Who are you favourite and least favourite refs?

I like Goddard, but i'm a bit biased in that he's a UK guy and i've been to one of his refereeing seminars.

He's a really cool guy, but my god does he look like Peter Kay (English comedian) in person :eek:

Don't really have a least favourite because all of them have fucked up at least once. But Winslow does seem the most frequent in that regard.

Maz should get some respect for being the first guy to use the replay screen, in the Jones vs Hamill fight.

I should have made a poll. Looks like Winslow is the winner for worst ref though.

Marc Goddard is a boss as well, i always forget about that dude, but i feel safer when it's announced he's the ref.

Great composure, makes quick decisions. Badass.

Completely agree.

op: I don't dislike many refs, though some old guy from bellator is loathsome. He's the old dude who face-planted after a horrible stoppage.

I actually think Winslow does a great job at keeping a completely fair fight, i enjoy her verbosity about fouls, akin to Miragliotta, and think she's cute in a weird way.

Wish my gf would use Kim's signature nose-flick thing to signal me to sex, just sayin'.

Favorite: Herb Dean, Yamasaki.

Least Favorite: Mazagatti, Mirgirigliota.

Rosenthal and BJ.

Yves Lavigne and Miragliotta are good, also.

Dean is horrible.

Mazagatti is becoming one of the best refs right now. He does a really good job, I think its just his previous fuck ups people still hold against him.

Winslow is well, just horrible..

Cecil-Peoples_referee.gif

haha made my day,that ref should come in just to start fight with those fancy moves:)

I actually think Winslow does a great job at keeping a completely fair fight, i enjoy her verbosity about fouls, akin to Miragliotta, and think she's cute in a weird way.

Wish my gf would use Kim's signature nose-flick thing to signal me to sex, just sayin'.

Wut? You think this is "cute"? I don't want to judge if you think she's attractive but.. Cute?

kim-winslow.jpg

Best : Herb and Yves

Worst : Still Mirgliotta by a landslide.

Favorite: Herb, Rosenthal, Big John

Least: Mazagatti, Mirgliotta, C-Peeps

Wut? You think this is "cute"? I don't want to judge if you think she's attractive but.. Cute?

kim-winslow.jpg

Haha cute like when you see 2 fat, ugly people in love holding hands or something like that.

But thanks for the pic...
fap-fap-fap.jpg

Least favorite referees: Steve Mazzagatti, Kim Winslow, and Mario Yamasaki

Mazzagatti, especially. He always makes it known that he is the referee of the fight by doing something outrageous.

Favorite are Rosenthal, Herb, and Miragliotta.
Least Favorite: Yves Lavigne, Marc Goddard, and Fernando Yamasaki

I respect Maz! He was hated by almost everybody and he still carried on doing what he loved and you have to respect that. Also his reffing has improved a lot, and I really like how he puts himself in the way of punches to save someone getting hospitalised, other refs need to take that approach imo

I respect Maz! He was hated by almost everybody and he still carried on doing what he loved and you have to respect that. Also his reffing has improved a lot, and I really like how he puts himself in the way of punches to save someone getting hospitalised, other refs need to take that approach imo

Not saying you're wrong at all but this is pretty much a standard.

Big John is the best ref hands down!

Fuck all the rest!

Big John has had like 1 controversial stoppage, Sakuraba vs. Conan Silva!

The End!!!

Not saying you're wrong at all but this is pretty much a standard.

It is meant to be the standard, but I see way too many fights where the referees intervention is way to feeble, resulting in the fighter on top getting a few more punches off which sometimes makes the difference between a fighter who is hurt but still awake and a fighter who is unconscious and needs to go to the hospital. Rosenthal imo can learn from Maz's protection of fighters.

Maz pushed of Garza of Paixao after that brutal knee, made a huge difference in fredsons well being imo.
Maz also saved fitch from being knocked out senseless by Hendricks.

Mazzagatti is a good ref :), and yes he has made mistakes in the past but he has improved so much :)

It is meant to be the standard, but I see way too many fights where the referees intervention is way to feeble, resulting in the fighter on top getting a few more punches off which sometimes makes the difference between a fighter who is hurt but still awake and a fighter who is unconscious and needs to go to the hospital. Rosenthal imo can learn from Maz's protection of fighters.

Maz pushed of Garza of Paixao after that brutal knee, made a huge difference in fredsons well being imo.
Maz also saved fitch from being knocked out senseless by Hendricks.

Mazzagatti is a good ref :), and yes he has made mistakes in the past but he has improved so much :)

That is true. Goddard is one of the best "protective" refs in mma, Mazzagati ain't so bad either imo.

Back