Who Crossfits?

Duh, bro. Of course it means they are highly effective! What you probably meant is does their high profitability mean that they are maximizing their clients benefits? In the case of Mikey D's yes. They do not trick anyone into thinking they are selling health food. As for Planet Fitness (I've never seen one) but clearly if what you say is true, they are doing their clients a dis-service.

And, that was a marketing tip? Clearly you're ready to give lectures alongside Tony Robbins

PS: You sound bitter. Maybe your business needs a clown, salty food, and a dollar menu?:eek:

McDonalds does try to trick people into thinking they are selling health food.

13.jpeg

any of you guys getting bulky on it? I don't know why but I've put on about 15 pounds this month after starting crossfit

Last post for the night... I think it really depends on what your goals are and high highly you prioritize one attribute over another. No reason not to accomplish that goal or do some periodization and then come back to CF for a continuing development across multiple energy systems and overall athletic ability.

I think fighters generally tend to begin to drift one way or another to far in their training. In not only styles practicing too much bjj over wrestling or too much power or power-endurance or strength. CF is not the holy grail, but I feel it keeps you very athletic and not defiecient in any one area. As a fighter I would rather have a 6:00 mile and be able to go right to a bench 235x10 followed immedieatly by 15 pullups than have a 5:45 minute mile and be able to only do 175x10 bench and 6 pullups. CF won't make you a master of one skill set but a jack of all. I still feel it's very compatible for combat sports

I can see that

I used to be all about the fitness. Long working rounds, hard sessions. Then I become obsessed with being stronger and my conditioning work lapsed. It didn't take long for me to just do sprint work and pads.

Knowing you have a problem is the first step :icon_cry2

it works great for MMA and all sports that require a LARGE level of General Physical Preparedness. I don't feel that Crossfit is good for Football, Track etc... as there is too much emphasis on only the shortest term energy system and extra body weight can often be considered beneficial for sports like football. However, for MMA, wrestling and sports that have a similliar energy system requirements and especially those that reward strength per pound of body weight.... I think it's the best.

there can be no doubt that crossfit is fucking awesome preparation for mma, wrestling, bjj, submission grappling. particularly if you already have a good foundation in strength training, and particularly if you have a good affiliate that doesnt necessarily follow WOD's either

rope climbing, sled pulling, tyre flipping, sledge hammers, heavy squats, heavy deadlifts - this is mma training 101

CrossFit'er here. Opening a gym in Orange, CA if any of you are local. Hit me up!

Ryan

Back