Who are some villains whose side you were on?

Pretty sure Scarface was the hero.

maxresdefault.jpg

^ oh and I wanted to be 1/2 half ACO Alex

I've seen enough threads like this to know how loosely the definitions wind up by the end. I just figured I'd start there and avoid debating the terminology along the way.

Clyde Shelton (Law Abiding Citizen)
He spoke to many of our street-justice fantasies, similar to 'Dexter'. He too, was screwed by the system and chose to take the matters into his own hands in a methodical, scrutinous manner.

I was 100% on his side... until he killed Jamie Fox's blonde assistant District Attorney.

Killing Jamie Fox, I'd completely understand, but a complete innocent? No way.

That said, the movie would have been so much better he won at the end.

Landa was smooth and charming and funny. Yes he was a Nazi but nobody's perfect
lol

Yeah, he was a guy who just took a huge amount of pleasure in something he was very good at. If it had been catching Pokemons instead of Jews, there'd be no problem.

He could have been more of a scalpel than an axe. Just estimating 50% everywhere is beneath his intelligence. Treat each planet differently. Maybe this planet needs 50% , maybe this planet needs 10%. A little more thought could have went into the roll out of his policies.
Ain't nobody got time fo that.

Tom-Cruise-717x405.jpg

Driven,philosophical, misunderstood.

I think that's the same rationale as why we like Michael, Vito Corleone, Scarface characters. Such an amazing actor playing it.

I mean Ian IS the Emperor. Well learned English stage actor prior to these movies. Incredible performance.

I laughed like hell at Family Guys parody of this movie with that chilling Emperor line "oooh I'm afraid the battlestation is going to be quite operational when your friends arrive"..

To which Chris (as Luke) says... "Well you don't have to be a dick about it."

Lmao! Priceless.

I think that's the same rationale as why we like Michael, Vito Corleone, Scarface characters. Such an amazing actor playing it.

I mean Ian IS the Emperor. Well learned English stage actor prior to these movies. Incredible performance.

I laughed like hell at Family Guys parody of this movie with that chilling Emperor line "oooh I'm afraid the battlestation is going to be quite operational when your friends arrive"..

Chris (as Luke) says... "We'll you don't have to be a dick about it."

Lmao! Priceless.

You got to admire the guy's evil, perseverance and ambition - he got shit done - and he had a great time doing it, he's always delightful and laughing and enjoying that shit

How can you not look up to that, I can barely get motivated to paint my fence and this guy single handedly took over the GALAXY

I was trying to quote the dude above me who posted Vader..cant quote a double yellow it seems.

In any case...in episodes 4 thru 6 .. Vader yes.

But in episode 3...yes he was cool in some parts for sure...the fights.

But there's a scene that almost ruined the character for me ...i have to fast forward through cuz it makes me wince.

The part after he chops off Windus hand... drops to his knees and starts panting "oh emperor you're so great...i lick your boots and will wash your underwear...

The way he was carrying on groveling on his knees...i swear to Christ I thought he was close to sliding out the emperor's private parts and giving him a happy ending...lol

This is the mighty feared Vader?

What the hell is this shit? I can't bear to watch that scene..lol

For some reason that I honestly cannot fathom, King of New York gets very little love.

UnfinishedGratefulIberianemeraldlizard.gif

Probably because it came out the same year as Goodfellas, The Coen's Millers Crossing always gets rather overlooked as well.

To which Chris (as Luke) says... "Well you don't have to be a dick about it."

Lmao! Priceless.

Agree with everything you say. Except where you refer to Ian McDiarmid, who was born and raised in Scotland, as fucking English!:mad:;)

Agree with everything you say. Except where you refer to Ian McDiarmid, who was born and raised in Scotland, as fucking English!:mad:;)

Well respect to the man for having zero trace of Scottish accent in his voice.. lol

That's like Boyega... thought he was American from his accent in Star Wars. Then I see him in an interview and he's limey as fuck. Is it just me, or is that a stunning American accent for a Brit?

I mean you can always tell a fake accent when Americans speak with an English accent..i find.

Technically, several groups killed off humanity. These two were just the only ones to conciously choose to end everything.

Ya thats fucked up to consciously do that. evil fuckers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back