Rumored Whittaker might be getting the rematch...

I agree but the UFC may be in a little bit of a pickle here regarding contenders.

Costa is out (funny enough with a CLASSIC roider injury), Gastelum just recently fought Izzy and has a fight.

Till has proved nothing at all at MW (I am sure they would love to fasttrack him) and if Yoel cant step up there is only Cannonier and Whitaker left. Hermansson just got brutally kod.

Imo Cannonier would be the best option by far but if he isnt available there is only Whitaker left.
Oh I know, I called this in another thread.

Edit:Both Izzy and Rob are paradigm clients, as is mcgregor.

They might want that for Co main of his card.

That's why mcgregor kept posting about Izzy.

that is ridiculous.
I like WHittaker, but that fight was not even close!
There's absolutely no reason for a rematch!

If Whittaker uses a different gameplan this time, he'll fare better. He copied Gastelum's gameplan and got lit up. Gastelum has good head movement and top notch slip n rip for MMA. Whittaker does not possess this skill.

If he comes in at angles, mixes takedowns in, the big shot will be there. He just has to be patient.

Omg this is so fucking dumb, he will get brutalized again maybe even worse or faster.

When will the UFC learn about instant rematches? They almost played out the same way

Everyone wants to see Romero get the TS. Rob rematch can wait

Two title shots in a row where he gets brutalized. No way he earns another one in the next 4 years.
Why? Izzy loses and the door opens once again, look at who he has beaten lol.

1. I don't see Izzy losing at MW.
2. IPT Robert has been read and is already chinny.
LOL Nostradamus

I expect to see your betting slips for every Adesanya fight in the next 4 years.

I like Rob but this is a do or die situation.
If he doesnt come up with an adjusted game plan and get ko'ed again, he'd better move class

i much rather Romero
i like Whittaker but a rematch is stupid unnecessary considering Rob got handled decisively, if it was some kind of close decision i'd understand

He looked great in the first. Good matchmaking.

Maybe he can really land that hook on the thin air more solidly this time.
He felt good and he was doing well until he got caught. Anyone can get caught.

According to him anyway. His lack of analytical realism is shocking for an ex-champ like him. Everyone watching says they saw him making mistakes and wasting his energy and he feels he was "Weidman until he lost" which is crazy because he's always seemed level headed and realistic before this lopsided loss.

He was hitting air and barely touching Izzy as Izzy rolled with everything he threw (I feel like there may have been one exception but maybe I'm wrong - did he actually land a solid shot at any point?). Chasing.... lunging forward and swiping at air and eating shots repeatedly.... and he doesn't seem to feel he should make any adjustments either.

Scary thinking for a guy whose mindstate was always so strong going into fights. Now he's going in with doubt, since he lost to this guy by KO, and also lack of realism. Scary stuff.

And another notch in the column for Stylebender.

Inmediate rematches are terrible for the guy who got his ass kicked the first time.

God no. All these fucking immediate rematches blow!

“To be the man, you have to beat the man...twice.”

Dana White

He shouldn't get an immediate rematch he got sparked by Izzy!

This is bad for everyone involved, especially Whittaker. The guy has taken way too many clean hits in big fights at a young age. All respect to him because he's got the heart of a lion, but what he's doing isn't the recipe for longevity. He's going to be completely shot by the time he's 30 if he doesn't regroup and either change his style, or take some fights with light punchers.

It's bad for Adesanya because it's very unlikely that he can beat him more decisively than the first time around.

It's bad for the fans because the first fight did not warrant a rematch.

Back