Who Can Beat Chris WEidman AT 185 lbs?

he dominated anderson and knocked him down, but yeah

and i beat weidman takes him down and gnp him

If you're talking about the first fight then he certainly did not dominate him. Anderson probably would of won that fight if he didn't get so complacent

I think Rockhold is a threat. We will have to see how he does against Machida.

No one one that list can. Daniel Cormier might be a tussle, Rashad Evans might give him a fight.

Jacare, Vitor, and Luke are all tough fights. If he gets through those 3 guys without losing I'll be surprised and impressed.

With a couple more rounds Machida could have had a chance. I think he could win a rematch if he adjusted some things or gets lucky.

I still think the Andy wins were semi-flukish, sorry. Andy was still the favorite going into match #2, and that fight can't be used as a basis to judge anything whatsoever.

Stopped reading at "not world class at anything". Do you really think he was able to win the title by being "very good at everything"? Anderson wouldn't have lost to someone who wasn't elite at both striking and grappling. He has fought high level strikers (Vitor started crucifying guys after Anderson roflstomped his face) and he has fought elite grapplers.

Weidman is not World-class at anything. He is not a World-class striker like Stephan Struve. He is not a World-class wrestler like Daniel Cormier. He is not a World-class submission artist like Jacar

There's always that "punchers chance" or having an "off night", but at 185 IMO he already surpassed his two biggest threats in Anderson and Machida.

Rockhold, Vitor, maybe Jacare, and Machida if he's more aggressive 2nd time around

Weidman is not World-class at anything. He is not a World-class striker like Stephan Struve. He is not a World-class wrestler like Daniel Cormier. He is not a World-class submission artist like Jacar

Not exactly sure why people think Weidman is invincible. He looked pretty human in the later rounds of the Machida fight. 5 round fights are definitely going to take time to adjust to, so I understand that. I think everyone on that list has a decent chance of the upset. I will say though that if Weidman gets through the Brazilian murderer's row (Silva, Machida, Belfort, Jacare), Rockhold, and Romero, the argument for MW GOAT is very, very interesting.

Vitor, Rockhold, Jacare and I think with a better game plan Machida

What about Romero!? :D Haha, another tko for Weidman, but no one. People are overrating Jacare's stand up and wrestling when compared to Weidman's and Rockhold.. I am not sure how he is when he gets pressured.

Not exactly sure why people think Weidman is invincible. He looked pretty human in the later rounds of the Machida fight. 5 round fights are definitely going to take time to adjust to, so I understand that. I think everyone on that list has a decent chance of the upset. I will say though that if Weidman gets through the Brazilian murderer's row (Silva, Machida, Belfort, Jacare), Rockhold, and Romero, the argument for MW GOAT is very, very interesting.

I agree. That weight cut is rough for him, he is a HUGE mw. The lineup of mw contenders is insane, if he gets passed them all like you said, for sure MW GOAT.

prime chael destroys weidman within 2 rounds.
prime silva finishes weidman 10/10 times
prime vitor take out weidman in 2 minutes
prime machida destroys weidman all 5 rounds
current jon jones humiliates him if chris ever goes up a class
current jacare smashes weidman
prime dan henderson destroys weidman

i give weidman zero credits cuz only good fighter he fought was an out of prime machida
and way out of prime silva.

weidman is the new jon jones facing all the aging legends but unlike jon chris is not half the martial artist jon is, not on the ground in the clinch, or stand up.

Jacare-pros-impecable chin, huge gas tank, strong, relentless
cons-not the best standup doh he has improved a lot

Rockhold-pros-decent reach, decent striking,kickboxing skills and good tdd
cons-suspect chin, wrestling is good but Teh Chris is superior

Vitor-pros- striking, ko power, explosiveness
cons-juiceless, lack of cardio, gives up

Spider-pros-very good everything
cons- gets cocky, old

Nick Diaz-pros-very good chin and cardio
cons- would get killed at MW

Cheetah-pros-very good striking, very good tdd
cons-takes a while to initialize, tends to hesitate a lot doh its kinda his style

out of the list-a non cocky Spider and a relentless Jacare would give him the most problems imo

prime chael destroys weidman within 2 rounds.
prime silva finishes weidman 10/10 times
prime vitor take out weidman in 2 minutes
prime machida destroys weidman all 5 rounds
current jon jones humiliates him if chris ever goes up a class
current jacare smashes weidman
prime dan henderson destroys weidman

i give weidman zero credits cuz only good fighter he fought was an out of prime machida
and way out of prime silva.

weidman is the new jon jones facing all the aging legends but unlike jon chris is not half the martial artist jon is, not on the ground in the clinch, or stand up.

Anderson silva at the same age chris weidman dominated and destroyed him gets dominated and finished by 155 lb small asian men 2/2 times.

Rockhold, Jacare, Romero and Vitor are all very live dogs against Weidman

Back