Hendo who beat Gus's best win not once but twice

Gus deserved it way way more. But I would love to see DC fight Bones to end all this talk.

DC 1) it's a new opponent and 2) i think he might be a real problem for jones; 3) cormier doesn't have much time left, which jones and gus are 26-27...they're going to fight a couple more times!

but i'd be happy to see either guy.

1)

Jon himself wants DC which tells you all you need to know.

3)

DC is too slow.

And if you want Jones to face a wrestler who can toss a guy why not dust off Randleman or Rampage and let them have a go? I could find you a bunch of gifs of Alex and Jon ragdolling guys just as effortlessly but most wont do this in a fight since it burns a ton of energy.

And even if DC closes the distance Jon will get the underhooks and now you've got a slow, short guy with a shorter reach than Rashad trying to get a TD on the divs best greco with Jon's arms firmly planted in his armpits; manipulating his short body as he sees fit with his height and leverage. Alex was able to nullify much of this thanks to his own speed and height but we've seen what Jon has done to other guys that he's got this advantage on.

So I'm sorry, but no. Alex is our only hope and if he can't do it we're stuck with Jon for a long long time. I know I'm off the hate train and waving the white flag when or if Alex loses anyways.

It happened 8 and a half months ago for christ sake. Honestly...what is it with rematches and the UFC? They have no idea how to build these rematches up. They give Gustafsson a no name guy on Fight Pass an thats it?

Don't get me wrong, Gustafsson is a beast but I really hate rematches without build up when there was a clear winner in the first fight. Hand it to the UFC, they killed off Cain Dos Santos trilogy in less than 2 years.

If Jones is going to destroy DC, why not build up the Gustafsson fight more especially since DC is clearly heading into his upper 30's. If Gustafsson loses where the hell does he go? Up to hw?

edit* Gustafsson is 27 .....i thought he was 29. Well then its really ridiculous to pass up on Cormier. What is the rush for the Gustafsson fight?

who do I want? Both!
But Gus first IMO.
He has unfinished business.

I would love to see either, but voted DC mainly because I think Gus might beat Jones this time around, but I know DC would.

I get that if you're a Gus fan, you want to give him another chance. I think the best chance Gus has in a rematch is a 5 round LHW Bisping style split decision jab n' poke fest. DC on the other hand has the chance to make Jon look silly while not only throwing him around like a rag doll, but also knocking him on his ass with some hard hits.

Yup, I vote DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back