Who Can Take TJ Dillashaw Seriously as BW Champ Now?

As happy as I was that Cejudo won, it's a reach to call TJ a "paper champ". He seemed very weak, the way Cejudo pushed him should tell you everything you need to know.
It's crazy how the majority of poster on this site are now claiming this - but right up until the fight the same guys were so sure this was easy money and that after he ran through Henry he'd move up and take out Max, Aldo, and Ortega at 145.

Reality and rational thinking built on hindsight is a funny thing.

It's crazy how the majority of poster on this site are now claiming this - but right up until the fight the same guys were so sure this was easy money and that after he ran through Henry he'd move up and take out Max, Aldo, and Ortega at 145.

Spot on. Consistency, eating crow sometimes...another thing that differentiates between men and boys :).

> Dominates Barao x2
> Knocks out Cody x2
> Neutralises Linekar
> UD Assuncao

Sherdogger: "TJ dillashaw is a paper champ"

1525266236869s.jpg

Pretty much this. The teeny boppers, and low IQ morons that populate Sherdog have the memory of a goldfish. Everything is based off the last fight.

All of a sudden Gillespie is super boring, even though almost every one of his fights were finished before the third round, and are quite action-filled, Cejudo is the new goat, despite several recent losses and super close split decision win against DJ,and TJ is paper champion, despite all his accomplishments.

Like I said low IQ morons with the memory of a goldfish.

Rewatch his fights with Cody Garbrandt, John Lineker, Raphael Assuncao, and Dominick Cruz.

> Dominates Barao x2
> Knocks out Cody x2
> Neutralises Linekar
> UD Assuncao

Sherdogger: "TJ dillashaw is a paper champ"

1525266236869s.jpg

And honestly you sold him a bit short. He demolished Lineker, that fight was a 30-25 at best for Lineker. Also completely outclassed Assuncao who beats every other BW he faces.

Lmao he is still the bw champ.

Tj lost fair and square. But people need to realize that its a real pain to drop 10 pounds at less than 10% bf. He looked lethargic, slow... It will take a toll on you. He needs to stay at bw and forget about moving down or up.

Id like to see a rematch at 135 now.
He did look like shit. Completely drained. Looked like a crackhead that aged 20 years. When he came in with that skinny little neck i knew he was getting Ktfo. He fucked up though destroyed his chances of a great legacy lol. Who the fuck moves down to fightht the smaller man? Even if he somehow won it it would mean absolutely nothing. Im sure Dj regrets not being the one to fuck him up

He has undisputed BW belt and still a sherdogger cries about that,what else he should do???To beat 3 HW s at the same time???

To be fair, he got it by defeating one guy twice in fights where, if memory serves, TJ was rocked and nearly out at points.

TS, don't be one of "those" fans who dismisses or marginalizes everything a fighter has done when they lose one fight.

TJ is proven at 135. He lost one fight at 125 to the guy who beat (kind of) the GOAT 125er. It's hardly a shameful loss for TJ.

In any case, I hope we do see Cejduo-TJ at 135 next. I think it is pathetic that TJ is asking for the rematch at 125.

As far as I am concerned TJ is a paper champion. While the unified rules define bantom weight as 125-135, I view the weightclass as 135 and below. Since TJ lost to someone who weighs less than 135 he is a paper champ.

I sure as hell cant. TJ needs to fight cejudo at 135 to prove he's still BW champ.

If TJ fights the winner of Marlon vs Assuncao I cant take that seriously as a championship fight. TJ is a paper champ until he fighs Cejudo at 135.
The question should be: who takes the need for a FW division seriously now?

If the FW champ can beat the BW champ (albeit at FW), then why do we even need a FW division?

This is like holloway making 135 looking like death getting destroyed and people saying hes a paper champ at 145 lol, I am not a dan of TJ outside of the cage, i think he is a complete douchbag but in the cage at 135 he is a legit beast.

Word. This place is full of mouth-breathers that know fuck-all about weight division sports, and it really shows.

Yeah. Calling him a paper champ. What an utter idiot someone has to be to pull that shit. The guy arguably beat Cruz, then beat the shit out of Cody. He looked liked death cutting weight, and obviously should not fight at 125. Props to him for trying, and pushing himself in that manner takes far more courage than being a little bitch-ass pudknocker shit-talking a professional fighter on the internet.

I sure as hell cant. TJ needs to fight cejudo at 135 to prove he's still BW champ.

If TJ fights the winner of Marlon vs Assuncao I cant take that seriously as a championship fight. TJ is a paper champ until he fighs Cejudo at 135.

I can.. He has his division.. Henry has his own too.. Everyone has there own lane.. Tj learned a hard lesson about why people usually move up when challenging for belts oppose to moving down.. No harm done to his 135 rep..hes champ till proven otherwise

Yeah this backfired beautifully for TJ and Dana lol

With all the stoppage controvacy it seems people aren’t talking about how weak and depleated TJ looked and how easily he was dropped.
HC pushes him to the floor like nothing.
Dropping so much weight was error of hubris by TJ

<YeahOKJen>

He lost because he looked to be in slow motion compared to Cejudo. It was evident in seconds Cejudo had an enormous speed advantage. TJ's always struggled when the speed advantage isn't his/is closer than he's used to, and this was by far the fastest opponent he's faced. He got repeatedly blasted because Cejudo was too fast for him to keep up with.

Stop trying to blame it on the weight cut.

All the ufc bantamweights he beat prob take him pretty seriously

This is why it was dumb to make the fight at 125lb, when the stated plan was 125 was being scrapped after this fight and Cejudo and TJ were both going to be in BW. The logical move would've been Cejudo moving up to try and capture the 135lb belt seeing as he was being forced to BW anyways. Having a title fight at 125 didn't make sense.

Dana just wanted TJ to be a double champ and so made a stupid call and it backfired horribly on them.

<YeahOKJen>

He lost because he looked to be in slow motion compared to Cejudo. It was evident in seconds Cejudo had an enormous speed advantage. TJ's always struggled when the speed advantage isn't his/is closer than he's used to, and this was by far the fastest opponent he's faced. He got repeatedly blasted because Cejudo was too fast for him to keep up with.

Stop trying to blame it on the weight cut.
Hey I’m no TJ fan, so am not trying to excuse anything. Cejudo looked great and may do the same at 135lbs (and id root for him) but if you’re really trying to tell me TJ didn’t looked really unhealthy at weigh ins and slow as the fight started you’re either blind or wilfully ignorant.

Wait, are you saying sherdoggers are bandwagon hypocrites?
<TheWire1>

Yeah moving down and then losing is generally a bad idea for both the fighter and the UFC. It isn't the same as moving up as champion and losing. You can use that as an excuse because *It isn't your weight class or some shit*. TJ won't ever live this down unless he rematches Henry.

So sad, he wanted to be a champ champ, not a chump champ, thems the breaks sometimes though.

Back