Who Can Take TJ Dillashaw Seriously as BW Champ Now?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I sure as hell cant. TJ needs to fight cejudo at 135 to prove he's still BW champ.

If TJ fights the winner of Marlon vs Assuncao I cant take that seriously as a championship fight. TJ is a paper champ until he fighs Cejudo at 135.

Last edited:
Everyone should, the guy is a beast at 135. You will see.

He is still a stud and the best 135er. He lost to someone in their weight division. Can Cejudo beat him at 135 though when TJ aint drained and the refs dont stop the fight too early?

Cody Garbrandt probably still takes him seriously.

He is still a stud and the best 135er. He lost to someone in their weight division. Can Cejudo beat him at 135 though when TJ aint drained and the refs dont stop the fight too early?

if he cant then TJ proves he's still champ if he can they Cejudo is the new king.

Cejudo looked so damn powerful and fast.

With all the stoppage controvacy it seems people aren’t talking about how weak and depleated TJ looked and how easily he was dropped.
HC pushes him to the floor like nothing.
Dropping so much weight was error of hubris by TJ

He has undisputed BW belt and still a sherdogger cries about that,what else he should do???To beat 3 HW s at the same time???

TJ need to fight a real 135 fight not rematches against a guy he’s beaten before or a short notice replacement....

A real 135 contender. Last time he actually fought one he lost his belt
<{1-8}>

giphy.gif

> Dominates Barao x2
> Knocks out Cody x2
> Neutralises Linekar
> UD Assuncao

Sherdogger: "TJ dillashaw is a paper champ"

1525266236869s.jpg

> Dominates Barao x2
> Knocks out Cody x2
> Neutralises Linekar
> UD Assuncao

Sherdogger: "TJ dillashaw is a paper champ"

1525266236869s.jpg

We only remember him for the Dodson and Cruz losses.

<BC1>

He lost outside his division, so on a rational level that doesn't impact his BW status. However, TS has a point and in general moving down a weight class and losing always reflects badly on you, regardless of BW considerations.

Last edited:
I don't think it was too early from the refs point of view. I mean tj face planted and went down how many times? It was one of those too close to call type things so I would have been okay either way if it was not stopped or if the ref let it go. Its a hard call to make when someone face plants in front of you and looks badly hurt. Tj just recovers very fast but he was def hurt bad. Many many fights have been on the verge like this one without question.

Between him moving down and getting flogged inside a minute by a Flyweight wrestler and Cruz coming off the couch to school him, no, I can't totally take him seriously.

He lost in a championship fight to a smaller guy, I can see why people are saying it.

5'11 GSP lost his title to 5'6 Matt Serra who is a cm shorter than Dillashaw lmao

Let Dillashaw attempt to avenge his loss like GSP did before we start calling him a paper champ.

He has undisputed BW belt and still a sherdogger cries about that,what else he should do???To beat 3 HW s at the same time???

Well... now you put in my head..
So yes I want to see TJ vs 3 HWs.

5'11 GSP lost his title to 5'6 Matt Serra who is a cm shorter than Dillashaw lmao

Let Dillashaw attempt to avenge his loss like GSP did before we start calling him a paper champ.

Hey Matt Serra is probably bigger than GSP off-season after a few lasagnas.

Back