Who are you favourite and least favourite refs?

Best- Rosenthal, Herb, Goddard

Worst- Mazzagatti, Winslow, Big John.

Lot of people saying Winslow but I think just one guy who actually gave examples. In a recent fight I thought she did a great job handling a dropped mouthpiece, moving to quickly rinse it before giving it back to the fighter. Lavigne was great handling loose tape in Miller/Lauzon; waited for a break in the grappling, kept position and signaled outside the cage ahead of time so they would have scissors ready.

Greg Franklin has had some high profile flubs in Bellator and apparently has a bad reputation on the regional circuit.

kim winslow needs to be banned from the cage for life - cant stand her

Dean and Rosenthal are overall very consistent, which I think is the most important factor. Personally, I think Yamasaki has good days, but he makes a lot of mistakes

That is true. Goddard is one of the best "protective" refs in mma, Mazzagati ain't so bad either imo.

Yh I agree, Goddard has saved a few fighters from hospital :), Herb Dean has the best judgement when it comes to reffing, but I feel that he is too feeble at times, he needs to be a little bit more firm in his stoppages but his judgement makes up for that most of the time but I have seen a couple of late stoppages from Herb....

I am a big Kim Winslow fan. She gets a lot of heat, but she does a great job I think. I also think most of the guys they use in International Events do a great job. I think most of them do pretty good considering all things. I think the refs get too much heat, their job is rough.

I thought that. She was going to let Jan Finney die.

Think it was kip schnider? I can't really remember his first name but the dumb ass ref that didn't notice oliveiras illegal kick to lentz which ended up in the fight going to nc after the commission overturned it because he fucked up on his job.

I'd trust Rosenthal with my life

I'd trust Miragliotta as far as I could throw him

I think Herb Dean is the best. I also like Rosenthal, Big John and Yves Lavigne.

I HATE Kim Winslow - she's a terrible ref. I also think Mazzagatti is a shit ref. Miragliotta isn't the best around but he isn't terrible. Cecil Peoples is fucking horrendous but he's mostly a judge anymore - shit at that too.

big john .. he did write the book
herb... arguably better than john

winslow... you know something could get screwed up
and there is this one guy who always comments on the fights and like urges guys on and is really quick to break em up, i cant remember his name but he bothers me

Cecil Peoples is fucking horrendous but he's mostly a judge anymore - shit at that too.

if i see his name listed on the judges i hold my breath and pray the other two got it right cause he is absolutely terrible

Best:

Big John
Josh Rosenthal

Worst:

Herb Dean (early stoppages)
Dan Miragliotta (not quite sure how he even got his license to ref)

Worst Judge:

Cecil Peoples (Stevie Wonder could be a better judge than him)

Fav:

Josh
Eves
Herb
Godard

Worst:

Winslow
Peoples
Mazagatti
Fat ref that Joe makes fun of

Yamasaki lands right in the middle.

btw, Big Jon fucking sucks.

He broke a fighers nose with a tackle and eye gouged the fuck out of Diego Sanchez on an other tackle.

The dude is unnecessarily aggressive with fighters and treats them like shit. He wants to be the star.

Only redeeming quality is he makes good stoppages and standups.

Least fav:15 second mazzagatti, and herb dean for ending fedors career

Back