Who Can Take TJ Dillashaw Seriously as BW Champ Now?

With all the stoppage controvacy it seems people aren’t talking about how weak and depleated TJ looked and how easily he was dropped.
HC pushes him to the floor like nothing.
Dropping so much weight was error of hubris by TJ
This was my main takeaway from the fight. TJ looked very weak and the cut looked like it affected his balance. He shouldn't attempt 125 again imo.

I sure as hell cant. TJ needs to fight cejudo at 135 to prove he's still BW champ.

If TJ fights the winner of Marlon vs Assuncao I cant take that seriously as a championship fight. TJ is a paper champ until he fighs Cejudo at 135.

I want to be like that was 125 and doesn't mean anything at 135, but I can't. Champions don't go down a weight class to fight, and TJ showed us why. If you win, you were supposed to win. If you lose, you just lost to the smaller guy, let alone in 32 seconds. Was a risky gamble on TJ's part to have that Champ Champ branding.

Excuses excuses. TJ was already talking about being a 3 time champ. He overlooked Cejudo and thought he'd easily go down and beat up the smaller man.

5'11 GSP lost his title to 5'6 Matt Serra who is a cm shorter than Dillashaw lmao

Let Dillashaw attempt to avenge his loss like GSP did before we start calling him a paper champ.
If GSP had kept his belt after taking an L then people would have called him a paper champ.

His stock plummeted. That's for sure.

If Cejudo beats him at BW, then wow.

Excuses excuses. TJ was already talking about being a 3 time champ. He overlooked Cejudo and thought he'd easily go down and beat up the smaller man.

Cejudo said he was 146 lbs in the cage, so he was probably bigger than TJ. The smaller man got KO'd.

I picked Cejudo to upset TJ, but what happened yesterday is not representative of TJs ability. The way that played out was an anomaly. Either could win, and TJ is still arguably the best BW in the world.

5'11 GSP lost his title to 5'6 Matt Serra who is a cm shorter than Dillashaw lmao

Let Dillashaw attempt to avenge his loss like GSP did before we start calling him a paper champ.
The difference is when GSP lost to Serra, GSP lost his belt

As far as I’m concerned he is no longer a champ. You lose a fight as a champ you are no longer a champ. Sorry. Just like PED busts take you out of the GOAT discussion. These are hard and fast rules and are written in stone.

What is the logic there? He dropped weight (and looked sickly doing it). It is a lot harder to DROP weight below a weight you're already cutting at and do well..especially in your first fight in doing so. Let's be honest, if Cejudo was 146 in the cage, shouldn't he have come up in weight for this?

I sure as hell cant. TJ needs to fight cejudo at 135 to prove he's still BW champ.

If TJ fights the winner of Marlon vs Assuncao I cant take that seriously as a championship fight. TJ is a paper champ until he fighs Cejudo at 135.

Anyone who understands how a weight cut can negatively affect performance. Children who have never done shit probably have trouble with this.

He is still a stud and the best 135er. He lost to someone in their weight division. Can Cejudo beat him at 135 though when TJ aint drained and the refs dont stop the fight too early?
i wonder the same. i for one admit that i am a hater of henry and still cant accept how good he is now.

Me, because I understand weight classes. Each and every champ would probably lose to someone in other weight classes, but that doesn't make them less of a champ at their weight class.

I’d be worried if TJ did permanent damage to his body and mind with this awful decision He may have lost muscle he won’t get back. Who knows how this embarrassing loss will impact his confidence going forward. He may never be the same. Screwing with your weight can ruin fighters.

Assunaco, Dodson and DC all beat him at 135. Dodson finished him and he's barely in the top 10. Guy had a lot of cracks in his record already.

Cejudo is the 125 champ only loss that has nothing to do with 135.

Like it or not folks, he is objectively a DISPUTED champ now, Cejudo has a claim to it after beating him because he is willing to immediately rematch at 135, if TJ ducks him its one of the all time biggest ducks.

Him losing at 125 absolutely affects his status because the guy who beat him wanted to do the fight at 135 in the first place, after beating DJ one of the first things Cejudo did was called TJ out and said hes coming to 135 for that belt. TJ got selfish and made sure it would be at 125 so he wasnt the one risking a belt. Now he has to defend it to be the undisputed champ.

Last edited:
I can, until somebody beats him at 35. He looked awful at 25, losing that lean body mass seems like it was a bad idea to me. Even then, that was a flukey fight with an iffy stoppage.

kind of true

Like it or not folks, he is objectively a DISPUTED champ now, Cejudo has a claim to it after beating him because he is willing to immediately rematch at 135, if TJ ducks him its one of the all time biggest ducks.

Him losing at 125 absolutely affects his status because the guy who beat him wanted to do the fight at 135 in the first place, after beating DJ one of the first things Cejudo did was called TJ out and said hes coming to 135 for that belt. TJ got selfish and made sure it would be at 125 so he wasnt the one risking a belt. Now he has to defend it to be the undisputed champ.
He is not a disputed champ at 135.A loss at 125 should not affect his status at 135.

Also about the rematch.I know the hate is strong for TJ right now but the weight cut totally effected him. I’m not discrediting Cejudo but the rematch at 135 will be interesting because I doubt we see the same outcome. If 125 does get shut down regardless of the outcome yesterday, Cejudo should be able to do very good at 135. Hopefully they keep the 125 division so Cejudo defends but I’d like to see TJ vs Cejudo at 135 eventually so Cejudo has a chance to get the 135 belt

Anyone who understands how a weight cut can negatively affect performance. Children who have never done shit probably have trouble with this.
Word. This place is full of mouth-breathers that know fuck-all about weight division sports, and it really shows.

Back