Who do you rate higher: Marciano or Tyson?

Pick One

• Total voters
Theres footage of him saying he wanted no part of Tyson. Yet youre telling me what he actually meant by those words.

Ill go by what someone says and not what I think they meant. You feel free to interpret however youd like.

Because he was OOOOld

And there's plenty of footage of both Foreman and Tyson talking about a potential match

I doubt that he raped that chick though... She was known for lying around, Don King picked shit lawyers for whatever reason, and the jury - consisting of white average americans - saw what they wanted to see: A bad boy from the ghetto that wrecks males and rapes females.

Somehow I got this strange feeling that certain people picking Marciano over Tyson here, has to do with that trial and Mike being an ex-con.

Prolly not but Tyson admitted to raping plenty of women he never got charged with so who cares.

No clue, I watched around the time it came out which was many years ago.

I'm watching it now and he's absolutely not saying that. As a matter of fact he's saying the opposite: He says he took advantage of women, but he'd never do something to that extent.

I guess you understood that he raped plenty of women, because you wanted to understand it.

Last edited:
I'm watching it now and he's absolutely not saying that. As a matter of fact he's saying the opposite: He says he took advantage of women, but he'd never something to that extent.

I guess you understood that he raped plenty of women, because you wanted to understand it.
I too am skeptical Tyson ever raped anyone.

That's why he lost it when this prick called him a convicted rapist;

Like I said, Tyson post career spent time being treated like a TMZ running joke, he only showed up in news when someone antagonized him on street, he was labelled like an animal, but not that he's a happy pothead he is suddenly being embraced as a figure again. People feared him and waited to call him a washed up boxer when his best was behind him, he could never live up the expectations he set when he was great.

Only if they fought during Tyson’s two year prime though.
Well we know that wouldnt happen as Rocky didnt fight anyone during their prime.

I can play along with the shitting on resume game.

The biggest fighter ever against a spoiled Brooklyn brat who bails out of matches when things aren't going his way. Yeah, sounds reasonable
What a strange description of Tyson. A spoiled brat? Do you have any idea what his child hood consisted of?

Lets actually discuss it though. Rocky was tough as fucking nails and managed to take some ass beatings and outlast his opponents. Tyson did have some breakdowns when he couldnt get them out of there. He was also one of, if not the most devastating fighter in history.. How does Rocky slow down or stop Tysons onslaught? How does Rocky not get battered to the point of no return before hes able to wear down and outlast Tyson? Certainly you dont think Rocky gets Tyson out early do you?

Rocky had the mental game and could crack, but Tysons physicality and gifts are an epically bad matchup for a small guy batting out of his weight class. Tyson would absolutely maul him imho.

I got to go Marciano, he didn't lose. Maybe he didn't face as good competition as Tyson, hard to say.

What a strange description of Tyson. A spoiled brat? Do you have any idea what his child hood consisted of?

Lets actually discuss it though. Rocky was tough as fucking nails and managed to take some ass beatings and outlast his opponents. Tyson did have some breakdowns when he couldnt get them out of there. He was also one of, if not the most devastating fighter in history.. How does Rocky slow down or stop Tysons onslaught? How does Rocky not get battered to the point of no return before hes able to wear down and outlast Tyson? Certainly you dont think Rocky gets Tyson out early do you?

Rocky had the mental game and could crack, but Tysons physicality and gifts are an epically bad matchup for a small guy batting out of his weight class. Tyson would absolutely maul him imho.

Tyson got spoiled by his own talents and living under Cus who praised him daily. His fights against Holyfield weren't even close. He lost every round against Buster Douglas except the one he scored a knockdown in. How is he the most ferocious? His lowest level is not good enough to compete against the likes of Marciano with his relentless pressure.

What active, great fighter who came to fight did he beat? Do you think Tyrell Biggs and Trevor Berbick are greats? Spinks took the paycheck, Holmes wasn't even an active fighter and had less than 6 months to get back into shape, which he failed. Marciano had a war against Ezzard Charles, one of the great boxers of all time, while he was an active fighter (unlike Holmes).

Small guy battling out of his weight class? Sounds like you’re describing Evander Holyfield? Tyson was sure an especially bad matchup for him. But wait he wasn’t in his mythical two year prime when they fought so it doesn’t count.

His best opponent at the time he beat him, was miles better than Tyson's.

Who do you consider Marciano and Tyson's best opponents? Joe Louis on rep but he was past it when they fought, maybe Charles or Walcott but I think they probably were past their peak at the time too.

Tyson's best opponents Lewis or Holyfield I guess? Best fighters he beat probably Spinks or Larry Holmes?

Tyson got spoiled by his own talents and living under Cus who praised him daily. His fights against Holyfield weren't even close. He lost every round against Buster Douglas except the one he scored a knockdown in. How is he the most ferocious? His lowest level is not good enough to compete against the likes of Marciano with his relentless pressure.

What active, great fighter who came to fight did he beat? Do you think Tyrell Biggs and Trevor Berbick are greats? Spinks took the paycheck, Holmes wasn't even an active fighter and had less than 6 months to get back into shape, which he failed. Marciano had a war against Ezzard Charles, one of the great boxers of all time, while he was an active fighter (unlike Holmes).
That is absolutely absurd. The guy lived through conditions most people cant even fathom.

Were going to shit on Tyson for who he fought/when he fought them while pumping up Rocky? Lmao. Hypocritical to say the very least.
Small guy battling out of his weight class? Sounds like you’re describing Evander Holyfield? Tyson was sure an especially bad matchup for him. But wait he wasn’t in his mythical two year prime when they fought so it doesn’t count.
Holyfield looks like a comic book character next to Rocky. What the hell are you talking about? Holyfield would beat the shit out of Rocky also btw.

Back