Rumored Whittaker might be getting the rematch...

View attachment 669981

Rob's camp need to tell him the hard truth, if he goes in there again soon he'll get smoked and could ruin his career. He was KO'd twice in 8 minutes, it was as close to a squash match as you'll find in terms of the champ being outclassed.

Get back in training, come up with a better gameplan, and let Izzy take some mileage from Costa and Yoel.

lol I'm shocked Rob even put up 32 sig strikes on the board. Dude looked like he didn't even land clean once.

Styles make fights at the end of the day and Israel's style is just a terrible one for Rob.

Just one more win and he can get the rematch.

It will take whittaker 2 - 3 years to get that one win, allowing adesanya to defend 5 - 6 times so he'll be happy with the rematch too.

Matchmakers forgot about Cannonier again?

They will continue to do so until Cannonier start acting like the rest of the sheep and starts forcing himself to talk trash and be flamboyant

If Whittaker gets a rematch it makes me wonder what is the issue with Romero

I'd prefer KG-Izzy 2 (should he beat Till) and Whittaker Cannonier. Should Till win, let's do KG Whittaker and Cannonier Till. Izzy vs Yoel
I like this. That said I'm not as upset @ an immediate rematch with Whittaker as a lot of other people might be, given the circumstances...and I hate immediate rematches, especially when there was a finish. I think Rob had some success in the fight and could make it even more competitive in a rematch. The first fight was awesome to watch, so with Costa out, Romero having lost twice to Whittaker and once to Costa, Cannonier/Till a little to early for a TS ... I wouldn't hate Izzy/Whittaker 2 right away.

I hope not. That fight didn’t merit an immediate rematch. Not to mention Whittaker is injured frequently, don’t want him to hold up the division longer. I like him, but let him prove he can stay healthy and win a fight or two before a rematch.
He should have a nice six monthish medical too imo.

You know what would be interesting while the MW division works itself out.

Woodley getting an MW title shot.

Big fan of Rob, but saw nothing in the first fight to justify a rematch.

He needs time off, then a lesser opponent not rematching Izzy

"We put on fights the fans wanna see" -Dana White

I swear, Yoel fans are the worst. 1-3 in his last four and missed weight for his one win and one of those losses. Deserves a title shot. My ass.

I'm an Aussie & a fan of Whittaker but...

I was really looking forward to Izzy v Costa and...

Coming from the just bleed era I was pleasantly surprised that Romero was mentioned as a replacement. I guess sentimentality is a reason for getting a title shot.

But I feel for guys like Cannonier & Woodley who must be wondering what they have to do for a title shot

Back