Who at middleweight has the best chance to beat A. Silva?

Weidman: There is too much hype around him imo. but his skills are what its take to beat silva. I can't wait to see his nex fight

Belfort: the only striker who have a chance to beat Silva on the feet.

Palhares: he have probably 8% of a chace too trap anderson on a leg lock.

(sorry for my poor english)

I'd say Belfort.

Weidman would take a laser guided fist to the face and turtle up instantly.

Belfort went down yeah, but I've always believed it would be a striker of Belfort's caliber who would defeat Silva. He isn't landing that toe to the face a second time...

I want to see Weidman get his shot after everything he's said.

But I don't want Anderson to sit out waiting for Chris to recover from surgery.

Nobody. The Weidman hype train is going to be derailed before they fight.

Weidman. He has a good double, a fluid and dynamic sub game, and serviceable striking.
Silva's takedown defense is great, but he still isn't great when it comes to doubles, he's shown a weakness positionally when he's on his back, and we haven't seen a lot of his sub defense lately, so while he might be Mr,rubber-arms and have carotid/jugular veins of steel, we don't really know.

Is weidmans wrestling and bjj really 'elite'?

He came third in his senior year in college and he competed at ADCC. I mean, its impressive to get your purple belt and compete in ADCC afetr just a year training BJJ. Very impressive. But then, he has been grappling since he was a kid., And what do those acheivements amount to in the UFC? Not alot really. PaulHarris WON ADCC, so has Maia so has Jacare and Belfort has meddled bronze. Winning ADCC is a whole different world to getting there! So, if these guys who have won it have their level of success in UFC what is it about weidman that makes people beleive that he is the next big wrestle hope? The guy isnt on the same level in submission grappling as any of these guys. And his collegiate wreslting, while good, wasn't as decorated as many wrestlers in the UFC. Even if he was elite it doesnt transfer automatically into UFC success and as far as i can tell, he doesnt really have an 'elite' background.

Last edited:
I don't see any of the current MWs beating Anderson but if i had to pick someone that would be Weidman due to his grappling

Is weidmans wrestling and bjj really 'elite'?
So, if these guys who have won it have their level of success in UFC what is it about weidman that makes people beleive that he is the next big wrestle hope? The guy isnt on the same level in submission grappling as any of these guys. And his collegiate wreslting, while good, wasn't as decorated as many wrestlers in the UFC. Even if he was elite it doesnt transfer automatically into UFC success and as far as i can tell, he doesnt really have an 'elite' background.

This is mma, b.
Munoz had considerably more wrestling credentials than Weidman, as well as more time training mma and more fights in mma.
Weidman hustled the shit out of Munoz on the ground.

I think Anderson pops Weidman upside the head and flatlines him. But I think it's a lot more interesting than Belfort trying to run up and hockey-punch him (I know it's being hyperbolic) again or Bisping try to not be styled on. I don't get why people are so opposed to the concept of Weidman in a fight with Silva given that he earns it.

MOUSASI if he feels like making 185. Weidman and Bisping have no chance.

This is mma, b.
Munoz had considerably more wrestling credentials than Weidman, as well as more time training mma and more fights in mma.
Weidman hustled the shit out of Munoz on the ground.

I think Anderson pops Weidman upside the head and flatlines him. But I think it's a lot more interesting than Belfort trying to run up and hockey-punch him (I know it's being hyperbolic) again or Bisping try to not be styled on. I don't get why people are so opposed to the concept of Weidman in a fight with Silva given that he earns it.

Well yea, i did actually make the point that it doesn't necessarily transfer to UFC success even if he was elite. I am not so opposed to Weidman fighting Silva. Not opposed to it at all, if, as you say, he earns it. I am opposed to the but hurt Chael Sonnen nuthuggers that have found a new great white wrestling hope in Chris Weidman and elevate him to such a level that it grinds on my brain.

So does all this hype behind Weidman mean that if/when Anderson hospitalizes him he'll finally have a legit win on his record? Or does Weidman just turn into a worthless can just like every other victim of Silva?

"Widemann wass to green shuda nevar fite Silva lol he only took da fite cuz its 1 more for his paddded record"

So does all this hype behind Weidman mean that if/when Anderson hospitalizes him he'll finally have a legit win on his record? Or does Weidman just turn into a worthless can just like every other victim of Silva?

"Widemann wass to green shuda nevar fite Silva lol he only took da fite cuz its 1 more for his paddded record"

^^^^
This !!!

currently the best one for me is weidman. i want to see bisping get the title shot though

Weidman's grappling credentials would give him a shot at the win, if only he had the stand-up skill set needed to actually survive very long against Anderson. Anderson has been taken down by much stronger wrestlers and gotten back up. The difference is those guys could actually handle Anderson's stand-up (Henderson) or effectively neutralize it (Sonnen) but even then they still got stopped.

Face it, people have been saying "Oh, he is a great wrestler though, and Anderson can be taken down" for YEARS. To be honest, I think the only time we're going to see Anderson lose(if he doesn't retire with the belt) is if someone comes along who makes people finally start saying "I think he can beat Anderson on point fighting". Which is not going to be for years.

Back