• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

White woman calls cops on black man babysitting white kids

Was it right for the lady to call the police in this situation?

• Total voters
She lurked from afar throughout.

Cops made a whole big scene about it. Walking up and loudly calling out to me drawing attention to the whole situation. Took about 5 minutes for one to realize what was going on while the other is talking over both myself and his partner. That resulted in having to have her mother leave work to come by and affirm that it was her daughter.

0 apology from any party. Her daughter was all freaked out because she was yelling for me the entire time the cops were detaining me.
wow that sounds intense.

pretty shitty no apology from either woman or cops. that is legit the least they could do.

He could have been the significant other to a white female, driving her kids somewhere. What a fucking nutjob. I would seriously blast this lady for this call. I get that people kidnap children, but unless you see them on a milk carton or they seem in distress, mind your own fucking business.

I don't understand women who put their children in daycare, babysitters etc.

Look after your f**king kids!

So, if I follow you around, and then accost you at a gas station and demand to speak with children in your care, you should be ok with that and just let me have at 'em?
And why the fuck can't they be step-children?

How hard is it to say to a lady "Thanks for your concern, but I'm actually babysitting these angels. Aren't I kids?" Kids: "Yay!" Problem solved before it even began. Some people love acting contrarian and refuse to speak politely to people, then act surprised and outraged at the obvious consequences of their behaviour.

White people please quit doing stupid shit like this. You are embarassing the rest of us. I dont fault the cops at all though. If she called and said it was suspicious or something they have to check it out. Even if it sounds stupid.

Well you can’t really be upset that the cop called to confirm everything was fine. You can blame the woman all you want, but, what if the cop didn’t investigate properly and the children were kidnapped. When you involve the police they have a duty to provide a proper investigation.

Shame on white woman #6729 for calling the cops for frivolous reasons. It's 2018. This shit shouldn't raise alarms just because the caregiver isn't the same race as the children.

I'm not blaming the cops about this one at all. They kinda have to take all calls seriously and investigate. The cop used some clear critical thinking and kept this from escalating into a major issue, which in this day and age should be celebrated. According to the kids' mom, the officer was apologetic on the phone and that was that.

I remember reading something on reddit where a forum full of cops were complaining about constantly getting calls to investigate black people who were doing normal, non-criminal, day-to-day shit, including just doing their jobs. The overall sentiment was that they're embarrassed and annoyed at these kinds of calls because it makes them look like racist assholes when really it's on the caller.

Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth with the last paragraph.

I used to babysit a bunch of kids when I was younger, had the cops called on me 3 times when I was babysitting non-white kids. It did not make the news. Its only racism if it happens to a non-white person. Fuck all of you cunts that said this is racist. I hope your kids are kidnapped and no one does a thing to stop it.

I used to babysit a bunch of kids when I was younger, had the cops called on me 3 times when I was babysitting non-white kids. It did not make the news. Its only racism if it happens to a non-white person. Fuck all of you cunts that said this is racist. I hope your kids are kidnapped and no one does a thing to stop it.
<30>

Some women need to work, to support their kids. Every couple occasionally wants some time to themselves, without the kids.

You have issues .....

Are you a cop?

Yeah. Been one for ten years and USMC prior to that. I don’t like to get too involved with stuff on here for the most part because admittedly, I’m a little biased having seen things from the other side.

How hard is it to say to a lady "Thanks for your concern, but I'm actually babysitting these angels. Aren't I kids?" Kids: "Yay!" Problem solved before it even began. Some people love acting contrarian and refuse to speak politely to people, then act surprised and outraged at the obvious consequences of their behaviour.
And here we have a person trying to excuse away the woman's behavior and instead fault the guy.

Why should he have to explain anything to her, what she assumed was insulting, and any guardian or parent would balk at her comments and get angry. As if you would be soo accommodating if a stranger demands to speak to your kids, presuming you are up to no good.

"A WHITE woman reportedly called the cops on a black man she saw babysitting two white children at a Walmart store in Georgia.

Corey Lewis, who runs a youth-mentoring program in Atlanta, used Facebook Live to film his interaction with a local police officer responding to the woman’s call about the girl and boy he was babysitting on Sunday.

Mr Lewis explained to the officer that he is the kids’ babysitter — that he’d taken them to eat dinner at the Subway in Walmart and then stopped to get some gas — which is when the woman, who had been following them, approached.

The woman asked Mr Lewis if she could speak to the girl, to see if she knew who he was — and he refused, Mr Lewis told the police officer. That’s when she called the cops and then followed Mr Lewis all the way home, he said.

“All because I got two kids in the back seat who do not look like me, this lady took it upon herself to say that she’s going to take my plate down and call the police,” Mr Lewis said in another Facebook video. “It’s crazy … It’s 2018 and this is what I’ve got to deal with.”

The children, a 10-year-old girl and a six-year-old boy, confirmed to the officer that Mr Lewis was their after-school teacher and babysitter.

Their parents, David Parker and Dana Mango, were shocked when they were called by the police to confirm the story, telling local outlet CBS46 that they believe Mr Lewis was stalked and harassed for “babysitting while black”.

“I said, ‘Are you saying that because there’s an African-American male driving my two white kids, that he was stopped and pulled over and questioned?’ and he said, ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, that’s exactly what I’m saying,’” the mother told the station."

full story is here- https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/76327e75d5ebf18db8dd1c1439416bfd

i am not sure if i am more shocked that the lady felt she had to call the cops because she saw a black man with two white kids, or if i am more shocked that the cops acted upon her call and called the kids parents to confirm that this was the case. i am aware in the states there was a massive raid recently where 123 kids were found in trafficking rings (https://www.news.com.au/world/north...p/news-story/1597d523f189d050ae389b94055d2318) and that scenarios with kids, their safety is number 1. but i also find it hard to process that this was the ladies first thoughts that came to mind. she should also offer the man an apology, and to the kids parents too.

what you guys think?
Few would actually go ahead and call the cops, but it's common for people who have children that don't look like them racially to be questioned, whether it's their biological interracial children or their adopted children. I remember hearing about a white guy with adopted Asian daughters and somebody thought he was sex trafficking them. Or even if you're just acting as their guardian. There were a couple black guys who were coaching a white girl in a competition out of town and acting as her guardians and they had a legal permission note from the parents but the police still hassled them and it took the longest time for them to finally believe them.

Yeah no woman don't have to work or anything. It's not like households don't need dual incomes nowadays. And surely there is no such thing as a single parent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back