Rumored Whittaker might be getting the rematch...

Whittaker is shot and mentally weak.

He was throwing like an angry idiot last fight and got immediately hurt and stopped. I have no expectations from him except to get quickly finished again.

I like Rob but no way could they sell that fight this soon..... He did nothing to suggest he could beat Issy.

I wouldn’t think so, I think a match up with any other top contender would be a good fight for him

Both smart fighters.
Izzy will be over-confident (obviously not opinion, dude did a male ballet routine pre-fight),
and Whittaker could form a better game plan.

Whittaker takes a rematch, unless it goes to decision.

Dumb but UFC loves undeserved rematches when the champ gets destroyed

Damn that's nuts. Seems like they don't want to rush Jared into a TS, they don't want Yoel for the belt, and Costa is out.

What's the reason Gastellum isn't considered ?
Especially after the battle he gave Izzy last time.

Love Rob but

tenor.gif
Most underrated antagonist of all time. What a jerk.

Why do people keep calling for Yoel?

I get that he is a potentially interesting style matchup, but the dude is 1-3 in his last 4 fights. All three losses were close fights, but the record is the record. Let's see him win at least one fight before he is gifted another title shot.

I hope not. That fight didn’t merit an immediate rematch. Not to mention Whittaker is injured frequently, don’t want him to hold up the division longer. I like him, but let him prove he can stay healthy and win a fight or two before a rematch.

100% this...I like Whitaker and was rooting for him, but he fights once a year on average (since he's been in the UFC). I'm super disinterested in all of these immediate title rematches. Let Whittaker win at least a fight, against a top guy, before we start talking about rematches.

No way, just a huge assumption. I bet it's Cannonier. Only thing that makes sense.

Why do people keep calling for Yoel?

I get that he is a potentially interesting style matchup, but the dude is 1-3 in his last 4 fights. All three losses were close fights, but the record is the record. Let's see him win at least one fight before he is gifted another title shot.
Agreed on paper Yoel does not deserve it you should not give a TS to a guy off of two losses atlhough it could be argued that yoel has won his last two fights(infact he won vs robert clearly imho).

Cannonier is the only answer now that Costa is injured.

Edit:Both Izzy and Rob are paradigm clients, as is mcgregor.

They might want that for Co main of his card.

That's why mcgregor kept posting about Izzy.

I believe his opponent is either Jared Cannonier or Jack Hermansson.
His team would be VERY unwise to take on Cannonier so soon after a double knockout loss though. Just my opinion. No way in hell he gets a rematch.

Whittaker doesn't deserve an instant rematch especially after holding the belt so long without defending it. Give shitle tot to Yoel Romero.

all of these fighters and hes the best they could get? i dont even think robert will accept the rm

Yoel and Whittaker are the only fighters in the top 8 who isnt already scheduled or injured.

This would be a very stupid idea for Rob and the UFC. Izzy must be laughing though.

I like this rematch. I don’t even care. Hope Whittaker is more patient this time and uses angles

upload_2019-10-31_16-54-56.png

Rob's camp need to tell him the hard truth, if he goes in there again soon he'll get smoked and could ruin his career. He was KO'd twice in 8 minutes, it was as close to a squash match as you'll find in terms of the champ being outclassed.

Get back in training, come up with a better gameplan, and let Izzy take some mileage from Costa and Yoel.

Back