Rumored Whittaker might be getting the rematch...

Londonjitsu

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Edit:Both Izzy and Rob are paradigm clients, as is mcgregor.

They might want that for Co main of his card.

That's why mcgregor kept posting about Izzy.

Last edited:
I hope not. That fight didn’t merit an immediate rematch. Not to mention Whittaker is injured frequently, don’t want him to hold up the division longer. I like him, but let him prove he can stay healthy and win a fight or two before a rematch.

all of these fighters and hes the best they could get? i dont even think robert will accept the rm

Damn that's nuts. Seems like they don't want to rush Jared into a TS, they don't want Yoel for the belt, and Costa is out.

War Izzy v2
19352026-7542409-image-a-25_1570337454091.jpg

NOOOOO!!! I don't want to see my Boi getting starched again. That's a Terrible idea, why not get some wins first? Also you can't afford to lose to the champ twice, especially if izzy goes on a long reign, like rich franklin

I will say Whittaker does a little better but will lose a decision.

Damn Costa and his natty tendons, I really don't wanna see Rob getting KO'd again..

I'd prefer KG-Izzy 2 (should he beat Till) and Whittaker Cannonier. Should Till win, let's do KG Whittaker and Cannonier Till. Izzy vs Yoel

I said it earlier, wouldn't be surprised to see the Whittaker rematch next.

I like Whittaker but he doesn't deserve a rematch.

He looked great in the first. Good matchmaking.

Maybe he can really land that hook on the thin air more solidly this time.

For what? Zero actual title defenses and the fight wasn't competitive at all.

so they are gonna rush him back into the octagon after getting KOd twice in the same fight?

I hope not. That fight didn’t merit an immediate rematch. Not to mention Whittaker is injured frequently, don’t want him to hold up the division longer. I like him, but let him prove he can stay healthy and win a fight or two before a rematch.
No one ever deserves an immediate rematch after a clear defeat, it makes it look like you won't really be the champion until you beat them twice in a row, and what happens if they lose the rematch, a third fight?

As much as i would like to see israel lose... if rob wins they would have to do the trilogy. Holding up the division.

i'd rather not see the rematch

I find it hard to believe the UFC would give him a rematch, considering he ruined two UFC cards as champ then got murked in his last fight. Maybe he just has another fight coming up, not against IA.

Back