Who are you favourite and least favourite refs?

ceciljump.gif

LOL oh man these gifs are amazing.

Kevin Mulhall is a good ref but he doesn't get in to the action very often.

He has a pretty good sprawl, from what I remember from Ellenberger vs. Shields.

Mazaghatti (massacred spelling) is so ridiculously overly criticized in the MMA community. It's the sheep following the sheep.

The Lesnar stoppage and Dana getting pissed Maz fucked up his Cash Cow's debut has snowballed into a lot of unwarranted hate and criticism.

Really not a big fan of Winslow. I fear for fighters taking unnecessary damage when she's in charge.

Marc Goddard is great in my opinion.

Best is Rosenthal. Hard to forgive Yamaski for screwing Eric Silva vs Prater.
Dont know who the worst is though. Maybe the guy that rose Lashley from full mount.

I also still can't believe Herb's "strong warning" and the two-point deduction in the Caceres vs. Figueroa fight.

I like the big bald guy and the french guy

and i dont like Herb Dean

I remember Jason Herzog who did a lot of WEC was a good ref

#1 = Herb Dean
#2 = Big John McCarthy
#3 = Steve Mazzagatti
#4 = Dan Miragliotta (arguably a tie with #3)
#5 = Yves and Yamasaki (tie)

I think Rosenthal had a bad 2012, several fuckups. Yamasaki had that one questionable DQ of Eric Silva, though I thought Silva did hit (forget who it was) on the head several times (certainly more than once), but not enough to justify a DQ. But nobody's perfect and that's the only arguable Yamasaki fuckup that I can think of.

Rosenthal is my :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: followed by Big John. Herb used to be up there but he's been making some questionable stops. Yamasaki is down the list as well. He's too inconsistent. He DQ'd Erick Silva for back of the head punches but allowed Belfort to get away with it. Winslow is by far the worst.

Rosenthal then Big John.

Herb Dean is the worse ref.

#1 Rosenthal - lots of people blow up a couple late stoppages when really if you look at most his fights he reffed he did a superb job and better than most others would have done.

#2 - Dan M.

Worst:

#1 Mazegatti

#2 Herb

Best: Rosenthal, Big John
Worst: Winslow, Cecil

Back