Who do you think won Will Brooks VS Michael Chandler?

I thought Chandler won. A draw wouldn't have surprised me. Brooks should have won via submission considering how many times Chandler gave up his back.

the fact you could even legitimately argue Chandler won that fight adds to the mountain of evidence that this scoring system absolutely sucks.

I agree it sucks but rules are the rules. 3-2 Chandler or 3-2 Chandler with Brooks with a 10-8 making it a draw.

Such a hard fight to score. I would say Chandler won rounds 1,2,5 but not by much where as Brooks won 3 arguably 10-8 and was pretty dominant again in 4.

I scored it a draw, but I had money on Brooks, so I bitch about the outcome.

I had it a draw. Can't see Brooks winning 3 rounds but he had Chandler in a baaaadd way in that 3rd round, I thought Chandler was done.

So yeah, 10-8 for the third. Fantastic fight. Chandler may be p4p the most entertaining fighter in the sport at this point.

He's not even the most exciting fighter in his weight class in bellator.

Fight should have been a draw

9-10
9-10
10-8
10-9
9-10

That being said, Chandler deserved to lose, he looked terrible compared to his previous fights. I think he's a bit too cocky at this point, he was already looking past Will to Eddie. In a rematch Chandler wins IMO.

how can you dumb motherfuckers give brooks the 5th

This. I even bet on Brooks but this is the clearest draw since Maynard-Edgar II

1 - 10-9 Chandler
2 - 10-9 Chandler
3 - 10-8 Brooks
4 - 10-9 Brooks
5 - 10-9 Chandler

Pretty cut and dry IMO.

I had it a draw with chandler winning 1,2, and 5 and brooks 3(10-8 IMO) and 4 idk how anyone honestly could see brooks winning 3 round...I thought it was pretty clear who one each. Either a draw or chandler wins 3-2 depending on how you judge the 3rd.

I had Chandler winning a close one. A draw would've been okay, too. Brooks winning was not cool.

Really ugly fight. Chandler's words post fight rung true that it was his worst performance, but he still won 3 rounds. I had it a draw, 47-47.

I scored it a draw but without the 10-8 I gave , Chandler would win. I think it's pretty ridiculous to say Brooks won the fifth.

I thought Chandler won the final round which was decisive. However it comes down to how you scored the third round 10-8 or 10-9; I personally scored the third round 10-9 since it's a very rare thing for MMA judges to score a round 10-9. However you put it, it would've still been a draw so I was kind of shocked when Brooks was announced as the winner.

surprized that Brooks has more votes than Chandler.

and also surprized that draw is not running away with this. Seems so obvious to me.

Brooks did not win that fight. Watching the fight back I think you can even make a case for Chandler winning the fourth round as well, or at least getting a 10-10. Brooks had his back briefly twice, but landed no strikes and wasn't close to getting a submission. Other than that Chandler won the round big despite eating a blatantly illegal knee that should have cost Brooks a point.

Brooks did not win that fight. Watching the fight back I think you can even make a case for Chandler winning the fourth round as well, or at least getting a 10-10. Brooks had his back briefly twice, but landed no strikes and wasn't close to getting a submission. Other than that Chandler won the round big despite eating a blatantly illegal knee that should have cost Brooks a point.

4th round was brooks round MUCH more clearly than RD 5 being Chandlers....

Round 4 is not debatable for Brooks

Round 5 I had Chandler but it is debatable.

4th round was brooks round MUCH more clearly than RD 5 being Chandlers....

Round 4 is not debatable for Brooks

Round 5 I had Chandler but it is debatable.
The fourth round was very competitive, the only way you could possibly say it wasn't debatable is if you're giving WAY too much credit to two brief periods of back control that didn't lead to anything. Chandler actually made better use of the position the first time by getting a reversal and then maintaining top control for nearly two minutes.

Bn5DBVVCMAAPThC.jpg

love the change from 10-9 to 10-8

wonder if the judge wrote down his score before the round was close to over, and then after the 2 minutes of getting shit kicked rethought his choice

Was a definite draw for me

RD1 - 10-9 Channy
RD2 - 10-9 Channy
RD3 - 10-8 Brooks
RD4 - 10-9 Brooks
RD5 - 10-9 Channy

knockdown and near sub towards end of round 5 sealed it for Chandler for me

Back