White House admits Trump climate policies will cost Americans $500 billion a year

Why bring up consensus then? You just don't like your theory picked apart. Tell me, since when did you start trusting big oil? You have a difficult time proving that global warming is caused by man, when we know the climate changes on Mars too.

Because we believe the consensus among the experts as the best explanation of the current data set and base our actions on it until data arises that overturns the consensus. I believe AGW because virtually all of the climate scientists including those paid by big oil support the theory. This shows me that the data and conclusion is independent of political bias since big oil would love for the opposite to be true.

Are you being serious? I'll let you read the article, if you still want me to respond let me know.
What's even more funny is the how the Australians made excuses for the landmass increasing. Keep in mind, this is the part of the ocean that is rising the most with your theory.

Because we believe the consensus among the experts as the best explanation of the current data set and base our actions on it until data arises that overturns the consensus. I believe AGW because virtually all of the climate scientists including those paid by big oil support the theory. This shows me that the data and conclusion is independent of political bias since big oil would love for the opposite to be true.
Consensus is meaningless to facts. At one time scientists had a consensus that the world was flat.

He's not trusting big oil you dope. He's just saying that even they agree it's a huge issue, and they're part of the problem so that just shows how big of problem climate change is.

"Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
There is not proof that global warming is connected to human activities. This is a theory and I am glad you used the word likely, because you don't really know.

"When the climate sends its weather, they're not sending their best. They're bringing storms. They're bringing fires. They're rapists. And some, I assume, is good weather."

Some of the wettest rains, in terms of water.

Last edited:
Consensus is meaningless to facts. At one time scientists had a consensus that the world was flat.

So what you're going with is the "Science is a Liar Sometimes" arguement from Always Sunny.

The level of proof you want before accepting and taking action on something is litterally impossible to come to on any number of important scientific areas. You're arguing scientific consensus (on both ends of the table) is not enough for policy action on a subject that without action there is no ability to determine the fact of the matter. This is just a terrible approach to science or logic.

Scientists or scholars?

When was this consensus?
Was it before or after the wide spread use of the scientifc method that led to the incredible rate of progress the world has seen in recent times?

Even in his article it states that 5 islands have already disappeared due to rise in sea levels, and 6 more are on their way.

This dude is either an idiot or trying to spew misinformation for some reason in this site.
im gonna go with the first one

No you dolt, they want to actually do something instead of just sitting on their asses. Making a change towards clean energy would be a start.

If that were true, their actions would reflect it. But, by and large, they don't.

They want the little people to make sacrifices and actually do something about it, while they continue on living their plush lives.

If that were true, their actions would reflect it. But, by and large, they don't.

They want the little people to make sacrifices and actually do something about it, while they continue on living their plush lives.
so as a fuck you to the "elites" you are prepared to ignore the increasingly loud warnings of climate catastrophe.............that'll show em........

So what you're going with is the "Science is a Liar Sometimes" arguement from Always Sunny.

The level of proof you want before accepting and taking action on something is litterally impossible to come to on any number of important scientific areas. You're arguing scientific consensus (on both ends of the table) is not enough for policy action on a subject that without action there is no ability to determine the fact of the matter. This is just a terrible approach to science or logic.
By your logic....consensus = science.
<36>

so as a fuck you to the "elites" you are prepared to ignore the increasingly loud warnings of climate catastrophe.............that'll show em........

Warnings from people who seemingly don't even believe them themselves.

Even in his article it states that 5 islands have already disappeared due to rise in sea levels, and 6 more are on their way.

This dude is either an idiot or trying to spew misinformation for some reason in this site.
BTW sandbars should not count as islands. Then when they disappear claim the sea levels are rising.

Warnings from people who seemingly don't even believe them themselves.
what makes you think they dont believe it? human nature being what it is, we all know how we should excercise and eat well, dont smoke or drink, yet large numbers of us ignore that, the difference this time is the consequences are going to be felt anyway.

By your logic....consensus = science.
<36>

Not at all, the consensus is the expert conclusion based on the current data set, it can be found wrong with new data and be overturned. You never answered though, what is scientific "fact" and who determines it?

Not at all, the consensus is the expert conclusion based on the current data set, it can be found wrong with new data and be overturned. You never answered though, what is scientific "fact" and who determines it?
I'll let you look up terms you don't understand that try to deflect from the subject. Do you not see an issue with the problem of group think and using consensus as a metric, and then call it science?

That's a nice round number based on complete guesswork. Please, tell me more about how many people will be sick in 2090 or have to fix their beachfront homes. Are you effing kidding me with "loss of productivity and sickness"? I hate to tell you but robots will have taken those jobs long before that and of potential causes of health problems 72 years from now, weather doesn't even rank.

Back