Who do you think won Will Brooks VS Michael Chandler?

Brooks 3-2.

He had a 10-8 third, won the fourth and won the fifth. Chandler didn't do shit in the fifth outside of that last minute. He lost that entire fifth sans 60 seconds.

This 100%! Chandler did absolutely nothing until the last 30 seconds of the 5th round. In the 5th round chandler had most of his TD stuffed, got punched/kicked in the face, and was defensive for 4 1/2 min of the round. I didn't think the last 30 sec won him the round.

I thought brooks won but could deal with a draw. the third rd was a textbook 10-8 rd imo. I don't see how anyone could have had chandler winning

I agree with the judge that had round 3 as 10-8. And I thought round 5 was 10-10.

Wow, some of you actually gave Brooks the 5th round hahaha.

By my own criteria, I could watch that fight 1000x and i think i would score it a draw every time.

Will Brooks wanted the win more and it showed. Chandler was happy to cuddle his way to a win and gassed early.

But this is MMA where the losing fighters supporters in a close fight go full retard and dub it a robbery. No its just a close fight that can go either way.

look how close this poll is.

Evidence of a close fight and the fact that if the judges gave Chandler the win we'd still get robbery claims from MMA fans who dont know what a robbery is.

Didn't see it live but were people really giving Chandler the 5th just based on this small spurt?

Michael_Chandler_vs._Will_Brooks_5.gif

Only a few clean punches landed there. I don't think Will was really as hurt as it seemed.

Brooks won easily. You don't take someone's back over and over and over and over and lose a fight, sorry. 49-46 Brooks. Chandler took the first via LnP, Brooks won the next four rounds.

I take it you missed Ben Henderson vs. Josh Thomson?

Last edited:
Didn't see it live but were people really giving Chandler the 5th just based on this small spurt?

Michael_Chandler_vs._Will_Brooks_5.gif

Only a few clean punches landed there. I don't think Will was really as hurt as it seemed.

I take it you missed Ben Henderson vs. Josh Thomson?

What exactly did Brooks do to seal the 5th round? It was mostly just back and forth grappling the whole round until that moment.

What exactly did Brooks do to seal the 5th round? It was mostly just back and forth grappling the whole round until that moment.

Did Brooks not get Chandler's back a couple times every single round he won?

Draw due to 10-8 round for Brooks

Brooks got Chandlers back twice in the fifth, plus a huge throw.

48-46 Ill Will

I had it a draw. Can't see Brooks winning 3 rounds but he had Chandler in a baaaadd way in that 3rd round, I thought Chandler was done.

So yeah, 10-8 for the third. Fantastic fight. Chandler may be p4p the most entertaining fighter in the sport at this point.

Brooks 3-2.

He had a 10-8 third, won the fourth and won the fifth. Chandler didn't do shit in the fifth outside of that last minute. He lost that entire fifth sans 60 seconds.

Still think I'm crazy for saying Brooks had a shot?

I found it laughable how all three judges got it wrong, although if Brooks didn't take Chandler down after those head kicks he had a strong chance of finishing Chandler before the final horn of the 3rd. Chandler has only himself to blame with those predictable escape attempts and inconsistent activity level from the top position.

R1: 10-9 Chandler
R2: 10-9 Chandler
R3: 10-8 Brooks
R4: 10-9 Brooks
R5: 10-9 Chandler

A 47-47 draw.

Draw.

Chandler/Chandler/Brooks 10-8/Brooks/Chandler

Will Brooks winning the fifth is insane

Giving him a 10-8 3rd I can definitely understand but no way in hell did he win the fifth

Brooks pulled it off!

Back