Who do you rate higher: Marciano or Tyson?

Pick One

• Total voters
Tyson was definitely better.

At rape

I doubt that he raped that chick though... She was known for lying around, Don King picked shit lawyers for whatever reason, and the jury - consisting of white average americans - saw what they wanted to see: A bad boy from the ghetto that wrecks males and rapes females.

Somehow I got this strange feeling that certain people picking Marciano over Tyson here, has to do with that trial and Mike being an ex-con.

Somehow I got this strange feeling t
That we here are in some extent enforced to worship Mike and be comfortable with MUST HAWE opinion here?

Mikes best career achievment was to KO almost 40 years old out of prime Holmes…. 17 years older than he was.
With not that old dads he didn't had that success<45>…..

Legacy less than even from Holmes.
Prime short, only Morrison had shorter prime than Mike. :D

Mike starting with 1990 was mediocre boy….

Charles was the only great fighter he beat that wasn't pushing 40yo, and he was robbed in their last fight.

Old farts Walcott and Moorer both nearly knocked Marciano out.
That was Walcott at his peak though, despite the age.

Most consider that 1st Rocky fight as Walcott's greatest performance. Certainly the best i can find of him.

That we here are in some extent enforced to worship Mike and be comfortable with MUST HAWE opinion here?

Mikes best career achievment was to KO almost 40 years old out of prime Holmes…. 17 years older than he was.
With not that old dads he didn't had that success<45>…..

Legacy less than even from Holmes.
Prime short, only Morrison had shorter prime than Mike. :D

Mike starting with 1990 was mediocre boy….

It's funny that you say Holmes was out of his Prime in this context - didn't Joe Louis, Ezzard Charles, Walcott and Archie Moore have their best days behind them when Marciano beat them? Who did he beat in his first 42 fights though?

And yes, Holmes was 39. But he was even older when he gave Holyfield, McCall & Mercer tough fights. The same McCall that that knocked out Lennox Lewis. The same Mercer that gave Lennox Lewis trouble. And Holyfield in his late 30s gave Lennox Lewis a hard rematch.

It's funny that you say Holmes was out of his Prime
Yes, he was 39 years old and Mike was 22.

Maybe you will count if this doesn't disturb you, also Holmes won against seriously ill, out of prime Ali as " achievment "?
Even prime Liston easily was able to KO or TKO boys like Mike.
Only male, that was able to KO Liston and continue career in ring was Ali in his prime.
Other guy that KOed Liston newer competed after this bout.
Most likely prime Liston was able to do the same with 24 years old Mike.
Douglas KOed Iron Mike when GOAT was 24 years old and
Holyfield
that was only 4 years older than Mike put Mike on his true GOAT's place TWICE.

Last edited:
It's funny that you say Holmes was out of his Prime in this context - didn't Joe Louis, Ezzard Charles, Walcott and Archie Moore have their best days behind them when Marciano beat them? Who did he beat in his first 42 fights though?

And yes, Holmes was 39. But he was even older when he gave Holyfield, McCall & Mercer tough fights. The same McCall that that knocked out Lennox Lewis. The same Mercer that gave Lennox Lewis trouble. And Holyfield in his late 30s gave Lennox Lewis a hard rematch.
Yup. Holmes had PLEEEEEENTY left when Tyson wrecked him. People forget McCall was a terrible matchup for Lewis, a chin that wouldn't break and ability to one shot KO Lewis like in first fight... It took Lewis almost 5 rounds to get the ref to stop a fight where McCall was literally walking around with his hands down sobbing in the ring, yet Holmes almost (and in they eyes of many) beat McCall. Frank Bruno did beat McCall. Maybe we should ignore how Tyson stopped him too, and just pretend every Tyson TKO or win was just a fluke. Tyson was amazing at one point. One of a kind killer.

Yes, he was 39 years old and Mike was 22.

Maybe you will count if this doesn't disturb you, also Holmes won against seriously ill, out of prime Ali as " achievment "?
Even prime Liston easily was able to KO or TKO boys like Mike.
Only male, that was able to KO Liston and continue career in ring was Ali in his prime.
Other guy that KOed Liston newer competed after this bout.
Most likely prime Liston was able to to the same with 24 years old Mike.
Douglas KOed Iron Mike when GOAT was 24 years old and
that was only 4 years older than Mike put Mike on his true GOAT's place TWICE.

What are you talking about? Get off the crack.

That was Walcott at his peak though, despite the age.

Most consider that 1st Rocky fight as Walcott's greatest performance. Certainly the best i can find of him.
have to disagree on that one. i think his best performance was when he lost a disputed decision to louis or when he ko'ed charles. i agree that it was a great performance and walcott was close to his peak though.

have to disagree on that one. i think his best performance was when he lost a disputed decision to louis or when he ko'ed charles. i agree that it was a great performance and walcott was close to his peak though.
The Charles ko was pretty good, perhaps my top 3 or 4 favorite ko's ever. B
ut nobody ever Uncle'd Marciano like that.

If it was a modern 12 rounder Walcott would have won by 5 points at least.

He was absolutely electric that night.

Not a bad discussion for a Tyson discussion.

Tyson if were talking a matchup, and he would eat Rocky alive.

The biggest fighter ever against a spoiled Brooklyn brat who bails out of matches when things aren't going his way. Yeah, sounds reasonable

Back