White boxers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why is BJ Penn so huge then? He's probably the most popular fighter in the ufc at this moment.

because nobody has his complete skillset. Kind of like that Woods guy.

i usually cheer the white american fighters. i dont know why, maybe i find more in common. and they seem to be an oddity for the most part. ive always liked pavlik and the way he carries himself... the quiet type, good character, good fighter, pale like me.

last hometown fighter was vargas, and there have only been a few other successes from the area. being a local fighter trump anything unless theyre some unsavory motherfucker, but ask yourself what attracts you to certain fighters? other than style, i think you'd be fooling yourself if race/nationality doesnt play a part... even to you

Nothing wrong with that. People just like to cheer for someone who has something in common with them.

Nothing wrong with that. People just like to cheer for someone who has something in common with them.

No. This phenomenon is unheard of and does not happen in boxing.

See the Kelly Pavlik thread.

Miranda then JT twice. I think he was do for an easy fight.

People didn't think too much of Taylor around here until Pavlik knocked him out.

C'mon guys, it's just a joke.

I'm actually happy that Kelly took a break. Seano's got a point about all the wars that Pavlik's fought.

At least Kelly doesn't have the skin of a Vietnamese schoolgirl....except for the one in his basement, of course.

<tap tap> Is this thing on?

People didn't think too much of Taylor around here until Pavlik knocked him out.

um.. he fought Hopkins to close decisions two times.. whether you think he won or lost, thats something.. also.. see his bout with Joppy. See how he toys with the former champ. He's got skill.

I don't really care what race fighters are if they are good they are good. If they are white so what, but if they are Irish-Americans or even better yet some combination of half-Irish catholic and half-Irish catholic/scots-irish/some dutch mabye/some english/pretty much all white groups living here prior to 1850 then I feel like it is necessary to hope they do well.

It also includes minorities in sports. There were a lot of white people hoping Inginla would do well in the NHL and white boxers are rare these days also so it isn't a big deal if you are hoping they do well because they are white.

PS: White people are claiming all half-white americans who play in the NBA from now on. Black people have Obama and we are claiming some point guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back