Whittaker never won a belt, never had a successful defense.

That must suck lol.

I believe he has a tough, tough road to be a champion again. All things considered, he was an awful champion for UFC, so they might not give him an easy road back.
Boy you sure are a beta retard

Your life must suck if you have to try so hard to hate on someone.

So, by this theory Izzy will never be champion, unless he fights George?

But wait, there’s more. George never actually held the MW title Either, under those rules.

You know who he has to fight to rightfully get the MW title???

Murilo Bustamante, that’s right he’s the LAST UFC MW Champion to take the belt, from the Actual Previous champion under your rule set.

Dave Menne won the inaugural UFC belt, and lost in in his next fight to Bustamante, who defended once against Matt Linland then vacated the belt to sign with Pride.

The middleweight belt was vacant for two years before being “give” by your standards to Evan Tanner.

The belt stays on track after this, until George Vacates.

So Izzy needs to Fight Bustemonte By your reasoning , if Bobby knuckles was never champion since he didn’t fight George.

That must suck lol.

I believe he has a tough, tough road to be a champion again. All things considered, he was an awful champion for UFC, so they might not give him an easy road back.
He gave us two great title fights with him vs Romero and you regard that as being an awful champ?

Pfft.

That must suck lol.

To be honest that fight was two interim title holders fighting for a vacant belt. I like both guys, but they gave Rob GSP's belt and then between Yoel missing weight and him being out, he never got a chance to defend it either

If there's one thing we should all be able to agree on it's that going 10 rounds with Romero and winning is a special feat and that's not even mentioning the injuries Rob worked around in both fights.

2nd Romero fight, he made weight and Romero didnt, if you ask me, that was a title defense.
If we are allowed to believe things contrary what the "paper" says, then Whittaker lost that fight and therefore didn't defend.

Never "won" a belt because both Bisping and GSP ducked him.

Never had a defense because Romero is a fat ass.

Not too hard to understand.

^This. How can you win the title when the prior champ ducked the whole division to fight 46 year olds and retired WWs, and that WW that won the belt re-retired because he was terrified to fight you?

He beat Romero and he beat him again when Romero missed weight in what was supposed to be a title fight.

Back