Whittaker never won a belt, never had a successful defense.

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That must suck lol.

I believe he has a tough, tough road to be a champion again. All things considered, he was an awful champion for UFC, so they might not give him an easy road back.

He beat Yoel soundly in 2017, he was the legit #1 guy and champion. There is no way it can suck to be the champion. Nobody wants to lose the belt but most fighters never get there in the first place.

Few cares about title defences, DJ had 12, where is he now? Robert made some money and was champion for very long time, long enough.

he wrecked romero so I'm a fan

8FtUYhj.jpg

If Romero actually made weight, Robert would have had a title defense.

He beat Yoel soundly in 2017, he was the legit #1 guy and champion. There is no way it can suck to be the champion. Nobody wants to lose the belt but most fighters never get there in the first place.
Yes but he only faced Yoel since 2017, then he lost belt. Tbh he was screwed by both Bisping and GSP in 2017. In my opinion Adesanya was best MW in 2018, and he is best in 2019. Robert was underwhelming as representative of MW's.

hes still a top contender mate lol, he lost to a G come on now he will recover

Few cares about title defences, DJ had 12, where is he now? Robert made some money and was champion for very long time, long enough.
0 successful defenses, never was an undisputed champ, he was a paper champ and spent the majority of his “reign” on the shelf.

Didn't his coach say he was a better version of GSP?

It takes some serious rose-tinted glasses to look at Robert's title reign as anything more than serendipity

Come on, the two wins over Romero whether classed as official title defences or not mean much more than you are letting on.

According to Conor haters, defenses are everything. I know this thread is not about him but we need to be consistent.

Never "won" a belt because both Bisping and GSP ducked him.

Never had a defense because Romero is a fat ass.

Not too hard to understand.

0 successful defenses, never was an undisputed champ, he was a paper champ and spent the majority of his “reign” on the shelf.
I am not sure why champs are getting penalized for winning against a heavier opponent. Those fights should only be considered non-title fights if the champ loses.

According to Conor haters, defenses are everything. I know this thread is not about him but we need to be consistent.
Were title defenses important for Conor? That should be question. In my opinion they weren't and Conor is very happy without them.
Hard to say what was important for Robert, but never seen him talking how he is goat and best ever.

2nd Romero fight, he made weight and Romero didnt, if you ask me, that was a title defense.

Back