White: UFC-Reebok deal ‘ended up being an absolute home run’

The Reebok deal is the second biggest travesty in MMA behind the fall of PrideFC.

Before the Reebok deal MMA was more magnificent and inspiring with individual fighters evolving their identity and uniquely choosing their clothes. Roman gladiator shorts, anything goes.

And fighters were able to make up for lost revenue by controlling their own sponsorship deals, making up for already getting taken advantage of by the UFC in revenue share.

Sponsorship deals can be a massive benefit to fighter income and the UFC stole it.

you do understand there nothing stopping any fighter from having sponsorship deals right now this min. you know that right

you do understand there nothing stopping any fighter from having sponsorship deals right now this min. you know that right

No, half this thread doesn't seem to understand that. Paulo Costs has like 15 sponsors he pushes on instagram and he's not even a well known fighter to casuals

To that I say, Really Dana? Really...

GettyImages-479063630.0.jpg

Is that Rory between Gus and Manuwa?

MVP is a pretty well known fighter and he can barely find 3 sponsors for his shirts, one of which is his own gym and i have no f'n clue what fighter trainng is

11-Michael-Page-V-Fernando-Gonzalez_5652-e1527110845308.jpg

I don’t think some fans realise how much money some fighters lost through sponsors. Absolute home run ? Home run for what the Boxing Day sneaker sales are you kidding it’s literally robbing fighters of their pay and it’s not like the ufc is compensating them

Dude, I've gotten 2k from one sponsor alone. (still plenty of space for more)
I've trained with a couple guys where they can only compete because of sponsors. Sponsors are a win win, a generous business owner gets a bit of promotion and a fighter gets to fight while being able to eat and pay for a place to stay.

No, half this thread doesn't seem to understand that. Paulo Costs has like 15 sponsors he pushes on instagram and he's not even a well known fighter to casuals

yup soical media is a big tool to fighters. why do you think pvz makes so much not fighting.

sure the ufc could allow banners with approved sponsors but they dont.

Considering the deal comes to end this year it will be very interesting moving forward what happens.

I bet in the future we'll see it continue either with Reebok or maybe Adidas decides to be the name brand(I know they own Reebok) but I'm sure it will be shopped around also. The new owners are pushing the envelope on every deal. So no way is Reebok getting away with the old numbers or probably even close. I also believe the UFC will be looking to get more say in the deal. My guess is they'd want a handful of top tier sponsors being on the fight gear (ie:Monster, Modelo, etc.). It would all add to the pot. Question is if the UFC gets a multi million dollar increase yearly are the fighter tiers going to go up considerably???

It is. It gives fighters no one has ever heard or care about a little money... much more than condom Depot was paying out .
While screwing the majority of fighters out of much more money than they could generate on their own. You should really lookup the structure before making such a silly comment. It’s a ripoff.

yup soical media is a big tool to fighters. why do you think pvz makes so much not fighting.

sure the ufc could allow banners with approved sponsors but they dont.
And the amount of followers and exposure have gone up exponentially since the UFC deal was signed. Just stop and think of what social media apps didn’t even exist when the ufc signed this deal years ago compared to now. That’s how quickly things change.

He says that until they don't have a deal anymore than it will be fuck them

While screwing the majority of fighters out of much more money than they could generate on their own. You should really lookup the structure before making such a silly comment. It’s a ripoff.
I know the structure. It’s a good thing. People no one care about are getting paid . They wouldn’t be able to fight without the extra money . If you think the majority of people were getting paid more by condom depo you are full of it . No way do the majority get screwed . The bigger guys can get other sponsors as well. It’s a great deal and the fighters don’t look trashy AF anymore

And the amount of followers and exposure have gone up exponentially since the UFC deal was signed. Just stop and think of what social media apps didn’t even exist when the ufc signed this deal years ago compared to now. That’s how quickly things change.

how do you think conor become so big. the blowing up of twitter and ig is why with him winning.

lots of fighters are big on ig and can than use sponsorship deals to put out stuff to there followers.

when conor signed with the ufc he didnt have what the 20 millon followers he does now but he does now cause the internet help turn into the lebron james on mma.

success meaning that the ufc made some money but the fighters lost money because no more sponsors and fines if they don't comply with fight week dress codes. We make tonnes of money while the fighters become even more reliant on our slave wages.

Back