Who are the russians rooting for?

yeah it means chicken or something but it's a slur
actually a petuh (correctly translated as rooster and not just chicken) is someone who is the bitch in prison and gets raped regularely and treated with no respect whatsoever. Its one of the biggest insults in russia.

Putin will root for Conor, obviously, if you know something about their policy.

prolly they don't care who wins
they only root for russians

except martial art practitioners, educated Russian people don't watch MMA. Those who know McGregor from the news have low opinion of him. I think educated Irish people also hate McGregor. I can't speak for less educated Russian people because all of my Russian friends are well behaved and highly educated

It doesnt matter what Khabib does, if he does anything good nobody will care about him and if he does something bad then many will hate him. Look at Alexander Emelianenko, a man who has said racist remarks, a rapist and a criminal, go to his instagram and you will see Russians loving him. I think Khabib knows that he isn't Russian, why should he go out with the Russian flag? He is a Avar and not Russian. Why does Khabib get hate when he is with Kadyrov but when Fedor stands next to Putin and tells people to vote for Putin its ok? Also browsing Russian MMA forums is not very smart, whenever a Chechen wins over a Russian they say "Kadyrov paid him", "They poisoned his food" like they did with Goltsov when he lost against Vakhaev. Whenever a Russian wins over a Chechen/Dagestani they put it on Youtube with texts like "Russian beat a Chechen" and the video gets millions of views with racist comments. This never happens when a Chechen or Dagestani wins.
I dunno from what I've seen (and it's not Alexander's instagram) people considers him to be a degenerate for being criminal, rapist, alcoholic, saying shit about Fedor and other mma fighters + people calls him traitor, Judas and alcoborz.
McGregor is not Irish too, his surname is of Scottish origin if 'm not wrong. And, if Khabib is talking trash and brings that Russia is 140 million or what he said it will be smart to bring flag or something.
I've seen people bash Fedor, Kharitonov, Minakov and I think also Bagautinov and Khabib for having positions in government (I think Dagestani too said that they don't like that Khabib is that much close to the current ruling Dagestani politicians)
If I'm not mistaken it was Goltsov himself who said something about poisoned food and that he is not gonna fight again in North Caucasus.

I dunno from what I've seen (and it's not Alexander's instagram) people considers him to be a degenerate for being criminal, rapist, alcoholic, saying shit about Fedor and other mma fighters + people calls him traitor, Judas and alcoborz.
McGregor is not Irish too, his surname is of Scottish origin if 'm not wrong. And, if Khabib is talking trash and brings that Russia is 140 million or what he said it will be smart to bring flag or something.
I've seen people bash Fedor, Kharitonov, Minakov and I think also Bagautinov and Khabib for having positions in government (I think Dagestani too said that they don't like that Khabib is that much close to the current ruling Dagestani politicians)
If I'm not mistaken it was Goltsov himself who said something about poisoned food and that he is not gonna fight again in North Caucasus.

Of course some will hate Alex but most Russians love him, the only reason they call him traitor is because he trains in Chechnya. Otherwise he is forgiven for rape by many Russians. Look at the Mirzaev situation, Mirzaev protected his girlfriend from a Russian drunk and he got more criticism from Russians than Alexander did for Rape.

I too cringe when Khabib says "we are 140 million" maybe now when Putin invited McGregor he will understand that he isn't "140 million". He doesn't have to bring the flag at all, it wont do him any good. Those same Russians that hate Khabib for not wearing the flag will not be satisfied until Khabib says "i am Russian", leaves Islam, joins the orthodox Church, and leaves his Avar heritage.

Goltsov is a crybaby, i lost all respect for him after that fight. He made several excuses like "it was too warm, i am a Scandinavian man and so i want to fight only in the north" and he said that the food made him sick. Russians jumped right at the comments and accused ACB that the fight was fixed even though it clearly wasn't. The same thing happened in the Duraev-Vasilevsky fight, they accused that fight of being fixed too but since Vasilvesky didn't come out with dumb excuses it wasn't a big deal. Chechens and Dagestani fight in Moscow and other parts of Russia for 90% of the time and never complain.

Of course some will hate Alex but most Russians love him, the only reason they call him traitor is because he trains in Chechnya. Otherwise he is forgiven for rape by many Russians. Look at the Mirzaev situation, Mirzaev protected his girlfriend from a Russian drunk and he got more criticism from Russians than Alexander did for Rape.

I too cringe when Khabib says "we are 140 million" maybe now when Putin invited McGregor he will understand that he isn't "140 million". He doesn't have to bring the flag at all, it wont do him any good. Those same Russians that hate Khabib for not wearing the flag will not be satisfied until Khabib says "i am Russian", leaves Islam, joins the orthodox Church, and leaves his Avar heritage.

Goltsov is a crybaby, i lost all respect for him after that fight. He made several excuses like "it was too warm, i am a Scandinavian man and so i want to fight only in the north" and he said that the food made him sick. Russians jumped right at the comments and accused ACB that the fight was fixed even though it clearly wasn't. The same thing happened in the Duraev-Vasilevsky fight, they accused that fight of being fixed too but since Vasilvesky didn't come out with dumb excuses it wasn't a big deal. Chechens and Dagestani fight in Moscow and other parts of Russia for 90% of the time and never complain.
Well I think there is a few other fighters that trains in Akhmat, like Efremov, Bigdash but I can't remember anyone shitting on them for that. In recent times I think Mirzaev recives hsit from Dagestani too, from what I understand for being not enough "Dagestani" - and I think recently Russians became kinda more positive to him (like, in Fight Nights and Eagles MMA you have guys like Molodtsov - commited two murders/manslaughters, was arrested in Moscow with grenade and I think was arrested again for gaining control over a governmental parking lot or Vagabov - multiple times was punching his opponents after the end of the fights and was arrested for trying to gain some money from Dagestano journalist if I remember it right). And I'm not sure that deceased guy was drunk and he was attacking Mirzaev's girlfriend.
Well from what I've seen people root for guys like Mustafaev, Rashid Magomedov and others without them becoming Christians.
I think Dagetsani and other fighters complain like 99 % of times when they loses - Tumenov, for example - he said that he lost because of bad weight cut, sickness or injury. I think Taisumov didn't said that he lost to Prazeres because of injury, but I think I've seen even Chechens laughs at that stuff - like if Chechen lost it was because of blind/corrupt judges, ref stopped too soon because Chechen fighter was still alive and etc (I think also there was something that opponents is a PED user or cheated in some other way, but not sure).

Well seeing as Conor is half Russian, they'll be rooting for him

I think Khabib is hated not because he is Avar or from Dagestan but for his style (I think lot of Russian mma watchers is not a fans of wrestling/sambo and stuff), his trash talk (like he when he was shitting on Pettis, on RDA that RDA is paper champ and Khabib is true champ), his connections to criminals and posts on social media in support of his criminal or Islamic terrorist friends, his lies (said that he is not gonna fight in Russia because he fights only at main cards of PPV events, then says that if his father wants, he will fight in Russia (I think he said even for free), then he and his father says that fighting in Russia doesn't make sense because they are gonna lose a lot of PPV money if title defense happens in Moscow), I think he lso said that he is ready to fight McGregor for free and now he says that if UFC want this fight to happen they should pay him same money as to McGregor.
Also I think problem with his social media - when tragedies in Russia happens he mostly ignores them, but when something happens to Muslims in Myanmar, he asks people to go to Myanmar's embassy to protest, also not so long ago I've seen something like he posted something about Budanov's killer who recently died and seems like those who are not from Caucasus didn't take this kindly. If I'm not mistaken in conflict between Kadyrov and Fedor he sided with Kadyrov and people don't like him for that and being not just some guy that close to Kadyrov, but Kadyrov calls him his friend.
He sounds like a real douchebag.

From what I gather Khabib is most popular in The Caucasus and in Central Asia. Ethnic Russians do not seem to care for him.

Even in the areas that Khabib is a big deal, Conor is still more recognizable.

Try to find a picture of one female on khabib's Instagram, it's a harder task than GSPs IG
Spidey senses are starting to go off here. Slight radar ping on the horizon.
Dirty-Closet-e1444690230420.jpg

Back