White: UFC-Reebok deal ‘ended up being an absolute home run’

It did one good thing according to the baldfather and objective financial analysts and savvy sherdoggers.
4bead6e3a007c8c066bf2463a31fe71a.jpg

It sorted the needy from the greedy, and those who trust me from the ones who don't, because if you can't see value here today, you're not up here shopping. You're up here shoplifting. You see these goods? Never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelite. Fanny by the gaslight. Take a bag, c'mon take a bag. I took a bag home last night. Cost me a lot more than ten pound, I can tell you. Anyone like jewelry? Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy, hand-stolen in Stepney. It's as long as my arm. I wish it was as long as something else. Don't think because these boxes are sealed up, they're empty. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker, and by the look of some of you lot today, I'd make more money with me measuring tape. Here, one price. Ten pound.

Connor claiming to be on track to make 80 million!! his paycheck is only a 20th of it. Rest must be Reebok money!!

It did one good thing according to the baldfather and objective financial analysts and savvy sherdoggers.
4bead6e3a007c8c066bf2463a31fe71a.jpg

It sorted the needy from the greedy, and those who trust me from the ones who don't, because if you can't see value here today, you're not up here shopping. You're up here shoplifting. You see these goods? Never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelite. Fanny by the gaslight. Take a bag, c'mon take a bag. I took a bag home last night. Cost me a lot more than ten pound, I can tell you. Anyone like jewelry? Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy, hand-stolen in Stepney. It's as long as my arm. I wish it was as long as something else. Don't think because these boxes are sealed up, they're empty. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker, and by the look of some of you lot today, I'd make more money with me measuring tape. Here, one price. Ten pound.
One of my favorite parts from one of my favorite movies...
{<redford}

Anderson Silva nosedived into the shit when he stopped using the legendary pink shorts.
I blame Reebok for that.

Nike, Adidas, Puma, New Balance or even some MMA brand like Venum... so many great designers and they chose for Reebok. I used to own some Reebok sneakers in like 2008 and that’s all I ever bought from them. Absolutely useless brand.

you do understand there nothing stopping any fighter from having sponsorship deals right now this min. you know that right
So you’re telling me Anderson Silva can still come out with Burger King on his shorts. Being promoted by CBD and posting a pic on insta doesn’t cut the loss the make stop being a puppet to this bullshit I’m sure if you were fighting you’d be furious

From his standpoint, maybe it is. I've never even considered buying anything MMA related from Reebok though, so I'm sure they're regretting it even though they get a ton of advertising. The fighters probably aren't stoked either, considering they can't wear any sponsors into the cage and even at most UFC sanctioned press functions...so they are probably still losing a ton of money.
Someone on here offered a hypothesis: UFC wants the Reebok gear to look like crap, so the fighters won't wear it outside the cage and embarrass the company when they get into fights, rapes, etc. covered in Reebok/UFC logos. Ditto for the fans -- they don't want us typical weirdos wearing this stuff and hurting the corporate image.

A homerun for the UFC execs, fuck the fighters am I right?!

It's also short sighted in some ways too, if the fighters can't get sponsors, or at least sponsors that they give exposure to at UFC events where the eyeballs and money are, the fighters don't have the incentive to market themselves. There is some long term benefit to fighters becomeing more popular obviously when the renegotiate their UFC contracts, but you take away a lot of motivation for fighters to actually get out there and build events and fights up when they can't get sponsors that will benefit from it.

You think some business wouldn't pay a fighter more than the $1'000 reebok does to wear their gear on the undercard of the Conor/Cowboy PPV this weekend? I'd pay that for my business to get that exposure. We pay that to buy jerseys for the local div 3 regional basketball side! Conor will get what, $25k reebok money (cant remember exact amount) this weekend? You can't tell me someone wouldnt pay 10 times that.

It also washes out the fighters, fighters could be more recognizable with more individual outfits, which makes them even more marketable because of that. The UFC doesn't get a cut of that though and they are greedy! What they should do in my opinion though, is just set guidelines as to approved attire, then go back to letting the fighters get their own sponsors. They would then put an excess on this, such as a 10% of fighters sponsorship to be paid to the UFC as a royalty.

Yeah home run for dana. Hes making a killing of the fighters and Reebok.

The Reebok deal is the second biggest travesty in MMA behind the fall of PrideFC.

Before the Reebok deal MMA was more magnificent and inspiring with individual fighters evolving their identity and uniquely choosing their clothes. Roman gladiator shorts, anything goes.

And fighters were able to make up for lost revenue by controlling their own sponsorship deals, making up for already getting taken advantage of by the UFC in revenue share.

Sponsorship deals can be a massive benefit to fighter income and the UFC stole it.
What you mean?
Dana now gets 20 artificial snow days in vegas. Its a huge success to his bank account.

So you’re telling me Anderson Silva can still come out with Burger King on his shorts. Being promoted by CBD and posting a pic on insta doesn’t cut the loss the make stop being a puppet to this bullshit I’m sure if you were fighting you’d be furious

anderson silva can use ig to promote burger king and cbd oils duh that what ig is for. how do you think conor beceom the biger and bigger diva he is. how can pvz make money not fighting o wait it from her sponsors and ig posts.

sociel media is famous person best friend.

As usual Dana White full of shit. Funny also when he pumps the UFCs future when saying ... "You won't believe what we have planned for the next few years. It will blow your mind." ... and then never says anything specific. Was it that big of a deal for the fan to put UFC into digital media ? Meh

anderson silva can use ig to promote burger king and cbd oils duh that what ig is for. how do you think conor beceom the biger and bigger diva he is. how can pvz make money not fighting o wait it from her sponsors and ig posts.

sociel media is famous person best friend.
I can’t really argue if u don’t see the point. They’re never going to make more on IG than fighting in a world title fight in front of millions on PPV idk how much obvious it is. Conor literally had to make a whiskey to get paid what he deserves and I hate Conor

It led to the Fox deal, which led to the WME sale, which led to the ESPN deal. Fighters got screwed and i'm not sure how much the Reebok deal directly made, but it was necessary for the company to do what it did. I mean it helped legitimize MMA as a sport (to casuals) to some degree.

Still got GSP original print never worn, need to get it signed someday, hopefully it will be worth some coin 20-30 years down the road.

Back