Who are the russians rooting for?

Judging by her wedding pic I'm going to guess............no.

wHyMZAiWb2Q.jpg
WTF is going on here? What century is this picture from? Is Dag the West Virginia of Russian?

Well I think there is a few other fighters that trains in Akhmat, like Efremov, Bigdash but I can't remember anyone shitting on them for that. In recent times I think Mirzaev recives hsit from Dagestani too, from what I understand for being not enough "Dagestani" - and I think recently Russians became kinda more positive to him (like, in Fight Nights and Eagles MMA you have guys like Molodtsov - commited two murders/manslaughters, was arrested in Moscow with grenade and I think was arrested again for gaining control over a governmental parking lot or Vagabov - multiple times was punching his opponents after the end of the fights and was arrested for trying to gain some money from Dagestano journalist if I remember it right). And I'm not sure that deceased guy was drunk and he was attacking Mirzaev's girlfriend.
Well from what I've seen people root for guys like Mustafaev, Rashid Magomedov and others without them becoming Christians.
I think Dagetsani and other fighters complain like 99 % of times when they loses - Tumenov, for example - he said that he lost because of bad weight cut, sickness or injury. I think Taisumov didn't said that he lost to Prazeres because of injury, but I think I've seen even Chechens laughs at that stuff - like if Chechen lost it was because of blind/corrupt judges, ref stopped too soon because Chechen fighter was still alive and etc (I think also there was something that opponents is a PED user or cheated in some other way, but not sure).

Efremov and Bigdash are also criticized for signing with Akhmat, the same with Grishin but they are not as popular or successful as Alexander. I dont know the extent of Mirzaevs problems in Dagestan but the guy who approached Mirzaevs girlfriend was drunk. The average Russians in those forums dont root for Rashid or Mustafaev, they are not famous. Also look at how they react to Dagestani and Chechen promotions like ACB and Fight Nights, they say that ACB "protects Chechen fighters against Russians" which is ridiculous. I have never heard Chechens or Dagestanis make up the same excuses as Goltsov did. The Borisov-Kerimov fight made many Russians angry, they said ACB gave the win to Kerimov because Borisov is Russian. Many of these cases have appeared, even though ACB has treated Russian fighters very well including inviting them to Berkut base.

Also go to this popular Russian MMA channel and look at the titles of the videos and how many views they have.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6zOnSAtJzz166Y5B7tImNA/videos?disable_polymer=1

Titles like "Russian did this to Chechen" and yet they never post videos of Russians losing to Chechens.
Look at the comments too.

It'd be nice if threads like this were moderated so only certain locations could post.

Tough to read a thread that asked "what do people in Maine think about XYZ" and then 50% of the responses are loudmouths from California saying how they feel about Maine and the other 45% would be people from the mid-west talking about what they THINK people from Maine feel about XYZ. Ends up being 95% bullshit that has nothing to do with the point of the thread, when the point of the thread is finding out what 5% of the posters think.

Last edited:
It's like...there are not too many Jon Jones fans on this forum but Khabib is treated 4 times worse by his own fellow citizens and he has tons of agressive haters.
Just to clarify... Jones had loads of very vocal fans here. Starting when he hit those trips and the spinning elbow on Stephan Bonnar. Somewhere along the way folks started to see through the gee-willikers nice guy act. Even then, he had tons of fans. It comes with being supremely talented. Then he started fucking up, and kept fucking up. Even after crashing into a pregnant woman and leaving the scene, he still had plenty of supporters. It took the USADA violation before most of his fans abandoned ship.

Balkan Slav here that usually backs his boys... from Bosnia to the Rus to the Ukraine but after Khabib's tormenting homeless I'm rooting for McGregor

Khabib is supposedly Russian but from Dagestan, which I believe has a deep history with Russia, and I was under the inpression Russia is kinda racist and if you look around, Conor is the one whos getting invited by Putin, not the other way around

So Russians, who are you guys pulling for

Efremov and Bigdash are also criticized for signing with Akhmat, the same with Grishin but they are not as popular or successful as Alexander. I dont know the extent of Mirzaevs problems in Dagestan but the guy who approached Mirzaevs girlfriend was drunk. The average Russians in those forums dont root for Rashid or Mustafaev, they are not famous. Also look at how they react to Dagestani and Chechen promotions like ACB and Fight Nights, they say that ACB "protects Chechen fighters against Russians" which is ridiculous. I have never heard Chechens or Dagestanis make up the same excuses as Goltsov did. The Borisov-Kerimov fight made many Russians angry, they said ACB gave the win to Kerimov because Borisov is Russian. Many of these cases have appeared, even though ACB has treated Russian fighters very well including inviting them to Berkut base.

Also go to this popular Russian MMA channel and look at the titles of the videos and how many views they have.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6zOnSAtJzz166Y5B7tImNA/videos?disable_polymer=1

Titles like "Russian did this to Chechen" and yet they never post videos of Russians losing to Chechens.
Look at the comments too.
I think Grishin get shit for training and supporting Fedor and then now repsenting Akhmat and I think he supported Kadyrov in his conflict with Fedor and kid's fights (I think also people mentioned that during broadcasts it sounds like Grishin tries too hard to kiss the ass of Kadyrov and Chechens but honestly I think it's kinda the same with all Rusians commentating Akhmat events and for me pretty much all Russian commentators are horrible) - about Mustafaev or Rashid - well I dunno, for me looks like that people who watches mma at least for a few yearso and more often than 2 events in a year knows them. From my point of view Fight Nights had questionable judges decisions like in Prochazka-Mokhnatkin (or people often remember Emelianenko-Maldonado). And from what I've seen people often say that ACB and Akhmat protect their fighters from every dangerous opponent, not just Russians.

I think Grishin get shit for training and supporting Fedor and then now repsenting Akhmat and I think he supported Kadyrov in his conflict with Fedor and kid's fights (I think also people mentioned that during broadcasts it sounds like Grishin tries too hard to kiss the ass of Kadyrov and Chechens but honestly I think it's kinda the same with all Rusians commentating Akhmat events and for me pretty much all Russian commentators are horrible) - about Mustafaev or Rashid - well I dunno, for me looks like that people who watches mma at least for a few yearso and more often than 2 events in a year knows them. From my point of view Fight Nights had questionable judges decisions like in Prochazka-Mokhnatkin (or people often remember Emelianenko-Maldonado). And from what I've seen people often say that ACB and Akhmat protect their fighters from every dangerous opponent, not just Russians.

Saying something good about Chechens counts as "kissing ass" according to those Russians(in the forums). Yeah the "protecting from dangerous fighter" argument is what im talking about. ACB sends Chechen fighters all around the world to fight guys that have 3x more fights than them. If the Chechen wins then they comment "he was a can" if the Chechen losses they put it on Youtube with titles like "Chechen thought he could beat Brazillian, Kadyrov is shocked!" and the video gets millions of views with idiotic comments.

being offended is your choice.
I’m not really offended. It was a joke.

Sometimes what you say is correct, though I still find it funny that people make deliberately inflammatory remarks but add “no offence”, as though that eliminates any possible offence which is likely to be caused.

I’m not really offended. It was a joke.

Sometimes what you say is correct, though I still find it funny that people make deliberately inflammatory remarks but add “no offence”, as though that eliminates any possible offence which is likely to be caused.

Agreed. It's as transparent as "no homo". If someone says no offence, they are obviously aware that what they said is offensive.

Saying something good about Chechens counts as "kissing ass" according to those Russians(in the forums). Yeah the "protecting from dangerous fighter" argument is what im talking about. ACB sends Chechen fighters all around the world to fight guys that have 3x more fights than them. If the Chechen wins then they comment "he was a can" if the Chechen losses they put it on Youtube with titles like "Chechen thought he could beat Brazillian, Kadyrov is shocked!" and the video gets millions of views with idiotic comments.
From what I remember Akhmat broadcasts feels a bit strange with commentators praising hero of Russia Ramzan Akhmatovich and countless times remembering Akhmat Khadzhi Kadyrov.
I think after ACB trip to Brazil some comments were like - ha, I told you guys, these Chechen Borz's are hometown fighters and only good against cans and stuff like that.
Well, I think such youtube channels get their popularity from posting controversial stuff. Also, I think Volkov said that he has unique superpower - fighters that he beat turns into cans and old guys (he was ironic towards Russian mma fans opinion that Volkov sucks), Minakov also mentioned in interview that Russian fans thinks that Russian fighters sucks and only Americans are the real man and good fighters. So not only Caucasus guys got called cancrashers.

I’m torn on this one. I’d hate to see King Cuck win, but I don’t want to see a snackbar as a champion either

Balkan Slav here that usually backs his boys... from Bosnia to the Rus to the Ukraine but after Khabib's tormenting homeless I'm rooting for McGregor

Really? I haven’t even seen the video of Khabib and the homeless guy, is it that bad? I always heard Russians weren’t as concerned with political correctness as Western European countries, because of the Putin culture, homophobia, the racism/skinhead culture prevalent in soccer, etc. This could be totally untrue, it’s just what I heard.

Real russians hate dagestanis and chechens etc. Prob conor. Caucasus will root for khalabeeb

Really? I haven’t even seen the video of Khabib and the homeless guy, is it that bad? I always heard Russians weren’t as concerned with political correctness as Western European countries, because of the Putin culture, homophobia, the racism/skinhead culture prevalent in soccer, etc. This could be totally untrue, it’s just what I heard.
Its bad. Its not even a "political correctness" thing. Its a human decency thing. They were treating him as a subhuman. Like getting a puppy to fetch, or a seal to jump out of the water and take a fish from your hand. There was never a moment where I thought they had an regard or decency towards him. It should be a universal belief that you dont treat people that way.
Im conservative, and the furthest thing from a snlowflake, but it was shitty

I am for Khabib in this fight. Conor is exciting, but we don't (shouldn't) want 155 held up again with a champion refusing to defend. I like these fun debates though, I am Slavic but support athletes between the Kaspian and Black seas.

I love wrestling and have no problem rooting for them in national/international tournaments. Same with some boxers too.

Everyone loves Conor. He's exciting to watch. Khabib just grinds on people to a decision. Not nearly as exciting. It doesn't matter where you're from, everyone loves knockouts.

Most Khabib fanboys are basement dwelling forumers who want to feel superior to casuals. Going to laugh my ass off when Khabib finds himself on queer street.

From what I remember Akhmat broadcasts feels a bit strange with commentators praising hero of Russia Ramzan Akhmatovich and countless times remembering Akhmat Khadzhi Kadyrov.
I think after ACB trip to Brazil some comments were like - ha, I told you guys, these Chechen Borz's are hometown fighters and only good against cans and stuff like that.
Well, I think such youtube channels get their popularity from posting controversial stuff. Also, I think Volkov said that he has unique superpower - fighters that he beat turns into cans and old guys (he was ironic towards Russian mma fans opinion that Volkov sucks), Minakov also mentioned in interview that Russian fans thinks that Russian fighters sucks and only Americans are the real man and good fighters. So not only Caucasus guys got called cancrashers.

Those youtube channels are only for Russians sice they never have titles like "Chechen beats Russian". Anyway my point was that those forums or vk pages like "Best of MMA" can get cancerous. When a post like "those Churkas poisoned Goltsov" gets over 100 likes then its pretty obvious that you shouldn't take them serious ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back