Who Can Beat Chris WEidman AT 185 lbs?

People are underestimating Vitor. He won't backpedal like Machida/Anderson and throw 10 meaningful strikes a round. He will be aggressive, move forward and he has the explosiveness to knock Weidman out.

With Andy out of the picture, Machida was the only threat. If Andy really is back then ill give him a chance, if Nick beats Andy then id give him a chance too!

Soldier of Shad Romero, if he can hold his stool in. Or get off of the stool in a timely manner

lol Muricans gon Murica...

Rockhold is gonna whoop him.

I think Weidman will finish Vitor by sub. Vitor was a black belt got sub by white belt Jones.

I think Weidman will finish Vitor by sub. Vitor was a black belt got sub by white belt Jones.

what about machida? jones had huge physical advantage over these guys, weidman is totally diff fight

People are underestimating Vitor. He won't backpedal like Machida/Anderson and throw 10 meaningful strikes a round. He will be aggressive, move forward and he has the explosiveness to knock Weidman out.

this i honestly think vitor catches him and trt vitor comes back and defends in brazil 3-4 times

Well to be fair, Jones beat the shit out of Vitor for 3+ rounds prior to the submission. But I do agree that The Chris can submit Vitor.

Weidman has the best footwork in the division, even better than Anderson's and Lyoto's (he worked them both in this area). His footwork is top 3 in MMA for many analysts, alongside Aldo's. He has big knockout power, excellent timing, great understanding of distance and as a result good range control, excellent footwork (as mentioned), great grappling, great takedowns and TDD, good reach, strength, creativity and intelligence, and a really good chin. He also might be the fastest learner in MMA, he's a living breathing sponge.

Machida and Rockhold have the best chances of beating him but their chances aren't high. In the Machida fight Chris was coming off double knee surgery and went into that fight with a badly injured hand (a hairline fracture/break). He fought Machida basically one-handed and still convincingly beat the guy (as Longo said to the media). Currently Weidman would be a favorite over every one of these guys until he either loses or moves up for a fight against one of the top LHWs.

Learn to accept Weidman and get used to him because I wouldn't count on anybody in the division beating him at the moment. He's that good.

Honestly, Weidman's standup is not that far ahead of Jacare's (if it is at all). I think your statement is patently false.

Either you're trolling or you have no clue at all about striking/standup skills. Jacare's striking skills are unrefined and sloppy. Weidman knocks him out when they face each other which is inevitably going to happen sooner than later.

I still believe in Anderson.
Lyoto could do it too.
Romero could catch him, but I doubt it.
Rockhold has a shot as well.
Jacare gets outstriked.

Only Jacare, Romero and Rockhold stand in his way of immortality. :icon_lol:

Back