Which victory of Anderson Silva was the most impressive?

Which victory of Anderson Silva was the most impressive?

• Total voters
I'll probably go with the Forrest Griffin fight, because that was like watching the matrix, it was unreal. All of those others fights were so impressive as well but I guess they still looked like a fight, but the Griffin one was weird, like the camera was doing those 2 frames per second shots in slow mo as Griffin was trying to hit Anderson.

I will say though the Leben debut fight is probably the best debut ever in UFC, that was wild!! you can't get a better debut than that, it was total destruction in 1 minute.

I'll probably go with the Forrest Griffin fight, because that was like watching the matrix, it was unreal. All of those others fights were so impressive as well but I guess they still looked like a fight, but the Griffin one was weird, like the camera was doing those 2 frames per second shots in slow mo as Griffin was trying to hit Anderson.

I will say though the Leben debut fight is probably the best debut ever in UFC, that was wild!! you can't get a better debut than that, it was total destruction in 1 minute.

The Leben fight was insane.

1Mj.gif

steven-seagal-eating.gif

I will always love anderson for that first chael fight. He showed what Martial arts is truly about.
I remember me and my friends we were the only ones in high school who even cared about
UFC . as it was labeled as hillbilly stuff, and to be fair they werent entirely wrong
but we loved the martial arts and knockouts. we really did feel like we were apart of a underground
secret frat just by simply watching the ufc.

anyway i remember how depressed we were at Anderson just moments away, about to lose, and then like lighting in a bottle,
is when he pulled it off. I shrieked like a little girl so loud we all were excited, jumping up and down. moments like that showed me what
a miracle was. anderson made me a believer.......

I also remember the MMA COMMUNITY from back then too
<HisEye>all ima say is that theres alot of fake anderson silva fans.... thats all ima say.

i went with Chael... tho my first thought was Belfort there was bad blood and you could see and feel it that kick was crazy tho Forrest fight best gif wise.. Monday quarterbacking it Forrest has said he was on something the night before for his anxiety ( dont have time look for it) 90% he said he was on dowers.. or something before the fight... kinda takes away shine for me... Henderson was great one too Dan was still a killer..

found it ... Forrest Griffin admitted to failing his post-fight drug test after taking the drug Xanax before his UFC 101 matchup with Anderson Silva. Griffin said (via MMAFighting.com), "I had a doctor's prescription, I was just, I didn't do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn't sleep."

Last edited:
Chael ....... he was getting 50 - 45d by Chael then gotta triangle outta nowhere late in 5th. Still hrestedt comeback I have seen.

Griffin, he made him look like a total bum, Griffin just lost his belt to a guy he was beating and before that, he beat Shogun and Rampage back to back also was bigger than Anderson too

All of them are spectacular.

Leben was this granite jaw brute swinging sledgehammers. He could’ve given Silva problems (and sent him back to Japan where the competition is a bit easier)? Nah, total destruction muay thai style.

Franklin was very well rounded and tough, also the UFC MW champ. Silva came in there and wrecked him! Well, the second time will sure be different and Franklin will have an answer for the clinch… right? Wrong! Total destruction and a broken nose for Franklin.

Hendo is a legend with great power (even if the H bomb version of him came later) and even greater jaw. He had great wrestling and had only been subbed twice in his career (both times by the legendary Nogueira brothers) so he had plenty of weapons inside the octagon. Silva took him out in the 2nd round with a rear naked choke :eek: Amazing performance.

How about the Griffin fight? Griffin was tough as nails, well rounded, tall and had just beaten the LHW greats in Rampage and Shogun before losing the title. Silva clowned him matrix style, dodging every strike and dropping Griffin left and right before finishing him with a fade away jab (anchor punch?). Amazing, amazing!

Belfort was lightning fast and powerful, surely he’d give Silva problems? Wrong! Front kick to the face, couple follow up shots and the lights go out! What the damn hell? Just highlight reel finish after highlight reel finish!!

How about enduring 23 minutes of getting mangled on the ground and punched in the face by the American Gangster? Not enough, a triangle choke (triangle armbar, too?) ends the fight and the crown remains on top of Silva’s head.

GOAT.

<BC1>

I voted Leben, he was a tough match up for anybody. Block head and knockout power for days, says he’s gonna send him back to Japan where the competition is easier.
Anderson shows up and says, hold my beer. Absolute destruction in round one, I’m pretty sure Leben never landed a shot.

Back